Author Topic: La7 Pilots  (Read 604 times)

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
La7 Pilots
« on: July 31, 2001, 02:33:00 PM »
...have become the new poster child for "runstangs".  And that's all I'm going to say about that   ;)

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
hmm? you mean they run more than mustangs now? .. err I mean extend?  :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2001, 02:41:00 PM »
"Anytime you can engage, and disengage the enemy at will, you have won half the battle..."

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
How about the Tempest?- pretty darn fast bugger too.  109G-10 also.  Can't forget that plane either.  If you bring up the La-7, I think you should bring those other birds up too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a P-51 driver.  I agree with Ripsnort's quote.
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2001, 02:55:00 PM »
...have become the new poster child for "runstangs". And that's all I'm going to say about that    

And let me guess what you are flying.. this is just a wild guess here SpitLead.. are you flying the SPITFIRE??? or maybe the N1K2, A6M?

And you expect LA7 to turnfight you.
I fly the LA7 and when I see a spitfire, I only smile and kill them. I will use my superior acceleration and speed to kill them, but I will not try to turn with them.

If you think I am a coward, you have not have the misfortune to fight me in the Main Arena.

But I dont speak for all LA7 pilots.. I speak for myself.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2001, 03:01:00 PM »
...have become the new poster child for "runstangs". And that's all I'm going to say about that    

I agree wholeheartedly.

How about the Tempest?- pretty darn fast bugger too. 109G-10 also. Can't forget that plane either. If you bring up the La-7, I think you should bring those other birds up too.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a P-51 driver. I agree with Ripsnort's quote.

Tempest is a 70 point perk plane, you are damn right they should run if they get in trouble.  Maybe you mean the Typhoon?  La-7 will run a Tiffie down on the deck.  P-51?  190D9? 109G10?  Same story.

I'd say the 109G10 is probably the 7th or 8th fastest plane on the deck, I could be wrong though.

And animal, I don't doubt what you are saying about being an "aggressive" la7 pilot, but most of them are wimps.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2001, 05:09:00 PM »
Why must people incessantly whine about how other people choose to fly?  If you don't like how they fight, don't fight them.  It's pretty easy not to engage an enemy if he's running away from you, so let him run and find a better fight.  Give 'em a little light-hearted toejam over channel one if ya want, but fer cryin' out loud, umm...quit cryin' out loud!   :D

Of course, I love running into LA7s in my P51, especially since they mostly want to turn with me.  Then, they die.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2001, 05:35:00 PM »
I never believed in aerial jousting.  It's so ahistorical.  If I have the advantage, in either aircraft, energy, or both, I will attack.  If I am cornered, I will attack.  If a comrade is in need of help, and I have a good percentage of escaping possible probems, I will attack.  If 'the field is level', I may attack, I may not.  Any other situation, I will extend.  I fly a La-7, but that has nothing to do with the principles I fly by.
ingame: Raz

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2001, 06:52:00 AM »
Why do people think you can only "run" on "the deck" ?

You know it is possible to extend from a fight at something other than 100 ft ASL.

I think its just "engine" envy myself  :p

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
La7 Pilots
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
I fly a Dora HunStang just so I can run.
Once in a while to extend too.

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2001, 09:59:00 AM »
My style of flying is BnZ.  Maybe I should start berating all those who choose to TnB as dweebs with no flying skill.  Seems to be the thing to do.  ;)

Fly each plane to their strengths and expect that everyone else is going to do the same.

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2001, 10:33:00 PM »
My comment though tongue in cheek still had a thread of truth.  

Ripsnort, you are right on. I have no problem with a guy disengaging if he's able to.  I do the same thing when I can.

Animal, if you check my last tour stats I have an equal number of kills in TnB planes as do BnZ planes (213 vs 207) so I know how to fly both ways.  I don't JUST fly Spits. I don't expect an La7 to turn fight with me if I'm in a Spitfire (if they're smart).  I don't expect anybody to fly to their planes weaknesses.  I have a firm grasp on ACM. What I DO expect is for them to stay somewhat in the combat arena and not go flying off to the next sector to turn around.

I fly mostly at night, 11:00 pm to 2:00 am when there are few guys online (I've seen as few as 14). The problem is it seems the guys flying the La7 I run into either "extend" way beyond the point necessary to re-enter the fight or they run away altogether.  That gets frustrating when the only target around keeps running away to d4.0 or d5.0 and beyond.  I just disengage and ignore the guy cause I have better things to do than chase him down. However, when I do have the guy running away I've won the tactical battle of the fight.  And who knows, a little taunting sometimes brings'em back for another go at it
  :D

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: SpitLead ]

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
La7 Pilots
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2001, 04:23:00 AM »
And who knows, a little taunting sometimes brings'em back for another go at it...

And flying in the MA is a much richer experience because of this kind of behaviour.

Professional wobbly-merchants who fill channel 1 with crap if someone doesn't happen to play the game their way. I hope you're not one of them.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2001, 04:57:00 AM »
like a wild rabbit they always run in long circles. just wait and climb and then u get them   :D
hahhaha
btw im a loving fu4c dweeb and like it  :)

airguard

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: air_guard ]

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2001, 09:14:00 AM »
I somtimes notice that occassionally the sky seems to be filled with La-7's.  When this happens I notice that the sky, at the same time, often fills with N1K2's.  

Most often for low level base attack repulsion.

The La-7 / N1K2 fighty combo is a dangerous one and a very frustrating nut to crack.

Players fly successful planes for a good reasons.