Author Topic: You know you have been online too long when...  (Read 693 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
You know you have been online too long when...
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2002, 10:17:49 AM »
When ya see a person with a large tush and think, "nope,...that ain't got nuthin on StSanta". :D
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2002, 10:22:31 AM »
.....when you have the Pale Lemon Volvo in front of you lined up that well with your hood ornament/gunsight that you jam the cannon/horn button down hard and scupcake with delight when the old fart craps himself and his hat falls off.

Blue

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2002, 10:23:33 AM »
LOL

Or when you are driving down the road, you are thumbing the steering wheel, hunting for the POV hat switch    ;)

Sigh....itty bitty Saturns don't have WEP....

Offline unix

• Zinc Member
      • http://www-bd.fnal.gov/notifyservlet/www?project=outside
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2002, 10:51:39 AM »
When you wonder how many perks you will get for the benz in front of you,

When you are driving down the highway, there are three other cars beside you and you dont want to exit and break formation.

When you pass someone you look for the WEP

When you notice there are more hondas then spits

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2002, 10:59:16 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
That skoda must be overmoddeled.

LOL well unfortunately I happen to have one in my garage and I must say that all Skodas are very undermodeled and extremely overpriced. Will have to check with dealer on ENY and perk values... :rolleyes:

Offline TheOxman

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2002, 11:44:04 AM »
Using a smashed bug or taking a grease pencil to make a HUD pipper on your windshield.

Using you Stick-Shifter as a flightstick.  <-Done this one
:cool:

Pretending to use Brake and Clutch as rudders and almost wrecking.

Using the window roll-up handle as a pretend throttle.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2002, 12:11:57 PM »
I was talking to an engineer once about some work we were doing and agreed on a point he made and replied "rgr that"..I kicked myself at the time but chuckled all the way home :)

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2002, 12:30:29 PM »
Serriously though, has anyone else found themselve leaning into a turn while driving? Man, that drives me nuts.

-Sikboy

Yep; comes in real handy on my Yamaha.  

:D

The worst is when flying along in a T-6 and start feeling for the view buttons on the throttle and the 4-ways on the stick. Or seeing other traffic and wondering if you left the icons off.

GronK

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2002, 12:41:25 PM »
... telling your wife she could merge onto the freeway better if she used lag pursuit to retain more E.

Man did she every look at me weird when I said that.  :D

Actually, as a former stock-car racer, E fighting techniques in air combat apply very well for the various ways to pass another car in a turn.  The lag-displacement rolls don't work too well though. :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2002, 12:46:51 PM »
Originally posted by Lephturn
... telling your wife she could merge onto the freeway better if she used lag pursuit to retain more E.

Man did she every look at me weird when I said that.  :D

Actually, as a former stock-car racer, E fighting techniques in air combat apply very well for the various ways to pass another car in a turn.  The lag-displacement rolls don't work too well though. :)

Yeah, lets just not mix the two jargons together..."Apexing" and "Tramlining" may confuse some of the mortals on this board ;)

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2002, 01:16:54 PM »
1: weird thing i do when i drive: When i change lanes or merge, i shoulder check in the exact same pattern as i maintain SA in AH.

eg> i look left, look right, back, then up (yes i even look up when shoulder checking some times.) I dont even use the mirrors.

2. i have, and passengers have caught me rapid flashing the high beams to "shoot" cars in front of me. (the flashing hi beams representing muzzle flash.)

3. We have all been caught doing this: in a crowded place like a bar, mall or pub, you get weird looks from people wondering what form of sign language you are trying to use when you are using your hands to explain the planes and vectors that occured during last night's rolling scissor fight.

4. The acronym thing.  Last weekend we had a family supper and when i was getting ready to leave, i said: "well great supper mom, time for me to rtb."  Everyone was like "what the hell?" except for my Grandpa, a WW2 wellington pilot. he said "have a safe drive...." That was classic!

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2002, 01:23:21 PM »
As it turns out our new QA guys drove 'Varks in the Gulf War.  Qualified for carrier landings in a 14 as part of an exchange program, but never did manage to stick a night trap.

He understands those hand gestures quite well.

I generally worry more about deflection shooting and relative e when I drive.  I WANT those dam 50 cals up by the headlights mounted!  :cool:
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2002, 01:57:46 PM »
..... when u ask the stewardess on ur next holiday flight if u can join as gunner.

.... when u tell the pilot he should stay under 200 fft to be invisable for enema radar.

.... when u ask the stewardess for a fresh ammo clip, the old one is empty since u saw bogies vulching the runway.
Freeze

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2002, 02:28:41 PM »
When you are sitting in front of a $20000 HP Visualize C3600 workstation reading the AH BBS. ;)

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2002, 02:33:39 PM »
...when you need to go to the other city which is 25miles away and you get pissed that there is no GV spawnpoint 5k out of the city limits and you have to drive all the way... :D