Author Topic: Anyone else playing Jedi Knight II?  (Read 362 times)

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Anyone else playing Jedi Knight II?
« on: March 29, 2002, 11:29:50 PM »
There have been a few frustrating key and jumping puzzles, but they are more than made up for when you take on a roomful of storm troopers with a lightsaber.

Once again, the Quake III engine has proven itself to be the best looking ride in town, and is actually particularly good looking in this incarnation.

Animations, especially death, are really great.  (I chopped off a hand, and the Greedo lookin' whatchamacalit screamed and grabbed his stump.)

AI is good - storm troopers will yell 'surround him!' and try to flank you, or run for help if they are in trouble.  Your character has a bit of AI as well for deflecting (most) laser blasts with the saber.

It's pretty damn fun - check it out!

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2002, 12:35:04 AM »
DEMO?!  Holy crap I did not know this was out!  I just got myself into Star Wars mode last week after watching Episode 5 :D   thx for info Kratzer
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2002, 12:54:48 AM »
No, I'm talking full version.

Don't think there is a demo yet.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2002, 10:30:28 AM »
I just heard the game was out yesterday.  Got somebody sending me a copy...sounds good.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2002, 01:14:45 PM »
is there a lan or multiplayer option?

really looking for a new game for the lan

Trell

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2002, 01:18:09 PM »
Yes - there is multiplayer, both internet and LAN.

I've played a few times, and it is FRANTIC but fun.

There are bots of varying skill levels you can fight in a 'single' multiplayer game to practice up.

Just came across my first bad-Jedi, lightsaber totin' MoFo in the single player game in of all places, the top of the shaft in Cloud City where Luke and Vader went at it in Jedi.

I'm in love.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2002, 07:23:13 PM »
This game is awesome.  I spent an hour or two last night playing CTF.  Nothing like using "force grip" to choke some guy or drop him over a ledge while he is carrying a flag.

Lightsaber fights are pretty damn fun too.

-math

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2002, 11:33:20 PM »
There's only one word for the multiplayer: Frantic!

I prefer the sabers only servers, with force powers.  Makes for some interesting times - and the 'duel' functionality is pretty cool!

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2002, 02:37:36 PM »
Just got the game today and went straight for the multiplayer :D

I have to say this game has the best graphics out of any star wars game!

the light sabers are great fun!

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2002, 02:44:14 PM »
What stores are open on Easter?  I couldnt think of anything that would be open around here... I want it... i want it NOW! :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2002, 07:07:14 AM »
Well got it a few days ago and started to play but my son saw it and while I was upstairs getting refreshments he nabbed the cd and I haven't seen it since. What little I've seen of it(about 15 min) it looks pretty cool. My son really likes it  also.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2002, 09:55:35 AM »
The first couple locations are pretty standard shooter fare...  Once you get the light saber, it becomes one of the coolest action games I've ever played.

Nothin' like using the Force to knock a bunch of storm troopers on their tulips and then jump in and hack them to bits.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2002, 12:50:54 PM »
Just Finnihsed the game on Normal difficulty, moving on to next difficulty level now.

I haven't played a shooter in my life, that has been more fun then this, once you get you saber (takes a bit too long IMO) there is nothing that beats it. All the nice things you can do, not only 2 attacks with the saber as in JK1, now you have 3 different modes with several different attack s on each, attacks are made up with key combinations (ok, much of my fighting is run and slash still but I'm learning).

Also, when you have fully "upgraded" force powers the stormtroopers are very fun to fight (they always are but they die so easy late in the game). See 5 of the, grab their weapons all at once as well as drag them and trip them, watch them get up and run away then push 4 of them of a ledge, use grip force on the fifth and hold him over the ledge a while, very fun :)

Never seen such intense fighter as the single player game has, saber fights are movie like there!
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.