Author Topic: Perks!?  (Read 795 times)

Offline AIRJOCKEY

• Zinc Member
Perks!?
« on: March 18, 2002, 07:45:40 AM »
Can someone please take just a moment to educate the FNG as to what a perk is and why would I want them and how do I go about getting them?

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
That's what the help is there for.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 11:16:22 AM »
http://www.hitechcreations.com/perks.html

You should check out the Help link off of HTC's website, and download the help as well.  It should answer most of your questions.  If you still have questions after reading that, ask away and I'll see if I can explain.

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Perks!?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 11:21:02 AM »
Perk points are let's say some kind of "money". fot example:In fighter you are earning perks by killing other planes. by every kill you getting some number of points (depends on dificulty... if you killed me262 in mc202 you gonna get a more perks then if you killed mc202 in me262... cuz it's hadr to survive in 202). you can use your perk points to "buy" some planes (or better borrow them it is). you can't fly me262 if you don't have 200 perks...
if you die in me262 you are loosin' this 200 perks... if you take it up and land after flight you still have your perk points.

(damn... need to drink some coffe now... what a lnaguage.. shame on me...)

Offline nebelwerfer

• Zinc Member
Perks!?
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 11:34:41 AM »
Hi!

You lose 200 perk points if you die in a Me262.
What happens with the points if you crash, bail ditch, do you lose
all points whatever if you don't "Land successfully"?

Thnx in advance!
:confused:

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Perks!?
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2002, 12:05:22 PM »
i'm not sure about ditch but in any other case you are loosing your perks

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Perks!?
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2002, 01:02:06 PM »
Death = 200 perk loss.

Bail = 100 perk loss, think ditch, for some weird reason takes away 200 aswell.
Ditch should only be 1/8 (25 for 262) perk loss IMO, after all, a ditched plane in R/L was almost always towed back to field and repaired.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline jaus

• Zinc Member
Perks!?
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2002, 05:43:05 AM »
Originally posted by nebelwerfer
Hi!

You lose 200 perk points if you die in a Me262.
What happens with the points if you crash, bail ditch, do you lose
all points whatever if you don't "Land successfully"?

Thnx in advance!
:confused:

Last Tour I acclumulated the points for a 262 so I decided to try it.   Took on up flew in to nmeland and spotted a B26 ib to a field.

Bounced it, shot it down, but took hits to both wings.  No aileron.   Climbed out and nursed the plane into friendly territory with elevator and rudder.  Mad a couple of passes to an airfield before fiinally bringing the  ship to rest just off the runway in the middle of a friendly field.  

Exit the plane and to my horror I see the system respond : You have ditched.  Checked the hanger and I have lost 200 perk points in the last sortie.

Offline AIRJOCKEY

• Zinc Member
opps
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2002, 08:30:14 AM »
know what you mean.......
gotta  exit on the tarmac for it to be a legit landing...

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Perks!?
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2002, 08:59:32 AM »
yes Wilbus, it's strange...

walues should be diffenent here:
bail = -200 points in me262, 'cuz it's a loss of plane
ditch = -200 perks at enemy teritory (while pilot is captured), but ditch at friendly grounds should be counted like -100.. or maybe less (pilot alived, plane saved)
that's only my opinion... do not consider it as a whining. i'm not concerned about perks much :D

Offline freeze

• Zinc Member
Perks!?
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2002, 04:37:02 AM »
Does HT klnow how we think ?

This discussion only makes sence if HT knows whats going on

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Perks!?
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2002, 09:47:12 AM »
'we' meaning the few people in this thread...

Offline Tub-o-lard

• Zinc Member
Perks!?
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2002, 06:38:24 PM »
Is it possible to transfer perk points between players?

Do perk point accumulate indefinately or do they reset at the end of each map rotation?

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
Perks!?
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2002, 03:20:03 PM »
No it is not possible to transfer your perk points to any other player.

Perk points accumulate beyond each tour, and can be used in any future campaign or tours.

You do have to earn your perks in each specific arena. For instance those 300 perks you have in the main arena won't be any good in the Combat Arena. You'll have to earn them in that arena as well.

One important point to remember is that just obtaining a lot of perk points does not automatically mean you are a good or great pilot. It does mean that you have a lot of time to fly online to accumulate such points.  Don't assume the guy with only a few hundred perk points is not as good as the one with 3000 perks. One might be vastly superior, but only have a little time to fly and accumulate points. The other might be a terrible pilot who is on hours a day accumulating points.

The same goes for the scoring system.

Perk Points do not equal Good Pilots. They give you a chance to fly more planes.

Ranger Bob

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
Perks!?
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2002, 02:22:25 PM »
Nope i dont think that only "We" think that way.
Freeze

Offline Tub-o-lard

• Zinc Member
Perks!?
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2002, 06:15:56 PM »
If you are on the winning side when the map resets, how many extra points do you get?

Also, I read that you have to be on the winning side 12 hours before the reset. Does this mean you have to be online in that 12 hour period or just that you have to be a member of the side that won?