Author Topic: Kills vs Assists  (Read 371 times)

Offline kraquen

• Zinc Member
Kills vs Assists
« on: April 08, 2002, 09:51:49 AM »
I'm currently at 57 kills 32 assists..  and I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong..

I was chasing a spit9 last night that had no visible damage..
I was close enough to see his ailerons/elevators and his paint job..
he goes into a vertical maneuver and stalls, so i get a good long shot right at the top of his plane..
he looses an entire wing (not just the tip) and has all sorts of smoke coming from his plane...
about 5 seconds later when he hits the ground, I get an assist!

I usually fly a spitV .. am I doing something wrong here? are the .303's hurting me?

Thanks,
ka

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Kills vs Assists
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 10:44:23 AM »
Kills are awarded to the person who does the "most" damage to a target GV or aircraft.  Since you mention that you are flying with the .303 Spit I'm guessing that you are not landing many cannon rounds and simply plinking the target with your .303's.  They don't do a lot of damage, thus someone comes along with a cannon bird and actually puts more damage into the con than you did and they get the kill.  It's not perfect, but arguments could be made that it is the most "fair" method.  

If you were hitting regularily with the hispanos on the SpitV I'd be surprised to see you get as many assists.  Try and fire only the hispanos if at all possible, the .303's offer very little additional hitting power unless you are at almost perfect convergence settings with your target and you manage to hold him still long enough to land a fair number of rounds.

-Soda
The Assassins.

Offline kraquen

• Zinc Member
Kills vs Assists
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2002, 10:51:04 AM »
That was my understanding (he who does most damage).. but i've seen several kills where it seems like i did by far the most damage go to assists..

I'll take your advice though, and only use the hispanos.. I pretty much consider myself out of ammo when i'm out of cannon rounds anyway..

Thanks,
ka

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Kills vs Assists
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2002, 11:17:12 AM »
kraquen, an example, I put a lot of 20mm hits in a LANC wing, but not enough to cut it in half, then you put a single 20mm ping and the wing breaks in pieces. You have done the "visual" damage, but the kill will be mine.