Author Topic: Leave the MA alone  (Read 680 times)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
Leave the MA alone
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
well hblair u have a point... I don't use the mission planner.   I don't do missions and I don't fly bombers.   I don't drop bombs either.   i don't think you have to do these things to comment on the fact that bombs are wrong.  blast radius, bomb sights, bomb accuracy and the targets  are all beyond silly.   if i am wrong so be it but i di see the effect of bombs in AH.

Gameplay?   Missions?  all missions are gamey, unrealistic and childish in AH.   Only  quakers would participate.   That's fine but ya gotta leave the word "sim" out of the missions and the bombers.  Until the bombers, bombs and targets are made more realistic... there is no point in even trying them out.  The most cursory glance (the only kind I have done) at the "missions", and "bombers", bombs, bomb sights and targets will be sufficient for most people.

Go ahead, do the quake strat thing but don't try to pass it off as "historical" or realistic or even good gameplay.   capture the flag and shutting down fighter operations without capturing a field  is not realistic or good gameplay.  A lone high alt bomber destroying fighter operations at a feild is not good gameplay.   You don't have to drop many virtual bombs to figure that one out.
lazs