Author Topic: how long for real torque efect ?  (Read 583 times)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
how long for real torque efect ?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2002, 07:08:01 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is why HiTech and the rest of HTC don't make a habit of direct intervention on these threads.

-Sikboy

PS: does anyone have a translation of this:

i was ONLY asking , right HT ??

if i any time put question on your knowledges ???

why you see only whines all around ????

we olways just whine , hmmmm

about my research , and your research , they can be diferent

the world was quadrate at 1944 in usa and probably flat plate swiming on ocean for us in europe  

be hapy HT you just puted me on the other side , for long time
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2002, 07:16:06 PM »
please forget it , inaf of that  , wiull chut up for next 3 years until learn english

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2002, 07:21:53 PM »
Originally posted by minus
please forget it , inaf of that  , wiull chut up for next 3 years until learn english

Minus,
I assure you that your problem is not english.

You are making yourself understood exactly the way you want to be understood.......and you know it.

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2002, 07:36:46 PM »
ok i em wrong then , OK now ?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2002, 08:17:35 PM »
Lol.. Hitech.  I liked your definition of 'torque'.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2002, 10:15:25 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Torque deffinition:
When you wake up with an erection. Procede to the mens room. Push it down to drain your bladder, and your feet fly off the floor.

LMAO! HT i just spewed orange juice all over my monitor!

need to give minus a test run of the pestering HT flashing icon i think :D
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2002, 10:39:48 PM »
IMO, what Minus wants is just a clarification and or explanation. IMO (again) this is crystal clear even with his (our) poor english.
Now we have torque: HP/RPM, but what is going to fight against it and when? the mass of the plane, initially? Aileron trim alone? What about torque at very low speeds? Will prop wash be enough to make the controls usable to fight agains torque effect?
And so on...

HiTech is right in one thing, most of us, while being AH customers,  are not aeronautic engeneers, so we may have doubts but no real scientific base to justify these doubts, or even critics. Anyway, most if not all of these doubts or critics come from people interested into improving the sim, so, they deserve a clarification or explanation from those that models the things: Pyro and HiTech. Actually there are several discussions where only players are participating without a single word of the creators.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2002, 11:35:52 PM »
HT, when I finally DO get to DFW and get up to the office, I'm taking you to some bar and buying you all the Cragganmore you can hold, just for this thread!

:)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2002, 02:26:27 AM »
Minus truly is full of it, anyone who knows his history knows that he only posts here criticising this game while he plays another.

Minus: You've never been on this side, therefore you cannot be pushed back to the other side. Mellow out.

I do agree that the torque in stall speed situations seems low, but I'm no expert on that issue. I've never even flown a warplane..

If we see aerobatics aircraft do wild torque rolls in vertical, it's probably only due to their great power/weight ratio and slightly unstable airframe modeling.. Still it leaves me to think if historically torque challenged planes (n1k2 comes to mind) really behave like they should when pulled vertical far enough to stall.

When torque overcomes the lift produced by the wings, shouldn't the plane start to roll? Currently as seen on another thread, n1k can be driven to 0mph speed without rolling to one side or another. Or is the large stab enough to stabilize the plane due to propwash?

No offence to your modeling hitech, just a coinciding thing that has kept me wondering.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2002, 02:35:26 AM by mrsid2 »

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2002, 07:07:13 AM »
if i only whine i surely not have 577 posts

and about other side ?

will coment only personaly to HT

Offline McQ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2002, 04:10:20 PM »
HI

I see torque efects in my 109F-4 all the time. Try this: Ct on, full power no torque; less than full power I get slow roll to the right; full power and WEP on; slow roll to the left.
  Unless we all can jump in a time machine and go back my advise to Minus is; fly what you got and don't sweat the small stuff.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2002, 07:11:46 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
F4u has got some but only on the ground

"torque" on the ground (yawing to one side) isn't torque. It is caused by the heletical prop wash hitting the vstab.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2002, 07:44:06 PM »
Its not your english or your grammar that HiTech is judging Minus. I mean, look at his spelling. He is playing in the same ballpark you are.

The problem here is attitude, and then trying to save face by blaming your poor english. We are not robots here, we understand everything you write, even if we make fun of it every now and then.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2002, 11:30:00 AM »
how about "p-factor"?  Why isnt anyone discussing P-factor?

P-factor is what pushes your nose to the left on takeoff roll, and pushes your nose around when you are slow and slam in the power.

Does anyone else understand the differance?  HT models p-factor but doesnt add a lot of  if, so it seems anyway.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2002, 12:08:37 PM »
how about engines that burn out when on full throttle for too long?