Author Topic: The reVamped score page  (Read 284 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
The reVamped score page
« on: March 28, 2002, 05:31:38 PM »
LOVE IT!  It is kinda nice to be able to see how you stack up against everyone in each individual category.  Great job on that!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2002, 06:57:49 PM by Urchin »

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
The recamped score page
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2002, 05:32:15 PM »
Recamped?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline kraquen

• Zinc Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2002, 05:57:57 PM »
revamped....

for each stat (ie gun accuracy, k/d ratio, k/s ratio) they give a rank.. very nice..

I'd love to see some multi-tour trending graphs...

I'm a DB developer, does anyone know if hitech's stat db is open to the public?

ka

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
The recamped score page
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2002, 06:10:19 PM »
Definately a nice addition.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
The recamped score page
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2002, 08:30:42 PM »
LOL, now is even more clear that ranks are hilarious.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2002, 08:37:01 PM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
LOL, now is even more clear that ranks are hilarious.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48905

Its the only way to get into the top spot.

AKDejaVu

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2002, 09:00:01 PM »
Hilareous my ass!  

I've got the #1 hit percentage for CT tour #4 baby!  So's I must be a mean mother in there. :)

It's all about the ranking!

D

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
The recamped score page
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2002, 09:04:20 PM »
What is the relation between base catures and fighter rank?? If you look at the ranks you wont stop laughting in an hour.

Yep, HTC may improve the page, even adding flowers and some 80's popular song, but calculations were and are wrong.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2002, 09:26:04 PM »
The top few are the "not in the system" scores.  The guys with some serious flight time, worse individual rankings and still all holding top spots have a base capture under their fighter stats.  If you don't.. you can take all your scores and then add the "tied for xxxx" that not having a base capture would get you .

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2002, 09:27:58 PM »
BTW.. there is a bug with the rankings page.  It comes up listing CT Tour 4 stats... though it says Tour 26.  Click on "Get Ranks" again to get a proper Tour 26 list.

AKDejaVu

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2002, 10:31:29 PM »
I think you should  look again at the pilot score page theres no way to score a field capture in the  fight rank. There are only 5 categories that make fighter rank. Field capture aint one of them. The fighter score is on the top right vrs enemies.

Under that is buffs. Buff rank is made up from the 5 categories vrs objs and field capture is included.

The attack rank center column is made up of 10 categories 5 vrs enemy 5 vrs obj. Field capture is one of the categories. I had thought you may have meant the attack category until I checked the top 5 in attack 3 had 1 field capture recorded in the attack category. 1 hardly equated to score whoring. Who are these guys at the top fighter or attack ranks that use field capture in that fashion. 1 capture in attack could eassily be explained. The guy could of augered been killed or .efluffied and grabbed a jabo to go take care of a ground threat.

Either way you are quite wrong to claim

The top few are the "not in the system" scores. The guys with some serious flight time, worse individual rankings and still all holding top spots have a base capture under their fighter stats. If you don't.. you can take all your scores and then add the "tied for xxxx" that not having a base capture would get you .

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2002, 10:50:11 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
I think you should  look again at the pilot score page theres no way to score a field capture in the  fight rank. There are only 5 categories that make fighter rank. Field capture aint one of them. The fighter score is on the top right vrs enemies.

as much as i hate to point this out.... :rolleyes:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48905

read slowly.

read again.

:)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2002, 11:15:43 PM »
theres no where to put a field capture under fighter score look at the image above. where does the field capture go in fighter rank?

If you release troops and exit before a capture, then replane in a fighter on a fighter mission, you will receive credit for the capture as a fighter on a fighter mission.

This statistic IS tracked under the fighter rankings. Seems it shouldn't be too difficult to have that excluded.

it is not tracked under fighter rankings the only place this would work is under attack ranks......

Air Categories
Kills per Death
Kills per Sortie
Kills per Time
Hit percentage
Air points

thats all that matter for fighter rank theres no "field capture" categor to "track".

In attack

Air Categories
Kills per Death
Kills per Sortie
Kills per Time
Hit percentage
Air points
Ground Categories
Damage per Death
Damage per Sortie
Bombing percentage
Ground points
Field captures

Field captures count and are tracked. So if you exit the goon after the troops are out up a fighter in attack mode it will score in attack.

The question then becomes who is the folks working this bug to advance their attack rank.

If you exit a goon then up a fighter in fighter mode there is no place in the 5 fighter rank categories to score it. So theres no one with a high fighter rank that got it by using this bug.

Unless you know where or how else it would be scored.

Thers all sorts of score bugs you can up an m16 at a vbase hanger turn around and unload you ammo into your own hanger and your gv hit percentage vrs enemies goes way up. Same with up a mossie in attack then turning its guns on its own hanger and unloading.

in fighters to determine your rank simply add the your rank in each of the 5 air cartegories (vrs enemy) together and if the total is the lowest you rank 1 st if its the highest you rank last. Thats it no field capture included.

in attack add the 10 categories (including the field capture category).

in buffs add just the 5 ground (vrs objects) catagories together

and gvs add the 10 air and ground (vrs enemy and ground)

I dunno what lightbuld you are looking for but thats how it works

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2002, 11:24:02 PM »
clearly the fighter ranks are screwed up from a quick look at the top 10.

are you saying that the 5 ground (vrs obj)  are factored in to fighter rank but are not shown on the score page?

if so how do you know that its field capture and not any of the other ground (vrs obj) categories that are skewing the ranks.

tomorrow I will a controled test. I and 1 at a time cycle through the 5 ground (vrs object) categories.

I will kill a structure in figher mode and wait a bit and check rank record it then do the exit goon grab fighter and then wait a bit and recheck rank.

Unless someone has already done this. If so please post results to save some time.

That would equate to proof. I mean for all we know there could be any number of problems related to rank.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2002, 11:34:18 PM by Wotan »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2002, 11:32:37 PM »
dunno how deja reached the conclusion, i just noticed his phrase, "**invisible** fighter captures rears it ugly head" and since he's THE stat weenie, i'll go with his assessment on this issue.  :eek:  :D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.