Author Topic: Second time I log off really DISGUSTED :(  (Read 1536 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Second time I log off really DISGUSTED :(
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2001, 08:47:00 AM »
I need to bookmark this thread....its a "Who's who" of whiners!  The only thing that could make it better is if Tac or Urchin would throw in a N1K whine.

:rolleyes:

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by sling322:
this thread its a "Who's who" of whiners!

Better, a "Who's who" of whiners and cheerleaders as well  :D
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2001, 09:09:00 AM »
Ban the Niki

This is called chumming

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
Well bomber guys, you heard the bomber's side of the story.  Still going to defend him?

Sounds like Pepe was setting up proper passes, not climbing up his six.  His major complaint, as it is of most fighters, is the bombers "turn fighting".  You know something is wrong when a bomber is anxious to mix it up with a fighter because he knows most of the time he'll win.

Ignore bombers!   :)

bowser

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
Oh yeah...I'm a cheerleader.....goooooo team!!

:rolleyes:

Offline Awake

• Zinc Member
      • http://N/A
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
Hmmm...my 17 was on auto pilot level during the whole fight...and I was watching from an outside view...my gunner does'nt like it when I make turns when he's shooting  :(  All in all remember Its Just A Game!  ;) next time I'll let you shoot me down...I don't mind  :rolleyes: <S>

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2001, 10:03:00 AM »
Pepe, poor pilot,

I am afraid that you became one of the many victims of... the bandit...

See, this guy Bandit, being a squaddie of mine, has this serious habit of hitting every bloody bullet he fires from a B17. It wouldn't have mattered if Awake had made inverted loops, Bandit would have gunned you down drinking a beer and having a smoke. It's got nothing to do with you. Or buffs.

Peace   :D

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2001, 10:08:00 AM »
Sigh

Same people, same old whines.  Laz gets weepy if anyone bombs his base.  God forbid those strat guys roll over his bases...

Bombers overmodeled....right.  Perhaps the B-17, but the others?  

Its just nice to know who the crybabies are.  Some of you fighter guys have earned your kills and do so with class.  Some of you find fault in everything except yourself.

Tac's been knocking my buffs out of the air all week, as has Wotan.  I think I put a few dings in them in the process (but they'll never tell!).  I enjoy the buff rides, and the fighter rides.  But you do not see me calling for the banishment of the aircraft that shoot me down, do we?

Congratulations, Pepe, you might have just nudged Lazs off the top of the whiner list.   :)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »
face it lepaul (like le car?)..... buffs are tits on a boar in this game..  the only way you no talent lameos can get the attention you are starved for is if HTC gives you huge concessions in gameplay, flight model and gunnery/bomb accuracy..  

Of course, once you have gotten all these concessions...  You stand out like a sore thumb... you want all the attention that ruining the game for other players gives you but you don't want the animosity that the unfair advantages gets you.  do you really expect people to be happy about it?

And that,regardless of what your mom says.... is why no one likes you.   You just aren't any fun to play with.
lazs

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
Looks like this is a big debate over keep buffs or remove them. Personally I think that anyone who wants buffs removed isn't skilled enough to take them down. Yes they are a bit messed up for now, but it will get fixed. And besides, this can't be called a WWII game or sim without bombers. You think it's gamey now? If we remove bombers and GV's just so the Golly-geened fighter jocks can furball all they want, this game will go to toejam. And if you think I am wrong, we'll see. I know for a fact that no one will go for the new strat items, like convoys and trains because they will be too busy furballing.

I am not telling anyone how to have fun or how someone should spend their $30, I am just putting an opinion in the big debate....

Oh, and Lazs. It appears to me that the bombers seem to only be ruining the fun of the fighter guys. What about the strat guys? Those who like hitting strategic targets and crippling the enemy? Your whine isn't valid, because you have pushed and pushed to get buffs removed so you can furball to your hearts content. Again, I am not telling you how to have fun, but leave us bomber pilots alone....

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: texace ]

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
texace... couple of points...  AH is $15 not 30.

And...I am sure that when convoys and trains are added that the fighter guys will enjoy straffing them..  You are not seriously suggesting that 17's and lanc's should be able to hit trains and convoys are u?   Well... maybe you are... you seem to think it is fine that they hit ships and hangers and even gun emplacements.

And.....I would love to simply ignore buffs... many many people do but... They won't ignore the gameplay of the fighters.   What could be more silly than buffs affecting the fighter war?   That's what we have and it is the cause of the animosity.
lazs

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2001, 11:44:00 AM »
my best sortie against buffs was 7 b17s in a g10......

I kill buffs ...I do it hi lo ded 6 2
o'clock dont frikken matter........

They get lucky and kill me sometimes too but I get the better of umm most times.

I've seen lancs split esse i was almost out scissored by a b17 at 28k. the f3 rudder crap is just bs.

Anyone who has gone up against et in his 26 knows what Im talking about. While I have fun stalking him out it still is dumb.
(no offense et you still the toughest 26 pilot I've seen )

Buffs should have to drop thier whole load. No external zoom in out mode. You wanna check for bandits goto each gunner position. No guns firing thro the plane to hit ya. A different gunsite that requires you fly level (wbs? dunno but something like it). No carbombers. Strenghten all structures cvs buildings hanger etc......

If not get rid of ymm.......

the fact is they are dweeby as hell thier impact far out ways any benefit. Any fighter can do what a buff does. except level hq with 1 flight...... aint that KeWl......

buffs suk...........

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
What could be more silly than buffs affecting the fighter war?   That's what we have and it is the cause of the animosity.
lazs

Silly? Actually its just what happened 60 years ago.
IMO "goal" in MA is to grab enemy bases so you can win the reset. Best way to take a base is bomb all hangars down.
Maybe HTC could put up a furball-arena with three bases ,equipped only with fighters, close each other with indestructable hangars and no ack to hug.
That way furballers could have their pot of honey without annoying bombers  :)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »
Wotan you are the dweebiest buff pilot I have ever encountered. It is the hight of hipocrosy for you to be posting compaints about buffs.
(manuver killed by wotan in a ju88) sigh.

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2001, 12:53:00 PM »
WOTAN:no offense taken.I try to do the best I can with what the game gives me to do it with.I enjoy our meetings,win or lose.This thread started off with a reasonable complaint and has gone down hill from there.Buff drivers have now been called and I quote "attention starved,no talent buff dweebs" "gamers" and "no talent lameos".This by someone who does not post under his flying handle.Niki pilots get the same treatment.From what I read you are a certified "dweeb" if you go up to 30K.If you turn to avoid attack,if you take out hangers and fuel to help your country.if you spoil certain fighter pilots fun.This irks me a bit.Not every pilot in here wants to be a furballing hero,some jump into buffs to get something done to help their country in certain situations.A buff may kill a base and "spoil the furballers fun" but I doubt if the guys on their side mind it.In WW2,more than half the planes produced were bombers and in AH,more than 90% of the planes that up are fighters.Thats realism.The CA is more a furball arena than a place for bombers and I wonder why the dedicated furballers are not spending more time in there instead of the MA which seems to be more strategic in so far as you capture bases and win reset.As far as carpet bombing,there is no way,given the numbers to up a 500-1000 plane bomber flight so I think the bombing set up works good.Also,dropping a 500 lb bomb any where near a fuel tank or ammo bunker will pretty much take it out.As far as the name calling goes,I wish some people would think a little bit more before they do it.But then,it is very easy to hide behind a keyboard.