Author Topic: Thank You Htc  (Read 1067 times)

Offline JoeCrip

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg51.8m.net
Thank You Htc
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2002, 02:17:34 PM »
Mossie Eny = 40
110 G-2 Eny = 20
110 C-4 = i dunno :)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Thank You Htc
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2002, 02:22:37 PM »
man he hooked lots of fish on this one...

:D

Nice job Nimitz

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2002, 02:29:29 PM »
ENY values? Aren't they merely a factor in the perk point tail chase?

If you don't care about perk points, why would ENY be of ANY interest?  A kill's a kill.   :)

BTW, has HTC setup a system for selling perks to those of you who actually want some? I got some I'd let go for a decent bottle of Scotch.  :D

Seriously though.. for those of you who enjoy that sort of thing.. congratulations! Enjoy!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2002, 03:14:35 PM »
Originally posted by fd ski
man he hooked lots of fish on this one...

:D

Nice job Nimitz

I'm curious why you'd possibly think that this was a troll?  It may be April 1st, but this is no joke.  

Do you think posting anything that's gonna generate some heated discussion is a troll?  Why would that be?  

D

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2002, 03:21:02 PM »
The F4U-C went up 2 points.  It was 8 before rite?  It's now 10.  Wasn't seeing much use before, so why raise it?

This is a good start.  Probably something to fiddle with somewhat regularly.  

D

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2002, 03:33:09 PM »
Dont understand FD-ski - not a troll.  Just thot everyone would like to know.

Nim

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Thank You Htc
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2002, 04:13:37 PM »
La-5 is going to be my main ride again! Cya Yak!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Thank You Htc
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2002, 04:44:00 PM »
It's not a troll ? Heck... then i guess Pyro has been hitting HT's whiskey storage :)

La5 - 40  - why ? Plane is a monster in every respect. At 30 EVY it was a prefered "get perk points" ride. Now, you'd be stupid not to fly it...

SpitV - 20
P38 - 22
Now what's wrong with this picture ?
One of the slowest planes in the planeset, poor climber, short clip, short legs and average roll - against 1945 P38L ? And it's 20 ENV ?

Anyone wants La5 vs Spit 5 duel ? Any doubts to the outcome ? Heck, let's make it 12 vs 12 duel, still LA-5s or P38s will eat spitfires alive.

First Spit14 percked without even a trail period. Now this. What's next ? Spit 9 perked ?

It makes no sense to me, hince i thought it was a troll.

As for lowering perk levels, i'm all for it. Now spit14 still 60, ain't it ?

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Thank You Htc
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2002, 04:46:01 PM »
Yep, looks like they caved in to the whiners.
HTC seems to have lost all direction with the MA.  Is the Perk/ENY system designed for historical play?  Or pure game play?  Play balance?  Perk and ENY values show no common direction except to reduce popularity of planes that many love to fly, and a vocal few like to cry about.

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2002, 04:53:05 PM »
Guys, as I understand it - it is based in a large part on the number of people flying the planes.  Hardly anyone flies the La5, P47D11 - so they get a higher value.  TONS of SpitVs, TONS Of P51s (mroe than La7s) - so they get lower values.

Makes perfect sense to me ...

Nim

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2002, 04:54:01 PM »
Uhm, Funked & Ski, don't you guys remember that the perk point system was designed so that the more rare planes were given high ENY values while the more common ones are given lower values? The late war monsters were to be perked (although there are still a few unperked running amock in the arena... 190D9, 109G10, La7, P51D) while the early war/mid war planes were free but had values placed on them so you could fly the late war planes.

It's not exactly surprising to see the SpitV at such a low ENY, because so many people fly it.

You know what, if you guys didn't want the ENY values to be fugged with, should of been on the side against perking the F4U-1C. That set the precedent, and you all know it.
-SW

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2002, 04:54:28 PM »
Thnx for the ENY tweaks HT...I like them for the most part,and you know the saying about not being able to please all the people all the time?..This is an excellant example..:)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2002, 04:58:34 PM »
The way I see it, changing the ENY is in a sense a "minor perk". It is a way to persuade people to fly lesser flown aircraft without making them actually lose points to do so (though you don't gain as many points if you don't). This is a perfect compromise between perking and non-perking, and I think it is a great idea.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2002, 05:01:53 PM »
Uhm, Funked & Ski, don't you guys remember that the perk point system was designed so that the more rare planes were given high ENY values while the more common ones are given lower values?

That's obviously not the case.  Incredibly rare planes like the Ta 152H have low perks, while much more common planes like the Spit 14 and Tempest and even the Me 262 are perked highly.  And some planes that came out extremely late in the war (P-51D, Fw 190D-9, Bf 109G-10, La-7) are unperked, while earlier planes like the Spit 14 are perked.  The ENY values follow much the same pattern.  The perk/ENY system clearly has no basis in history.

As far as the -1C, I was all for perking it, assuming HTC had some historical basis for perking.  But they have clearly deviated from that.  I'm not sure what they are thinking.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
Thank You Htc
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2002, 05:08:24 PM »
Guys, as I understand it - it is based in a large part on the number of people flying the planes. Hardly anyone flies the La5, P47D11 - so they get a higher value. TONS of SpitVs, TONS Of P51s (mroe than La7s) - so they get lower values.

Makes perfect sense to me ...

So the goal is to get all aircraft to be used equally?  There are quite valid reasons why some planes should be more popular than others, which have nothing to do with combat effectiveness.  Just look at the demographics.  Most people here are from the US or another Allied country.  Many of us find it distasteful to fly planes with the markings of the Nazi regime or the wearing the Hinomaru of the butchers of Pearl Harbor.  It's therefore only natural that Allied planes will be more popular, just based on demographics.  To create some social engineering system to fight this quite natural trend reminds me of some of the idiotic things our government has tried over the years.