Author Topic: Steal My Kills, I Don't Care.  (Read 162 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Steal My Kills, I Don't Care.
« on: April 07, 2002, 01:17:20 AM »
Go ahead, steal my "kills".
I don't care.
In the CT or the MA, if I am engaged, feel free to join in.
I probably need the help, and certainly won't complain if you blast a guy that I'm working on.
There's a fair chance I'm about to overshoot if I'm in an E-fighter.
And there's a fair chance that he'll run away if I'm in a turn fighter.
I'm all for the team effort thing anyway.
Maximum chance of survival for all countrymen is what it was all about in real life.
I'm fine with that idea in here too.
Credit is secondary.
He's dead, we're alive, move on.

Or if you want to go find some fresh meat... no problem, I understand.

If I blast a guy's wing off and he's floppin down like a maple leaf, and you really feel the need to hose some more lead into him, go ahead.
I probably will get a little ticked at this, for about 5 seconds.
Then, I'll forget about it.
I'll soon be doing something else and will quickly forget about the extra lead, as well as your name.  
In time, you'll get over it.

I'm havin fun either way.

Any one else?

eskimo

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2002, 01:53:39 AM »
Ditto on the first count, care even less on the second count.  Once I've deemed his aircraft unable to sustain flight the kill is recorded in my head...I could care less what it says in the buffer.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Re: Steal My Kills, I Don't Care.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2002, 07:06:08 AM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
If I blast a guy's wing off and he's floppin down like a maple leaf, and you really feel the need to hose some more lead into him, go ahead.

That will probably cost E/alt, which is later missing when dealing with the next con. Therefor it's a bad thing.

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
Re: Re: Steal My Kills, I Don't Care.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2002, 09:17:09 AM »
Originally posted by ccvi

That will probably cost E/alt, which is later missing when dealing with the next con. Therefor it's a bad thing.

I know it, You Know it, other ppl who fly AH for some time know it... But You can tellit to the MA dweebs all the time to no avail well lets just hope they will 'grow up' one day :D Or let them play the way they like it coz its their money they pay for the game... And if those guys are flying for the 'other' side than you do you should actually encourage them to do so because lots of low and slow cons never hurts ;)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2002, 10:10:19 AM »
Just don't clear my 12 and I don't care what you do.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2002, 12:41:38 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2002, 01:21:37 PM »
same.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2002, 03:30:29 PM »
Dont care about multiple AC engaging my target, but please dont fire on said AC after he is falling to the ground...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2002, 07:57:46 AM »
Ditto Eskimo, though I personally hold back myself if I see someone is not in trouble, I don't dive in for the kill...I always encourage others in my squadron to "kill it, just don't cut me off so I kill shoot myself!"

Offline rob53

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2002, 03:30:29 PM »
Good post Eskimo!  gree wit ya! :D

Rob53
The Flying Circus
rob53
The Flying Circus

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2002, 04:50:44 AM »
I surely have stolen kills a few times and I am sincerely sorry for that. I had played for some time before somebody said anything. I just didn't realize ther was some kind of a code in engagements! Sorry for that but I'm a newbie, please be patient. :(

I find it hard not to engage a fight even if there is a 2 or 3 on 1 situtation but I also find it hard not to engage if there is one of ours and what ever amount of bandits... :)

What I do not understand are the a55holez who shoot falling planes which are clearly someone else's kills!  Or maybe they feel I have stolen their kill and are just getting it back that way... :confused:

Dunno.

-Charge+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2002, 05:08:28 AM »
Originally posted by Charge
What I do not understand are the a55holez who shoot falling planes which are clearly someone else's kills!  Or maybe they feel I have stolen their kill and are just getting it back that way...

Well this is the only thing that really drives me crazy when i fly. When I fight someone and some people join the chase and they spray him 'over my shoulder' i dont really care who gets the kill as lomg as they dont fly through my airplane making me killshoot myself. But If i kill someone and hes spiraling down and some dweebs dives after him and makes him go boom geting the kill thats what I really hate. Why? Because I fly Yak-9U a lot and you dont have that much ammo in this plane to shoot them always to bits... I leave him alone as soon as I see his tail go off or wing or elevators, rudder etc. So if hes in unflyable condition I move on... But with newbies around I think 'stealing' will occour no matter how hard you try to educate them... And I think that some ppl just enjoy sthe stealing too much to cease doing it anyway...

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2002, 09:31:59 AM »
One of the biggest benifits/rewards to flying without tracers on is that I can frag all sorts of dismembered cons and steal the kill without anyone being really sure if I fired me guns or not  hehe....

I usually avoid doing this but when the mood strikes me, I can be just as much a corn holing dweeb as any of ewe.

And remember to:
RELAX, its just a game.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2002, 01:50:50 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2002, 12:51:48 PM »
A red plane is fair game for anybody as far as I'm concerned.

But if I somehow manage to actually shoot a plane down (they sometimes fly in front of me when I'm shooting) and the pilot bails --stay away!  That chute's mine. :)
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2002, 02:26:31 PM »
No kidding Myelo.  You can have the plane, but the pilot's mine.  I'd rather save my ammo for chutes anyway, shooting planes is a waste.