Author Topic: Taking clips  (Read 451 times)

Offline SkechCAF

• Zinc Member
Taking clips
« on: March 26, 2002, 12:21:24 AM »
Alright... I have dinked with this viewer and have not been able to get anything clipped from it, recorded out of the game itself or anything!:mad:   I would like to do a video before I leave for basic in about a month and a half, butI can't get anything to work.  So if someone that has done a video with sound/music could you please tell me what to do.  I have read through these post and seen nothing really that has helped.  I have dlded another video thing but can't get that to work either.  SOme help please... thanks guys! (and gals)

Offline Obear1971

• Copper Member
Taking clips
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 08:03:29 AM »
OK im not sure if im doing it right but i can get snipped bits into AVI files

Ok its a bit weird but this is what i do, somone correct me if im going about this bellybutton about face.

First selects a film file and open it

Start playing it and when you reach a part of the film you want to slect hit the strat selects button, when you got the clip you want hit end select.

Now press copy select itll bring up a open dialog box make a not of what the file is called and hit ok

Go back to main viewr and go to the open file as tho you are going to select another film to view, in there should be the file name of the selected part you made, click on that and your selected part of the film should be in the main viewer.

to record it to AVI click the Avi button, ittl ask you questions about file name were to save and compresion type and quality, one thats done the film viewer starts to play, this is RECORDING your film to AVI, change views and pan about as you want your film to look whilst it is recording.

At the end CLOSE AH EDITOR before takeing a look at your created AVI file, i have found keeping AH Viewer open makes the AVI playback jerky.

Now just double clcik the AVI you made and watch it play.

Like i said this all seem sa little quierky, maybey im doing this a long bellybutton way but ti works for me, could do wiith a few instructions.

Hope this helps