Author Topic: La7 Pilots  (Read 606 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
La7 Pilots
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
"Anytime you can engage, and disengage the enemy at will, you have won half the battle..."

And in an arena where one obtains the ability to disengage merely by flying one of the late war aircraft against early war aircraft, a victory obtained in that manner is like slam dunking over a first-grader...

But if some pilots want to succeed at this game so badly that they need to use a crutch like that, I guess it's a sound business practice to give them one so they keep paying $30/month.

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »
Hehehe Funked, well said, and I support your case for RPS, or something that divides these hybrids from the ones that can't compete.  We still use the F4U on squad night, but hell, its an underdog against the P51D, B's, LA7's etc etc.

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
I find the La7 to be one of the tightest turners of the E planes.....Pony G-10 ect.  I don't fly it much because it does get squirrly on the edge while stall turning.  Also it doesn't seem to wingover as well as the g-10.  These are all personal observations which may vary from pilot to pilot.  I don't think anyone should be put down for flying one though.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup:

And in an arena where one obtains the ability to disengage merely by flying one of the late war aircraft against early war aircraft, a victory obtained in that manner is like slam dunking over a first-grader...

Yes, to which I say after the slam-dunk...

“In your face babykins!”  Then do the “I just stuffed one on you” funky chicken dance!  :D

Now where the hell did I put my crutch?

Zippatuh

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
La7 Pilots
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
A sure fire way to get more people to fly a plane is to come here and complain about how uber it is... or how hard it is to catch... or how many of them you see.

There are other alternatives to squeaking about a plane's use or uberness.  Its time more people started exploring them.

AKDejaVu

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
A sure fire way to get more people to fly a plane is to come here and complain about how uber it is... or how hard it is to catch... or how many of them you see.

There are other alternatives to squeaking about a plane's use or uberness.  Its time more people started exploring them.

AKDejaVu

Actually, I can't kill C202s!!  they are so uber that I never even see them coming (err, at all I mean!)  They just kill me over and over again.  They should be 50 point perks at least!!!   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
La7 Pilots
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
The La7's are damn good planes, fast down low and seem to take a lotta damage before breaking apart with hits.

When I'm frustrated with bufsquealing, and not out blowing my few fighter perks with Urchin out in the Ta-152/U-2, I like the La-7.  Low ammo but wow, what a ride.  I find its kinda out of its league above 10k with most of you Aces.  The biggest thing that gets me killed in it is the ease in which you can g-out.  

I dunno, the P-51 guys who run away and the N1Ky drivers who go for head ons still rank up there on my list of most frustrating.  The top item on that list being the fact in a bomber crew, pilot wounded blacks out ALL the crew members.  <sigh>