Author Topic: HTC did you boot me ?  (Read 960 times)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2002, 08:55:08 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
Sigh... its an upgrade shane.  That mean it patches existing files... it doesn't create them.  If AHFilm is missing... its because he didn't install 1.09.

Pretty fricking simple for most to comprehend.  Much more difficult for others.

AKDejaVu

sigh, he knows the location of the ahfilm.exe "it's in your main directory" , now since ahfilm.exe is brand new for 1.09,  how would he know that (as an apparently newbie) unless he already has 1.09 but something went wrong and he can't get patch 2 for whatever reason because his existing ahfilm.exe is corrupted, ergo, ahfilm1091.exe resolves that without having to download the WHOLE thing again.

patch 2 is an upgrade, ahfilm1091.exe was a mini-patch breakout to correct corrupted ahfilm.exes that occurred during 1.09.1 - now i'd bet that shaun didn't realize his ahfilm.exe was corrupted (probably hasn't even tried to use ahfilm.exe, yet), and in the process of trying to d/l patch 2 he hit that error.

did you even read pyro's post in NEWS? is it so hard to put 2 and 2 together and get 4?

you're fun to play with.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2002, 09:06:11 PM »
Awsome!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2002, 09:17:37 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

sigh, he knows the location of the ahfilm.exe "it's in your main directory" , now since ahfilm.exe is brand new for 1.09,  how would he know that (as an apparently newbie) unless he already has 1.09 but something went wrong and he can't get patch 2 for whatever reason because his existing ahfilm.exe is corrupted, ergo, ahfilm1091.exe resolves that without having to download the WHOLE thing again.

patch 2 is an upgrade, ahfilm1091.exe was a mini-patch breakout to correct corrupted ahfilm.exes that occurred during 1.09.1 - now i'd bet that shaun didn't realize his ahfilm.exe was corrupted (probably hasn't even tried to use ahfilm.exe, yet), and in the process of trying to d/l patch 2 he hit that error.

did you even read pyro's post in NEWS? is it so hard to put 2 and 2 together and get 4?

you're fun to play with.
LOL! Did you make that all up on your own?

Shaun didn't have ahfilm.exe installed at all.  He didn't have it in his directory, nor in his start menu.  He didn't have 1.09 installed.. or it was screwed up in wich case it needs to be re-installed.

Get as elaborate with explanations as you'd like.  Its ironic that two people are ignoring the simple fix to actually get much more elaborate.

Now when he gets a checksum error.. he can ask for the next file in the patch.  Actually.. maybe HTC could just post each and every 1.09 specific file so that he could download them one at a time.. try it.. then download the next... try it.. then download the next... until eventually it worked.  All the time coming here and asking for an answer to his next problem... all the time ignoring even tech support's advice on what to do next.

Yep... he has you routing him on.

AKDejaVu

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2002, 09:19:08 PM »
Originally posted by Fatty
Awsome!

errrmmm....i think you mean Awesome!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2002, 09:23:16 PM »
By the way shane.. you may want to take a minute to read Pyro's post yourself.  Actually read it.  Read the part about it PATCHING AHFILM.EXE... about it not WORKING after the patch.  It was always there  (post 1.09).. they just broke it with early patch 2.

Now.. come up with a way that only ahfilm.exe might be missing from both the start menu and his c drive.  Only that file... with no other issues with the entire 1.09 install.

Please... the ignorant masses await your inspiration.

AKDejaVu

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2002, 09:27:27 PM »
this thread is l33t!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2002, 09:35:54 PM »
Ok, who wins the title of Mr. Poopypants for this thread?  Deja or Shane? :D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2002, 09:38:12 PM »
By the way shane.. you may want to take a minute to read Pyro's post yourself.  Actually read it.  Read the part about it PATCHING AHFILM.EXE... about it not WORKING after the patch.  It was always there  (post 1.09).. they just broke it with early patch 2.

Now.. come up with a way that only ahfilm.exe might be missing from both the start menu and his c drive.  Only that file... with no other issues with the entire 1.09 install.

Please... the ignorant masses await your inspiration.

AKDejaVu

wow patch 2 came out on march 15th? that's certainly news to me. but this mis-statement is a mere trifling.

you'd never know ahfilm.exe was broken until you tried to run a film, and in the absence of doing so, you'd hit an error msg when you tried to run patch 2, having successfully played off or online regardless of whether the file was corrupt or not.

he said he needed it because patch 2 "could not find ahfilm.exe", yet he knows it's located in the AH root directory.  

here's what shaun said, "tried installing patch 2 and it said that cant find ahfilm.exe .  If you have the file just send it to me thanks"

sounds like a typical corrupted file msg to me. if he were missing 1.09.1 in toto, or had a corrupted 1.09.1 d/l then it's very unlikely this would be the first msg or only he'd encounter when trying to run patch 2.

is this really all that complicated for you to figure out, or must you continue to try and spin like a top  because it's "Shane" who is sitting here telling you that d/l the ahfilm1091.exe file will more likely than not resolve the problem he had?  Must really be a kick in the head, huh?  :)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2002, 09:43:43 PM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2002, 09:39:28 PM »
Originally posted by Tumor
Ok, who wins the title of Mr. Poopypants for this thread?  Deja or Shane? :D

me me me because i successfuly transitioned this smack from another thread on another board.  what do i win?

:)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2002, 09:42:14 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

he said he needed it because patch 2 "could not find ahfilm.exe", yet he knows it's located in the AH root directory.  

here's what shaun said, "tried installing patch 2 and it said that cant find ahfilm.exe .  If you have the file just send it to me thanks"

sounds like a typical corrupted file msg to me. if he were missing 1.09.1 in toto, or had a corrupted 1.09.1 d/l then it's very unlikely this would be the first msg or only he'd encounter when trying to run patch 2.

is this really all that complicated for you to figure out, or must you continue to try and spin like a top  because it's "Shane" who is sitting here telling you that d/l the ahfilm1091.exe file will more likely than not resolve the problem he had?  Must really be a kick in the head, huh?  :)

ummm.. shane... it wasn't in his desktop start directory either.  So.. it corrupted one file and coincidentally didn't install it into his start directory either.  Yep.. pretty statistically plausible.

All while installing a patch.

Yep... pure coincidence.

Lets let shaun settle this one... hey shaun... when you run Aces High.. what version does it say is installed?  Please.. hurry and wake up from over there in Ireland.  I can't take shane's ignorance much longer.

AKDejaVu

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2002, 09:49:04 PM »
Cat Fight!!!  Cat Fight!!!

I'm just here for the entertainment value.  ***oops..forgot the smiley :)

I like this one better

Cobra
« Last Edit: March 29, 2002, 07:26:46 AM by Cobra »

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2002, 09:58:16 PM »
ummm.. shane... it wasn't in his desktop start directory either.  So.. it corrupted one file and coincidentally didn't install it into his start directory either.  Yep.. pretty statistically plausible.

All while installing a patch.

Yep... pure coincidence.

Lets let shaun settle this one... hey shaun... when you run Aces High.. what version does it say is installed?  Please.. hurry and wake up from over there in Ireland.  I can't take shane's ignorance much longer.

AKDejaVu

ok, you're now me losing here, i'm not saying patch 2 corrupted his ahfilm file  ("it" being ahfilm.exe?) patch 2 itself won't install ahfilm.exe, that was 1.09 (of which some had corrupted ahfilm.exe files as a result of patch 1, which subsequently had a mini-patch ahfilm1091.exe).  the status of his ahfilm.exe in his start menu prior to him trying to execute patch 2 is a red-herring, simply put patch 2 could not execute because ahfilm.exe was missing/corrupt, ahfilm1091.exe addresses that issue.

actually the only thing that made sense in your above statements was waiting to see if shaun would post anything.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2002, 10:50:30 PM »
Shane, I think that patch you linked to was to fix a bug with the viewer itself, not because the .exe file was not there at all. If there's no .exe file, wouldn't it be logical to assume the rest of 1.09 is not there? I think that's what DJ is getting at.

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2002, 11:36:22 PM »
Cobra......you will notice Fatty's address is Austin.  Therefore, the word in question is really pronouced, "Aahsumb", and spelled without the "e" in Texas only.  I looked it up in the G.W. dictionary for Texans only. :D

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
HTC did you boot me ?
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2002, 11:41:28 PM »
I already sent you the file.  Quit asking.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!