Author Topic: Pearl Harbor terrain  (Read 286 times)

Offline bobcaa

• Zinc Member
Pearl Harbor terrain
« on: April 05, 2002, 01:38:56 PM »
I live in Hawaii, and have been trying my hand at a terrain map for the islands.  I am having some trouble getting the USGS terrain maps to look like the real thing, however...any help?
 I think the Pearl Harbor/ Midway idea is fantastic- 4 to 6 carriers each, stationed off opposite sides of the island.  It wouldnt be historicall accurate, but since the element of surprise is gone, the scenario can never be realistic.  What it can be is a major naval battle for the islands, with one team based in Hilo, on the Big Island, and the other based in Kawai.  Pearl Harbor would be the major prize, and the major center of the battle.
  If anyone has a functioning terrain map of the islands, or can help me, please let me know, or e-mail me at jenbusch@earthlink.net....thanks

bobcaa
Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Pearl Harbor terrain
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2002, 05:03:20 PM »
First off I never use the USGS stuff, I could never get this to work right.

Me and Pokie found a way to retain the element of surprise.

EXAMPLE: make a 512x512 map and place in each corner Ahua (sp) Island. now with 4 of the same "pearl Harbor" islands on the same map, the allied would not know which Island would be attacked.  Allied radar and dar OFF, the allied cannot "UP" until the axis drop thier first bomb or torp. Eliminate MOST AI ack and guns and make them mannable.

NUTTZ