Author Topic: Be careful if you........  (Read 179 times)

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
Be careful if you........
« on: April 17, 2000, 10:09:00 PM »
...mix and match any external's like different brands of joysticks, rudders, ect.  I learned the hard way today.

The bad news:  I have had a hellova time flat turning slow without going nose over since I came to AH a few months ago.  I just figured it was the flight model, (when all else fails, blame Pyro, heh),  anyway..I could not get my ch gear (rudders, throttle, and flighstick pro) to be recognized under win98 anymore, so I went out and bought a Saitec DIGITAL stick and plugged it into my ANALOG CH rudders.  Everthing seemed to work fine, until "DMF" told me last night to never mix the two....hmm.  So today, I am going over my calibrations, when I get to the rudder.  I must have looked at this a thousand times over the last 2 months, but for some reason today I noticed that my rudder would shoot over to each side once I reached a certain level of compression on the pedals.  IN OTHER WORDS, I HAVE BEEN FLYING WITH "ALL OR NO" RUDDER WITH A NICE BIG FAT "SPIKE" TO GET ME TO 100% OR 0%.  Doh, doh, and double doh doh!

The Good news:  Just for kicks I plugged in my chthrottle, fspro, and rudders together again to see if win98 picked them up.  It didn't, but it did say my saitec stuff was plugged in.  Hmmmm, bizzare.  I wondered if I could use the saitec calibrations program that win98 was mistaking for my ch gear, and run all my ch gear off it's program?  The answer was a resounding yes, and for the first time since I started flying I actually dont have the "bouncies" whenever I try to line up shots, and also for the first time, tonight I feathered my rudder around some turns.  Ummmmmm whoohoo! It's like a whole new game...*cough* SIM!    I write all this just to give others the heads up that if they mix and match....CHECK YOUR CALIBRATIONS!  Cya up, Ive got some training to do  

JASE->  "To Everythng Turn...Turn...Turn.."

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Be careful if you........
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2000, 07:59:00 AM »
That's good news Jase!  

*not for the folks flying AGAINST this guy!  

BTW, the MX300 soundcard port puts out about 3.5 volts, CH gear needs 5 volts. Not sure what soundcard you have but this tidbit (from CH themselves) just popped into my head as I read your post.

-Westy