Author Topic: the fog of war  (Read 458 times)

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
the fog of war
« on: July 30, 2001, 11:07:00 AM »
is missing from AH

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
the fog of war
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2001, 11:10:00 AM »
sniffing Glue again?
-SW

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
the fog of war
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »
it is included in aces high...

you just have to shoot it from a panzer  :D

hehe but not really

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
the fog of war
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »
If your contries Dar is down and all the local Dars within 3 sectors are down, it gets pretty foggy.  Just about then is when you see the 3 dots high above your 25k perch turn out to be red 190s that things suddenly become crystal clear.

Y   :eek:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
the fog of war
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
U need to attend more of the smaller and lower alt but otherwise historical "melees" (furballs) we have.

But I agree... we need bigger and more melees in AH if we want to duplicate the fog of war.  not sure I want to duplicate the war tho just the ac action part.
lazs

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
the fog of war
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2001, 04:13:00 PM »
This should be called 'the fog of thread'.

Offline duffus

• Zinc Member
      • http://explorer
the fog of war
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2001, 05:22:00 PM »
Fog of war......TWO weeks.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
the fog of war
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2001, 11:05:00 PM »
Why do people want to see AH changed into a  sim that couples WWII aircraft with WWI ground control?  It's a mystery to me.

Hooligan

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: Hooligan ]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
the fog of war
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2001, 05:35:00 AM »
In furballs, the best way to experience the fog of war is to fly a relatively slow plane that doesn't turn as well as other planes of roughly the same speed.

I.e 109f4 or g2. And no full speed passes blow through, but rather stick in there and rumble.

Keeping SA up is hard enough, doing something about that Spit/N1K that appears on yer six something totally different, since break turns don't work  :)

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
the fog of war
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2001, 06:04:00 AM »
hehe seems santa like sadomaso  :)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
the fog of war
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2001, 08:11:00 AM »
yeah santa... with it's blinding acceleration and climb and "turn on a dime ability"... Us dhog furballers have it a lot easier than you poor lw.  Still... nothing like a melee to duplicate all the fites i've read about.

some people can't play realisticly (historicaly)and furball like the rest of us tho so they need to figure out ways that patience and stealth become more important than skill.
lazs

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
the fog of war
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
"some people can't play realisticly (historicaly)and furball like the rest of us tho so they need to figure out ways that patience and stealth become more important than skill."
lazs

Well Laz...it is now a confirmed truth...you're full of it  :)

What a ridiculous statement...true fighter tactics had nothing to do with engaging blindly and just turning for the thrill of it.

Sadly, I realize that your reply will be just as silly, so I'll just sit quietly and not respond further....unless of course your next reply is as silly as your first one was  :)

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Rude ]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
the fog of war
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »
Ahh.. c'mon Rude, mebbe he'll get a furaballers conspiracy goin... then if three of em show up; it'll be a movement... my god; if they get 10 fellers to sign on to Laz's Historical Furball Society it'll be a lobby... and it'll surpass the LW in ability to influence the game.

How can that be a bad thing??  

:D
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
the fog of war
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2001, 08:58:00 AM »
well.... I will try not to dissapoint...what i have seen called "furballs" in AH are... any fite that has more than 2 or so planes in it.   certainly a fite with eight planes is considered a furball and any with 10 or more is considered a HUGE furball.  ac tactics asside (they came into play very seldom or in the most rudimentary ways in WWII)... fites in WWII were of the 4 to 200 plane variety.  The WWII pilots were mindless furballers by dint of simply flying in finger fours against other squads...   The "fog of war" and the "i never even seen him" were because of the melees (furballs) not.... in spite of em.

Now of course, if you guys can show me where flying lone wolf hunter was a common WWII tactic...or that even 1 vs 1 fites were more common than "furballs"...

ironicly... the furballers in AH, who care not at all (in general) about "recreating"  WWII air combat, are the ones who are most doing so.  The "fog of war" they create is exactly the same as the real "fog of war" (and just as exciting in a virtual way).   The lone wolf and "realism" crowd would rather recreate a "fog of war" that never existed or did so in microcosm with maybe a plane now and then being seperated from the melee for whatever reason.

if you make claim to flying realisticly or "historicly" in AH then.... Unless you are a furballer you are a pretentious, devious blowhard who is..... wrong.
lazs

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
the fog of war
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2001, 10:25:00 AM »
"Sadly, I realize that your reply will be just as silly, so I'll just sit quietly and not respond
                     further....unless of course your next reply is as silly as your first one was"

LOL... now that is what i call an interesting statement.  it pretty much sums up the "realism" crowds thinking pattern..  contradictory and nonsensicial.
lazs