Author Topic: AH Voice Volume  (Read 101 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
AH Voice Volume
« on: April 01, 2002, 04:39:32 AM »
How about doubling the current max volume of incoming transmissions for AH Voice?  Don't know if it'd be easy to do, but it'd be nice.

Playing with the overall volume of other AH sounds helps a little, but I basically end up having to turn them down a bunch and then crank my speakers up - resulting in eardrum torturing Windows sounds when I get back to regular windows apps.  I've also just given up on trying to listen to music and hear transmissions at the same time.  Just can't seem to get everything tweaked just right...and even if I did, I would have to set it up every time I started AH, since I'd be changing the sound back to do anything else in Windows.

With Roger Wilco, I just cranked it up as loud as I needed it and could always manage to hear it over my engine and music.

-----
Note: I guess I should ask if there's something I'm missing!  I do have the Voice volume cranked all the way up in AH and I've turned the master volume and the individual volume for engine down about half way.  (the master volume seems not to control the voice volume, fortunately).  Anything else I'm missing?
-----

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
AH Voice Volume
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2002, 09:52:26 AM »
I agree. AH Voice certanly could use a boost in the volume department.

The current feature of it decreasing other sounds while recieving transmissions is kind of hokey I think. I like to listen to the engine sounds of my P-51 rather than check guages all the time. Everytime someone transmits I have to check and make sure I didn't get a throttle drop out or RPM accidentally reduced.

I would rather the voice volume just be louder.