Author Topic: Get a grip  (Read 250 times)

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
Get a grip
« on: May 29, 2000, 06:03:00 AM »
Guys, seems like many of us don't know how fortunate position we are now. We have good feedback coming from developers, constant updates and such. Believe me, it has not always been like that in sims I have played before!

Yet many of us squeak and whine to no end over pretty little issues. F4U-1C, point based uber planes, easy mode... While they might seem to be big issues to you personally, they are not the end of the world, only a evolution to what we had.

You might say that you only voice your opinion as customer. Fine, do it once but don't spam the board with it. Maybe the most effective way is to vote with yout credit card, one account, one 30$ per month. That will show you really really dislike something. If you do not feel like quitting the game just because the issue you are having trouble with, you just have to live with it.

Pyto and Hitech are very kind to reply posts on this board. Unlike many of us, they have real job and they don't have much time to read the board and correct wrong assumptions. If they see only a nasty posts, how long do you think they will keep reading those posts and keep replying to them? Not too long I'm afraid. To keep them reading our posts, we have to keep our posts towards them civil and constructive.

We have had pretty good customer - developer relationshiup here and I would hate to see it spoiled by unneccessary nasty posts.

The point is, this is their game and they get their living out of it. They have first hand experience inside this business from timespan of many years. How many of you can say the same? If you really don't like what they have to do to make this sim to bring money tho them, well, what else you can do but hit the road?

If they have to make decision that will force 10 customers to quit, it's of course bad. But if that decision brings in 100 new customers they are 90 on plus side. It's simple as that and you personally can't do much about it.

It's their game, not yours.

------------------
jochen Jagdflieger JG 2 'Richthofen' Aces High
jochen Geschwaderkommodore (on leave) Jagdgeschwader 2 'Richthofen'  Warbirds

Thanks for the Fw 190A-5 HTC!

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief
Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight
Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free
But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
Get a grip
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2000, 08:58:00 AM »
"You might say that you only voice your opinion as customer. Fine, do it once but don't spam the board with it."

<punt>

danish

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Get a grip
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
I was gonna quote the same sentence danish!  

Preach on brother Jochen.

Can't we cut HTC some slack? Give them the benefit of the doubt. They've forgotten more about flight simms than anyone on this board will ever learn. Let them express their ideas on what they plan to implement without us being crybabies about it.

I have zero respect for bums who get on the boards and claim they are gonna quit if so&so feature gets put in the game.

If you're gonna quit just friggin' do it.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Get a grip
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2000, 03:35:00 PM »
Right on, Jochen!

It's ok to criticize, as long as you make suggestions in a civil way to help HTC make the game better. Endless complaining will get us nowhere.

And there's nothing wrong with saying that you think Pyro or HiTech made a poor decision. But, state the opinion and then move on in life, don't use that one bad decision against them forever.

And there's nothing wrong with complimenting HTC on a job well done, either. Some call it buttkissing, but I call it giving credit when credit is do.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Get a grip
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2000, 05:46:00 PM »
I don't wanna get off on a rant here...

.. but I'm still wondering what all the cryin is about. Last time I asked myself "are yah havin fun?" The answer was yes.

Thoughtful suggestions, good-humored posts on the nature of the game and it's personalities aside, unfortunatly the BBS has become more BS than is healty as of late.

So... since I'm not at all responsible for the midset/gameplay attitude of others, (and neither is HTC) the constant howlin about how under-this or uber-that or over-whatsis this <game feature here> becomes very revealing. The schmoes that are howlin at us in a whining fix-it-or-I-quit tone seem to demand our attention, even tho they are spouting pure nosie and self-effacing drivel. I'd love to pay them even more attention, make them happy, so to speak.

I want to, if possible; improve my enjoyment of the sim and here's a suggestion how all of us can too. Now, thanks to all the gripe posts on the BBS, we can go about identifying who the dickheads are, and as a result, our gaming enjoyment levels should expand expotentially when we shoot one of em down.  

Maybe someone will be so kind as to post a  list to make this easier..  

.. but, thats just my opinion; I could be wrong.

Hang  
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Get a grip
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2000, 05:57:00 PM »
Waves hand...
potato peeler I guess...

funked

Get a grip
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2000, 06:02:00 PM »
ROFL!!!

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Get a grip
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2000, 10:56:00 PM »
HB, IMHO now IS the time. Pyro stated that they are trying to decide how they are going to go about it. If we wait until after the fact, we have nothing left, but to leave.

Im am not looking for a reason to leave. History has already shown that if RR is available. More than half the people will use it. This makes it a little illogical for me to spend 3 times as much to get the same thing as elsewhere.

I know you like the HA idea. So this would be an excuse to start lobbying for that. But like MOST people that fly prop sims, an HA is my idea of nothing to do.

This is my (and others) only shot at curtailing the move to a mixed arena. If they go ahead with it. I wont post a word about it. It wont be my sim anymore. So there would be no reason for me to comment on it.

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 05-29-2000).]