Author Topic: 13th TAS v 412th BM (maybe off topic)  (Read 343 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS v 412th BM (maybe off topic)
« on: April 01, 2002, 07:06:51 PM »
I just stumbled into this in the 'whine of the week' thread.. that this could even GET into a wine of the week thread deserves note, and while the 'Whine' is always preferred reading; this time I think it's good ta go for spawning a lil 'mini-series' all it's own. Call it the "Squad Chump Call of the Week" or somethin.. Bear with me now.. Rude sez somethin about helpin somebody handle N1k's and Midnight pops in with this..

_______

Midnight (alone)

Tour 26: Midnight has 13 kills and has been killed 3 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (4.3 : 1)

Tour 25: Midnight has 30 kills and has been killed 5 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (6.0 : 1)

Tour 24: Midnight has 27 kills and has been killed 4 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (6.75 :1)

Last three tour average = 5.68 : 1

------

412th Squadron

Tour 26: Midnight squad has 163 kills and has been killed 82 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (1.98 : 1)

Tour 25: Midnight squad has 174 kills and has been killed 72 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (2.41 : 1)

Tour 24: Midnight squad has 246 kills and has been killed 129 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (1.90 : 1)

Last three tour average = 2.09 : 1

-------

Rude (alone)

Tour 26: Rude has 11 kills and has been killed 3 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (3.66 : 1)

Tour 25: Rude has 21 kills and has been killed 3 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (7.0 : 1)

Tour 24: Rude has 5 kills and has been killed 1 time in the P-51D against the N1K2. (5.0 : 1)

Last three tour average = 5.22 : 1

------

13th TAS squadron

Tour 26: Rude squad has 156 kills and has been killed 69 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (2.26 : 1)

Tour 25: Rude squad has 106 kills and has been killed 62 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (1.71 : 1)

Tour 24: Rude squad has 34 kills and has been killed 27 times in the P-51D against the N1K2. (1.26 : 1)

Last three tour average = 1.74 : 1

....look us up if you need more training..  

--------

Now, I ask you; has anybody else noticed the lil digs goin on lately between Rude n' Midnight?  I mean, at what point are these two just gonna unzip their flys and get right down to the dick measuring episode??

Now, mind you; I've not been around the MA lately, but do these two squads ever get into it on chan1?? C'mon now; gimmie the skinny here, what have I been missing? Have they fought a duel? is one commin up now? Who cames out on top inna Rude vs Midnight matchup? Who's got the shinyest Caddilacs in da Sky?

Now, I'd think at the very least, the LW squads will wanna take notice... these two pony squads will no doubt be VERY present in the next Rumble.. and they might wanna chime in with a few derisive comments of their own; lest the very presence of the Legendary Leather Lovin Lingere LW be forgotton..

Now, it's true, there have been a few OTHER chump calls between squads lately *henh*... but this one's a standout in subtlty AND; the chump caller actually did some research.

LOL... ok, TAS and Braunco's.. have at it now, don't be shy the thread is yours. ;)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 07:14:50 PM by Hangtime »
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2002, 07:10:42 PM »
This just in, screenshot of 13th vs. 412th squad rumble:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 07:15:37 PM by funkedup »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2002, 07:13:40 PM »
now THATS[/i] whut 'im taklin 'bout. There's even some nancy boy spit dweebs with a vested intrest here.. now that they got a MID war chumpfire. :D
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
OK, I'll nibble but not bite......
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2002, 07:27:28 PM »
Hang, having been in the 13th, you know what the policy is on "trash-talking" on Channel 1.

I'm sure there's been exceptions, but I'll guarantee ya that if any other TAS sees another TAS "trash talking" on Ch 1 the reminders come swift and sure over AH Voice or Squad Text.

As far as TAS vs Anything, I think over the last 3-4 tours or so most of our adversaries in the MA have noticed a significant difference in the fighting style of TAS. We tend to be much, much lower at all times >. We're no strangers to the freewheeling low-alt furballs. I know I rarely bother to get above 8-10K AGL anymore.

That's it...  that's my nibble. I'm swimming away from the bait.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 08:54:46 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2002, 07:35:21 PM »
ahh... I see some hidden significance in the '....a significant difference in the fighting style of TAS. We tend to be much, much lower at all times.... ' ???
:D

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2002, 07:36:28 PM »
Just like when that slack-jawed kid on the Dell commercials talks (when you know he's gonna say, "Dude, yer gettin' a Dell!"), someone HAS to pop in here and say, "weeds". C'mon, DON'T let me down. ;)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Re: OK, I'll nibble but not bite......
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2002, 08:20:43 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Hang, having been in the 13th, you know what the policy is on "trash-talking" on Channel 1.

Im surprised that Midnight hasn't made the same policy for his 412th
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
Re: Re: OK, I'll nibble but not bite......
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2002, 08:40:41 PM »
Originally posted by moose

Im surprised that Midnight hasn't made the same policy for his 412th

The 412th does have that policy moose.

from http://www.brauncomustangs.org Code Of Conduct page

Taken from 412th FB C.O.C.
Membership Requirements OFFICAL RELEASE REV 1.0

Members of the 412th are expected to act at a higher standard than the average player in the MA. We should be perceived as a group of respectable and professional acting pilots that are willing to help in organized country efforts when they occur, and provide leadership when it is needed. We need to all take care to avoid any sort of open or private insults to other players. When tempers flare, we will be the ones who take a deep breath and keep the situation under control.

Part of showing respect to other players will include saluting them. Friendly pilots may be saluted on the country channel, while enemy pilots should be saluted on the open channel for all to see. Use your best judgement as who should be saluted or not. Some general guidelines for saluting country members are generally that you know the individual or a squad that they belong to. Saluting of enemies is usually done following combat and to recognize a skillfully fought battle regardless of the outcome. Being able to salute your enemy after he beats you is difficult at times, but if it was a fair fight, it is only fair to salute the enemy's skill.

Members of the squadron should always strive to promote the 412th FS in a positive manner and support the squadron objectives and goals

Granted, there may have been a newer member or two that were not totally in sync with this ideal, but believe me, the entire squadron has been addressed on this matter and told that if anyone continues to act in a manner to tarnish the image the 412th strives to maintain, they will be ejected from the squad.

If any member of the 412th has offended other players in the MA, I offer my appologies as squadron CO.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 08:43:32 PM by Midnight »

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2002, 08:50:54 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
This just in, screenshot of 13th vs. 412th squad rumble:

This would be funny if I never saw it before. What makes me wonder is that funkedup seems to have a special place in his heart to keep this image fresh in his mind.

It's ok funked, you can play with your little ponies. We won't let the bad men take them away from you.

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2002, 09:09:10 PM »
OK. Truth be known, the 412th was formed on 04/12/2001 when the 13th had been disbanded for various reasons.

Some time later, the 13th was re-formed.

Circumstances around both events generated a some adverse feelings between Ice/Rude and I.

I still respect the 13th and its basic ideals. Rude and I occasionally swap some competitive banter on private channel. We maybe allies in the TODs or Scenarios, however, in the MA, 412th is always on the hunt for the 13th.

One of these days the 412th and 13th could organize a squad-v-squad duel, but it's more fun hunting in the MA.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2002, 09:44:27 PM »
Well....I leave work and come home to find this:)

First of all, I have not one ill feeling towards Midnight...I've heard others alude to this before and I'm clueless as to what they mean...perhaps Midnight could let me know what he means by what he said.

Nice work Hang:) Sorry man....duelin and such manly stuff is between Midnight and myself....you on the other hand are invited to come get some...might not be much there when ya show up, but the LW turds should be gettin nervous (ya listenin Hristo? :) )

Midnight has worked hard to build the 412th...it's not easy being the CO. I respect his efforts.

Having said that, I believe the 13th TAS is nothing like the 412th other than the P-51. The 13th TAS is 10 years old...we have set goals and met them throughout our existence. We were winnin fighter titles and closing down entire countries on our squad nights back in AWDOS.

We are not about rank or statistics, but rather about each other. A couple of our members are having some serious health issues...we are friends first, the rest is silly fodder.

Anyone wants to duel us, we will show..... win or lose, in my heart, we will still be the better squad. How else should a CO feel about his squadmates?

Oh....and Deja....that pic is cool....new nose art for the 13th!:)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 10:11:58 PM by Rude »

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2002, 09:57:13 PM »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2002, 09:57:46 PM »
Oh, c'mon Ladies, surely; if the whine of the week can flush out a 'numbers of n1k's tanked' measuring contest; you guys can do better than all this kissin 'n makin up? I mean, jezus yah sound like arafat sayin he has no knowledge of terrorisim.. well; OF COURSE thats true, the guy's had no TV since the weekend; but thats besides the point.

Now if you guys don't get to the dick measurin part, i may have to go start more trouble for the CM's.

(boredom and a laptop make for dangerous bedfellows)

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2002, 10:16:24 PM »
Weeds, Dammit, WEEEEDS!

:D

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2002, 07:10:56 PM »
Midnight that's a different pic than i used last time.  Gimme a little credit.  :)
I fly Barbiefires man, I gotta rip on somebody.  :)