Author Topic: My P-40 Paint Scheme Poll  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Viper17

• Nickel Member
My P-40 Paint Scheme Poll
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2002, 12:12:08 AM »
KEEP THIS THRED GOING MABY HITECH WILL NOTICE:D :p :D :p :D :p :rolleyes: :eek:

Offline Sixter

• Zinc Member
P-40B AVG FLYING TIGERS
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2002, 02:54:58 AM »
The P-40 is a GREAT AIRPLANE,yes it need's to be in Aces High!!
This airplane has worn many faces in it's lifetime! Everyone has
there favorite! Let's remember who made this airplane into a
legend, who put it in the history book's, who were the Hero's
of a proud nation!! The AVG Flying Tiger's!! The AVG flew the
P-40 B Model. They drove the Japaneese from China with the B
model!! The P-40 B with it's shark mouth and wicked eye's is
the airplane that everybody knows!! So AH if we get this proud
bird let's salute the the Men and their plane that made history!
The GREAT "AMERICAN VOLUNTEER GROUP" and there P-40B.

Sixter

Offline illo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2002, 01:18:46 PM »
Sixter calm down. Not everyone knows flying tigers. Not everyone thinks handful of american pilots drove Japanese out of China. That may not be the case in US...but have you ever thought why?

It's cool paintjob. And I believe it was flown by good pilots, but...

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2002, 06:55:38 PM »
But the majority of players of this game are American, and the majority of Americans who know anything about WWII fighters know about the Flying Tigers. John Wayne even made a cute movie about them.

US gringos love their John Wayne heros and their US dollars go toward anything that lets them live out their John Wayne fantasies. We have every right to get excited about things we love, whether you know them or love them yourself :D

I am all for adding every World II plane in every conceivable variant and paint scheme, but in a WWII flight sim being marketed to Americans, the P-40B in AVG markings should be a pretty high priority for an early war planeset as evidenced by the number and length of threads about the P-40 in this BB alone. The only American aircraft that would be of equal importance would be the F4F. When the P-40B is added, it would make sense to add the F4F, A6M2, and the Oscar as well. Could this be the theme for AH 1.10? Early Pacific!

I think if any aircraft is more deserving to be added to the planeset than the P-40B, it is the Ju87. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, "World War II" conjures up an image of the Ju87 diving on Poland with sirens screaming and fat German POW camp guards who like apple studel and know nothing.

Of course, there is plenty of room for Finnish variants of F2A Buffalos, British Gladiators, French De.520s, or any other plane most Americans have never seen or heard of.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline illo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2002, 08:56:29 PM »
US gringos love their John Wayne heros and their US dollars go toward anything that lets them live out their John Wayne fantasies.

ROFL! I guess you gotta have the point there. :)

What about John Wayne modeled in her cockpit?(imagine pilot leaning to side window frame) I guess I would like to have one too.