Author Topic: AH Has Changed  (Read 125 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
AH Has Changed
« on: April 06, 2002, 08:03:01 PM »
AH has changed, for the better.

After some feedback/Bug reports, got AHV to work. Nice. Actually, it is huge. Did some fights were you could make planned attacks with total strangers which was a hoot. Plus, it’s all very audibly  clear.

The numbers for the MA are of course WAY up. Not that the days with Wardog and Kbman in a late night weren’t fun, as ever bogie was a big time pro fight, but the masses of newbies are a nice target range, although who is “good” is still pretty much anonymous.

The features are in place, period.

I got $10 the next release is mostly aircraft,(as it SHOULD BE) and a bomber set with AI.

You heard it here first.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
AH Has Changed
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2002, 08:12:47 PM »
AH has grown quite a bit in the last 6 months. Ive been busy with travel and work and am now back at my late night flying. Lots on latenite now too.

Havent figured out how to get AH voice working,but will hit the readme files this weekend to figure it out..

Cyas up..

Dog out.................

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
AH Has Changed
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2002, 07:02:55 AM »
Aces High has changed so much in the last year, its no surprise to see it scoop so many well deserved awards from such well known sim sites such as SimHQ and Combatsim. These sites are based on real objective reviews by a panel who review every game and not some joke poll vote which can so easily be rigged.

AHVoice for me and my squad has to be one of the best additions to Aces High, it transforms the arena and a real joy to use. The community has grown by a huge ammount, again testament to what HTC are doign with this sim compared to their competition. One the whole the increased community has been a good thing despite a few problems the arena's are full, there's always someone to fly against and with the increased numbers more arena's with varying setups like the CT have become viable.

Seeing the positive way AH has grown over the last year you can't help but have a good feeling for what's yet to come, its going to be interesting times ahead

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Eh..
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2002, 11:14:25 PM »
Natedog and Superfly have been busy cranking out new aircraft as you can tell by the screenshots they’ve posted so far.

We’ve set high goals in this area and want to see more new airplanes in this version than any other version we’ve done.

Sweet.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2002, 11:16:34 PM by Creamo »

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
AH Has Changed
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2002, 12:07:16 AM »
The quote I preferred is this one:

We’ve set high goals in this area and want to see more new airplanes in this version than any other version we’ve done. Most of the new planes will be from the war in the Pacific.

For me, I'm happy because it's gonna concentrate on the Pacific.  But also, this will have to mean a great increase in the Japanese planeset.  

Just recently I basically had a two month vacation from Aces High and coming back the biggest change I notice are even more Spits flying around than before!  And...in many of my readings of air-battles from WW2, air-battles were described that in just moments after two large forces came in contact and began to battle, the fight spreads out into individual battles and the sky basically empties.  This doesn't happen in the MA and there's always someone around higher and faster than you and so the bit of "quakeness" seems to have increased with the larger player numbers.  Nothing is ever perfect and having said that, I still find Aces High the best bang-for-the-buck!