Author Topic: Idea  (Read 274 times)

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Idea
« on: July 30, 2001, 03:33:00 PM »
Ok I don't know if this has been said many times before, but here it goes:

How about...

Give the people who fly bombers or drive GVs the opportunity to also man acks or guns on the way to their target... that could very well lead to:

- NO AI AA, as there would be plenty of people to man them
- MORE REALISTIC BOMBING, since while you fly all the way to your target you can be also manning a fleet or field ack, coastal gun... so if you miss your target... oh well, at least you made the most of your time. It may as well result on more carpet bombing sorties(pleeeeeeeeeeaase)

- GVs FOR SOMETHING MORE THAN SNEAK ATTACKS, since you can do something else while your panzer decides if it can or cannot climb that frigging hill.

There could be a 10 second delay (or more) for each transition (bomber/gv->ack/gun and back)

Now... what do you think?

Daniel, aka Cyrano

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2001, 06:42:00 PM »
<punt>

I don't agree with Cyrano's idea, but somebody at least comment on it! heh, this was about to fall to the 2nd page. Anybody dig this idea?

:)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Idea
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2001, 07:10:00 PM »
To be blunt- no.  It may or may not result in more bomber sorties (which I doubt it would), but it would really only lead to one of two things.  A- more buffs flying at 30k while they do dumb things in AH instead of AFK, or B. more buffs flying (and dying) whilst gunning or driving GVs or whatever else.  They'd be meat because dispite the strong defensive guns, buffs aren't to much tougher than the ordinary fighter.