Author Topic: Well?  (Read 572 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Well?
« on: April 07, 2002, 08:59:56 PM »
Was flying an F4u1d today offa CV 54. In attack mode. several of us were attacking the port. suddenly, no warning, a CM flying for the opposite side shuts down the F4u1d on the CV54.[/i]

Why?

Is it routine for CM's to use their godlike powers in the middle of an attack sequence to change the rules? When they are losing? When it's convienient?

I'm disgusted.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Well?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 08:42:44 AM »
Hangtime, I apologize for not announcing that change on the blue channel.  If it somehow disrupted your operations, it was not intentional.  I had announced the change in a post here, but admit I should have announced it on the CM channel before actually making the change.  As I recall, I only had a few moments to make the change.  Frankly, I was sure someone would come on and beg for me to hold off for X-amount of time so they could get just one more sortie in...I didn't have the time for that, so just made the change quick and dirty.  Next time, I'll try to give advance warning in real time.  I also didn't think it would be that big of a deal, since each CV would still have a good fighter-bomber left after I changed them.  I really didn't think it would phase anyone flying a F4U to switch to the F6F after dying/rtb, or vice versa.  Again, sorry if it inconvenienced you.

Sabre
CT Staff
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Well?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2002, 10:52:12 AM »
Thanks Sabre.. appreciate your getting back to me on this.

At the time, I was hoppin mad. really. Saw three CM's on line, nobody was 'fessin up.. one of 'em was Buzz and he gave me the 'historical' line. needless to say i was less than charmed.

in any case, it's done, and i apologise to all fer my rants in the CT.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Well?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2002, 12:26:36 PM »
Hang, remember that the CT staff and the CM staff are not the same thing.  Only Hblair was on both staffs, and now he's resigned from the CT staff.

Point is if you see me or another CM member, we have nothing at all to do with the CT arena other than flying in it.  We can't even change the slightest setting in there.  :)

Honestly, I don't see why the change would make the slightest difference in the outcome.  The ordnance difference in the Hellcat and DHog is a mere two 5 inch HVARs.  When I'm in a Zeke, I don't treat the Hellcat or Hog any differently.  Both are faster than me, both roll better at speed than me,  and both have a fantastic instantaneous turn, and both are packing 6 0.50 cal MGs.  I can climb better, and I can out turn them in the long term.  As a Jap pilot in the CT setup, it doesn't bother me one bit to have both Hellcats and Hogs available from the same CV.  Like I said, I don't see how it'd chance the balance at all, still takes 1 of each to take out a hangar or 4 of each to sink a CV.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Well?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2002, 12:29:24 PM »
Actually brady is the only one who is not on both staffs Nifty. Both Sabre and Buzzbait are CM's too unless something changed recently.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Well?
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2002, 01:21:42 PM »
i thought buzz had stepped down so he could work on IS.

Sabre is on the CM team?
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Well?
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2002, 01:34:55 PM »
Actually, I'm on extended leave from the CM Corp.  I just don't have time to give both the attention they deserve.  I hope to be back running snapshots in the not too distant future (if they'll have me back:)).

Sabre
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Well?
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2002, 02:47:05 PM »
Nifty, as you can see, not even the CM team is sure who's who and supposed to be doin what. How in hell am I supposed ta keep 'em straight?

As for the plane change.. so kind of you to decide for me what I wanna fly, when I'm flyin it. Frankly, my stick scaling; views, gunsight and other details for the f6f were lost on the last reinstall of the sim.. and I'd just finished wasting 20 min of vertical time setting up the F4u's, sortied it once, then *zap* it was gone. So i was pissed!

...at home, or abroad.