Author Topic: Camouflages  (Read 128 times)

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Camouflages
« on: April 03, 2002, 04:19:10 PM »
A while ago i posted a thread about selectable camouflages i.e. you can choose the camouflage u like to fly (or drive) with.
This could be realised with selectable little pics of the camouflage in the hangar.
Why I post this again?
Because I forgot to discuss one issue. I think this would be really a great possibility to give people from many other nations the ability to fly with their "own" planes / make new squads. Sure the majority of ah comes from the USA, Germany, UK but i guess 1/4 is located in other countries (does anyone have exact values?).

So I really would like to see something like this in AH and therefore I bring up this idea again.

Offline illo

• Nickel Member
Camouflages
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2002, 04:52:03 PM »
Thanks for posting duedel.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Camouflages
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2002, 07:27:48 PM »
Perhaps a different camo style for each map... only one choice per map, another choice upon reset...?
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline MaxImm13

• Zinc Member
Camouflages
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2002, 09:29:55 PM »
And I once again will post my camo idea as I think this works best of all....

Summer....Fall.....Winter  

Select season before entering arena.

Plane & vehical camo's will match terrain accordingly.

From what we have learned from terrain editor I see this a feasible addition.  This same feature was used successfully back in the days of AirWarrior III.  It's about the only thing besides the pilots I miss about AW3.  Not to mention you could even design your own paint schemes .

To put it simply, I could exist in the same arena as other players however I would visualise a winter terrain where as another player who selected Summer would see desert terrain.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Camouflages
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2002, 10:04:43 PM »
Originally posted by Dux
Perhaps a different camo style for each map... only one choice per map, another choice upon reset...?

:eek: :eek:

That would ROCK!!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Camouflages
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2002, 12:31:52 AM »
I would think it better if each squad could have its own paint scheme.

1) Make it an OPTION in setup to display non-default paint schemes or not (so that low end systems dont hog down).

2)any squad with 10 or more members can APPLY to get one. Logically, once the camo is submitted it would be up to HTC to decide yea or nay.

We already save everyone's squad nose art, which is in no way noticable at all during a fight. Imo, a complete plane paintjob would be better than the nose art to give the squads their unique "signature" in the sky.

Offline freeze

• Zinc Member
Camouflages
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2002, 12:52:40 AM »
Great idea. I liked to have my customized skins for the planes in AW. I also liked to have my own terrain.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Camouflages
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2002, 02:21:20 AM »
Originally posted by freeze
Great idea. I liked to have my customized skins for the planes in AW. I also liked to have my own terrain.

HTC has to do the skins in AH, but it would be nice to be able to select a few different ones for different terrains.  I don't know how much work it is, but it would add a lot of immersion.

Offline 8ball

• Copper Member
      • http://www.derstuhl.com
Camouflages
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2002, 02:31:24 AM »
I think it would be awesome to have custom aircraft paint.  I don't care so much about the camoflauge stuff, I just want to make it look cool. :cool:

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
Camouflages
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2002, 03:24:04 AM »
In AW it was quite easy to select the plane and terrain art. U had a litte prog with which u can browse and set the planes u want to change and u was also able to select the sky art and the terrain. But Aw isnt AH . And i guess to vary the plane and terrain arts in AH its a little bit more work to do.
Freeze

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Camouflages
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2002, 03:34:24 AM »
Originally posted by Tac
I would think it better if each squad could have its own paint scheme.

1) Make it an OPTION in setup to display non-default paint schemes or not (so that low end systems dont hog down).

2)any squad with 10 or more members can APPLY to get one. Logically, once the camo is submitted it would be up to HTC to decide yea or nay.

We already save everyone's squad nose art, which is in no way noticable at all during a fight. Imo, a complete plane paintjob would be better than the nose art to give the squads their unique "signature" in the sky.

I guess HTC has mentioned that paint schemes cant be made by players so the work has to be done by HTC.