Author Topic: Last Night in MA  (Read 242 times)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Last Night in MA
« on: July 31, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
Question for general consumption.
Last night between 2230hrs and 230hr cst a few of us Rooks were defending A62 from the bish hoard, (Thanks to RZ, Froder, killjoy that came and bailed me out, cause I wasnt quiting)  My question specifically is for the bish flyers from the CV that night.  I was firing from shore battery last night and had a direct hit on the carrier.  At the same time it appeared that 1 or 2 a/c were taking off at the same time and it appeared that I also took out those a/c with that shell.  I just wondered if that is what happened or was I seeing damage from the shell.  It was hard to tell because even with the zoom details were hard to come by.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Last Night in MA
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2001, 01:55:00 PM »
I didn't see anything Airscrew, you shoulda got credited kills if they blew up.

You guys did a good job on defense<S>

Sax

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Last Night in MA
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
Thanks,  RZ and the other guys did most of the work,  I only got a couple planes.  My biggest accomplishment that night was taking out the carrier.  I dropped 2 1k's 1 500, 6 rockets and a P47 on the carrier.  I'm not totally sure I sunk the carrier because I was in the P47 when I dropped it on the carrier. (cv ack sucks), but I did see a message "Ship Destroyed" and when I went back out the carrier was gone.  Do the carriers actually sink or do they just disappear off the water?

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Last Night in MA
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
they sink to a watery grave.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
Last Night in MA
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2001, 06:46:00 PM »
AirScrew if you saw the "ship destroyed" message then you got the CV.They sink but then re-spawn at their port.Unless you capture the port before you sink it,then it's your country's CV.

You did the most important job last night by taking out the CV.If you hadn't,they could have overwhelmed us if they had wanted to pay the price.   :D WTG!

Frodo

Lt. Ralph "KIDD" Hofer

(Teamwork is essential....it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.)

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.