Author Topic: Transmitting Problems w/AHVoice  (Read 340 times)

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Transmitting Problems w/AHVoice
« on: March 16, 2002, 12:57:48 PM »
For those of you having trouble transmitting in AH Voice...go into Direct X Diagnostic and click on Sound and move Hardware Sound Accleration to "No Accleration".  
« Last Edit: March 16, 2002, 09:01:52 PM by RightF00T »

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2002, 07:02:20 PM »
*punt*

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2002, 08:56:28 PM »
Tried it. No dice. I've got Hi-tech stumped on this one. I can hear perfect, but my x-mit is scratchy, and tough to understand. Drivers updated today, new Mic, nothing. Freakin Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard!

HELP!!!

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2002, 08:59:44 PM »
ok I had sim prob with a SB Live what I had to do was turn on mic with the creative start center and the regular audio controls so maybe you have sim software for TB card try that ...anywhere you can turn on mic do it.....
GW
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2002, 01:13:42 PM »
Do you have AHVoice set for direct sound or WAV recording?  Ammo and I were messing with it the other day, and Direct Sound recording seemed to work best for his transmission.

Oh, and make sure in your audio properties you dig into the Advanced part and click the 20db boost checkbox if available.  That is pretty much required IMO.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2002, 01:17:33 PM »
Looking for the scratchy or soft on sb lives. Few people have it and have not found what causes it yet.

If every thing works correctly except you are very soft and can not raise the volume with db boost and the mic slider to the top, this is the symtems of the bug.

If anyone finds a solution I realy wan't to know.

My guess is it has somthing to do with the selected wave in device in multimedia setup.

Offline the_hegemon

• Copper Member
      • http://127.0.0.1
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2002, 11:02:27 PM »
I've got an SB Live, but i'm running into a slightly different problem: I can transmit, and some other people can hear me, but some can't, even though they are either in range or on the same channel.  I also can't(or haven't) heard anyone else (no xmit beeps or anything), and I can't talk to myself, i.e. .radio 5 darkstar puts my name in the window, but I can't hear myself.

Any clues as to what i'm doing wrong?

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2002, 12:45:33 AM »
Originally posted by Lephturn
Oh, and make sure in your audio properties you dig into the Advanced part and click the 20db boost checkbox if available.  That is pretty much required IMO.

I noted that AHV will turn OFF that 20db boost on my system after a while. I need to alt tab to the sound properties , uncheck & recheck the 20db Boost to get audible again when that happens. need to do this everytime I log in.

Sblive
WinXP
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2002, 12:50:13 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw

I noted that AHV will turn OFF that 20db boost on my system after a while. I need to alt tab to the sound properties , uncheck & recheck the 20db Boost to get audible again when that happens. need to do this everytime I log in.

Sblive
WinXP

One more reason to love AHV. :rolleyes:
sand

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2002, 01:18:44 AM »
Hey, I like that feature! stop using me for blackmail money will ya!
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2002, 01:49:03 AM »
This update helped me and works for xp users:
Im using a cisco router and thats why it helped me since all my traffic in and out is nat controlled.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q316397

First i tougth it was my drivers but i could not use direct play as bescribed in this document from microsoft, hope it help others too.

airguard

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2002, 04:57:00 AM »
I have almost the same problem as saw I think. I can hear people and my self if put .radio 5 wilbuz, but it goes away after a few minutes. People can still hear me but I can't hear anyone at all. Allso, when in .radio 5 wilbuz and I talk, after it has stopped working, I don't even see my name anymore.

Alt tab is out question for me because the whole thing locks up when I do.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2002, 08:43:47 AM »
I've got one (more) problem with this... After setting the hardware acceleration to "none," I could transmit on AHV but all external sounds went away. I even tried turning off my own engine sounds so I could hear those around me and got nothing but the wind over the wings. Kinda freaky to enter a furball with no sound other than my own. It's amazing how dependent I've become on the active 3d sound.

So... I logged... reset DirectX to full acceleration. I've got nothing to say on AHV anyway.
sand

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2002, 10:07:01 AM »
Air guard-

Do you think that patch will work for me?

I'm using XP, and I have a cable modem.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2002, 10:25:14 AM »
Pre-patch 1.09 seemed to have a different AHVoice problem than now.

An example:

then - some could hear AKCurly fine, others could not

now - no one can hear him well

RW - can hear him loud and clear

This was true for others in our squad as well. Some could be heard clearly by a few but not all. This would seem to point to something other than a mic problem.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.