Author Topic: Sharon Declares War On Terrorism...  (Read 752 times)

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Sharon Declares War On Terrorism...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2002, 11:54:40 AM »
My dislike of cabby goes wayyyy back to my days in WB, he started the war then.

Cobra I'll likely never go to N.C., so no reason to see my name in the media.  ;)

He doesn't like me either Toad.

Kieran, what other figure in history can you compare a liar like Fleischer to, or someone like Ashcroft?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2002, 12:24:15 PM »
I vote for Cabby, Weazel and a few others (MG?) to take this test, HONESTLY ANSWER, then post results.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

FYI:
My scores for all catagories were "Low".  No medication either Weazel! ;)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2002, 12:34:51 PM »
Kieran, what other figure in history can you compare a liar like Fleischer to

Lets see...hmm...WJC?

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Are you saying I need medication..
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2002, 02:39:44 PM »
Because I recognize the current administartion as being made up of self serving liars and thugs?

Originally posted by Ripsnort
I vote for Cabby, Weazel and a few others (MG?) to take this test, HONESTLY ANSWER, then post results.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

FYI:
My scores for all catagories were "Low".  No medication either Weazel! ;)

Apache, because Clinton was a liar are you saying the current adminstration has the right to be liars too?

I stand by my assertation that the current goons in the White House bear similarities to the thugs from the 3rd Reich:

Ari Fleischer started telling lies the first day as shrubs official mouthpiece.  

John Ashcroft has attacked the rights guaranteed us in the Constitution, and none of you  seem to care.

Shrub subverted the laws passed due to Watergate and has denied public access to past presidential records.

I don't understand why you people aren't concerned about things like this?

Benjamin Franklin once noted that "those who would trade freedom for
security deserve neither freedom nor security".

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2002, 02:42:10 PM »
No weazel, I simply answered your question.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2002, 03:09:29 PM »
Any post that compares our current administration to the Third Reich is too hyperbolic to consider seriously. I won't do better than that because, frankly, it won't matter what I say, and you will only insinuate I don't care about my country because I don't agree with you.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2002, 03:14:39 PM »

Any post that compares our current administration to the Third Reich is too hyperbolic to consider seriously. I won't do better than that because, frankly, it won't matter what I say, and you will only insinuate I don't care about my country because I don't agree with you.

It's not a question of agreeing with me, it's a question of right and wrong, if you support liars and thugs what side are you allied with?

Over 200 years ago, our founding fathers established a Republic to operate as a representative government - a government "For the People, Of the People, and By the People."

A representative government "By the People" requires effective communication between the represented and the representative.

Obviously the current one doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Think about it.....

« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 04:43:08 PM by weazel »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
For personal reasons,
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2002, 03:32:33 PM »
I have taken to reading this every day.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others,

even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

I'll admit in my recent attempt to become more in tune with the universe and avoid certain things I don't hold in high regard, I just, for the very first time, tried out the ignore list.

Then I remembered what I read each morning and went back and "un-ignored".

I offer this reading to those who may forget that each day is a gift to each of us and that it is indeed "still a beautiful world."
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2002, 04:09:25 PM »
A beautiful world?

Depends where you're standing I guess... some don't have time to look at the world; they're too busy trying to survive it.

We're just fortunate we have the means to read your last post. ;)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2002, 04:34:33 PM »
....oops. Sorry, Dowding I forgot. Been a while since we've both been in the same thread. My mistake. Go ahead and make yourself miserable over things you cannot change. My apologies.

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2002, 04:52:13 PM »
It's not a question of agreeing with me, it's a question of right and wrong, if you support liars and thugs what side are you allied with?

Thanks for making my point.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2002, 05:24:09 PM »
I don't know how many of you noticed. But, the day Sheron was elected, every "expert" on the middle east, predicted that the toejam was about to hit the fan. He is possibly the most despised Israeli in the Arab world.  The Israelis's knew this when they elected him. And they didn't give a damn. I am going to risk sounding like some of our Canadian cousins here. The ones that said we brought 9.11 on our selves.  But the Jews flat poked a stick into a hornets nest.  And they are experiencing the result.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2002, 05:50:01 PM »
diplomacy goes both ways. How many more of your people have to die before you stop being diplomatic?

Way I heard it wuz "diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' whislt you pick up a rock."

Seems like diplomacy time is already over... was over when Sharon came to power. Looks like its rock time now.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2002, 06:02:31 PM »
Yep. Isaac and Ishmael. This conflict goes way back.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2002, 06:08:13 PM »
I don't know how many of you noticed. But, the day Sheron was elected, every "expert" on the middle east, predicted that the toejam was about to hit the fan. He is possibly the most despised Israeli in the Arab world. The Israelis's knew this when they elected him. And they didn't give a damn. I am going to risk sounding like some of our Canadian cousins here. The ones that said we brought 9.11 on our selves. But the Jews flat poked a stick into a hornets nest. And they are experiencing the result.

The election of Sharon was a direct result of the terror attacks,and the unwillingness of the palestinians to negotiate peace.They told them ,if they won`t do something to stop the attacks Sharon will be elected,and all know he`s not diddlying around.They kept blowing jews up,so they got Sharon,and Sharon has them bent over now.

Chamberlain tried to negotiate,but when he failed,a hardheaded conservative(Churchill) was needed to save Britain...and the rest of the world.