Author Topic: DO SOMETHING ABOUT LAG!!  (Read 258 times)

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
      • http://flanker2.8m.net
DO SOMETHING ABOUT LAG!!
« on: September 16, 2001, 04:16:00 PM »
Whenever there's around 200 people in the MA it get's very laggy. I've already discoed 7 times this month which i hope (since i don't know if it does or not) doesn't affect your rank.  I mean i enjoy this game a lot but when it get's very laggy i begin to question my $15 investment, i know you guys are working hard but please try to do something about this lag.

BTW, Great Sim HTC!!!  :)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
DO SOMETHING ABOUT LAG!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2001, 04:30:00 PM »
I just logged off, didnt see any lag at all.
Havent had any problem at all with lag for a little while now.

I think you should first check your end, like your ISP.  Do a ping check, trace route, etc.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
DO SOMETHING ABOUT LAG!!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
Soviet,..the current events that occurred this week have made the Internet pretty packed.
Locally, we are doing some things that should help the situation, but it will take a bit more time (week or so I suspect) before they are fully realized.
I cannot do much about the current height of activity the Internet is undergoing right now.  Many, many people from all over the world are hitting the Internet like never before.  Looking for news of what is going on.

BTW, when you talk about discos, are you losing you Internet connection or just the game connection?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
DO SOMETHING ABOUT LAG!!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2001, 04:37:00 PM »
Oh Soviet, I just noticed you are in New York.  With the turmoil from the recent destruction, I would expect New York not to be a good place for Internet right now.
That is pretty much where the center of activity on the Internet is occurring.  I know some ISP's were directly effected by the power outage in New York, and they may be offloading connections to others.
This leads to more saturation of connections, but still allows connections.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
      • http://flanker2.8m.net
DO SOMETHING ABOUT LAG!!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2001, 04:52:00 PM »
Ok, thanks for the help, sorry if i sounded a little Hostile.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
DO SOMETHING ABOUT LAG!!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2001, 11:10:00 PM »
"A week or so"... 1.08 Skuzzy!!? +)

Hehe errm I've been disco'd 2x in the last month... With the exception of some short very warpy periods the arena has been great IMO.

SKurj