Author Topic: Tunisia This Friday!  (Read 3597 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2002, 10:54:09 AM »
They were fully operational, One problem was the runways which were used as the bridge is slightly transparent, so you could see PT boats slitely threw the bridge, you could also fire threw the runway and kill the tank or PT boat below/above you. HiTech didn't want his paying customers to complain or subject them to NOTHING but THE BEST!!!! And I can't blame him. I'm sure Bridges will come to AH someday.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by TheOxman
why didnt they let you keep the bridges?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2002, 12:55:34 PM »
I have a source that indactaes that indacates that P51 dive bombers with the 27th and 86th Fighter-Dive bomber Groops of the NW African Airforce at Rasel Ma in French Moracco Aprial 43 were operational and took part in the fighting.

Aprial 9 1943 first mishion by USAAF P-51 takes place over Tunisia.

Nov 14th 42,the First and the 14th FG transfer from Englad to North Africa, apearentaly their were many sorties and mishion types flow by them, the book goes on to list a ton of stuff realting their exploits. Aparentaly the Pacific P 38 units had to wait the conclushion of fighting in NA for replacements do to the presing nead for the type in NA.

Source's for above info: Americas Hundred-Thousand by Francis H. Dean

The reasion I am alowing P 51's and P 38's is because the type did see service in NA maybe not the exact same model. In the case of these two planes I realy feal that they will not unbalence the plane set they will not be available everywhere and will be representave of US aircraft that were in theater. Much like the LA-5FN and the Yak 9t on the Stalengrad map neither of which saw combat over Stalengrad and did not enter service untill a few months later, they like the US planes listed above are all I have to work with and will be left in the game. The 109G-6 we have is way out of context because of it's aramement and would tend to imbalence the plane set.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2002, 07:39:46 PM »
this from a source i consider to be 100% reliable when it comes to questions about ww2 planes... it's a guy who has all sorts of resources and materials an docnnections.  this what he had to say about the p51/a36 issue...

"A36s of the 86th FG in March 1943  followed by the 27th FG in June 1943.  35
P51A/F6A (Modified for recon) Mustangs were shipped to North Africa in March
43 as well, serving with the 111th and 154th Tac Recon Squadrons of the 68th
Observation Group.

No Merlins until Italy :) "

Dan

but.... it's not realllll important, it'd just be nice to have the 51B and 38L be challenged by it's contemporary, the 109g6 for playability.

how about resetting CT tour for this portion so we can see how planes stack up against each other?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2002, 09:22:02 PM »
fyi the g2 is faster and climbs better then the g6. The g6 only allows for 30mm option.

109g6 really wouldn't make a fek of difference when trying to run down a p51b or p38. now a g10 :)

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2002, 09:11:35 AM »
This looks like it is gonna be great!  The VF27 will have to trade in our trusty f6fs for seafires though.  

As far as the 51b and 38L debate, the 190 a5 is a far better ride anyway.  

Are these two going to be limited to a couple of bases?  Or would that upset 'ahhemm' a certain member of the community more?

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2002, 11:28:56 AM »
fly anyplane you want!   As i ground assualt your base.

NUTTZ

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2002, 12:29:44 PM »
UUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM ErgRTC?

If you think the 190 A5 is far better then those two you gotto be doing something wrong with em. Both the P51B and P38 can outturn and EASILY outrun the 190 A5. 190 A5 is better in dives then the P38 and better in roll then both but that's it.

Both those two are allso faster and better at all aswell as faster at the deck.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2002, 12:38:53 PM »
wilbus, I use the 190a5 as a bnz only plane.  Whenever I fly it, I stay out of the furball and use it in fast dives.  Furballing in one is possible, but I dont like to.  p51 is way to squirrelly for me.  I also like the infinite ammo supply and good gas mileage.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2002, 12:40:27 PM »
oh and the main reason is the level at which it is ranked in the MA (only place I fly it, or used to I should say).  It is ranked pretty low so its great for building perks and not giving them to p51 pilots....

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2002, 01:08:51 PM »
I like the A5, and have always furballed in it. That doesn't mean I always live, but it is a good ride, and the sweetest handling of all the 190s we have.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2002, 12:37:30 AM »
Mustangs and 190A-5 and 109G-2 but no Spit 9.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2002, 04:00:27 AM »
Yes it is the sweatest handeling 190 we have, it is great and really good B&Z but both the P51b and P38l hold energy longer, P38 alot worse in high speeds but it is faster in level speed at most alts. Both the P51 and P38 turn alot better.

I will take my 190 over any other plane any day, I love it.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2002, 08:27:25 AM »
cc wil, but the p-38 and the p-51 are not very convenient to use unless in the very northern part of the map. So the axis really enjoy an AC superiority in this one. OK by me really.

We were chatting last night about the planeset in the CT. I was wondering why the Spit9 wasn't enabled. It was certainly operational during this period of time. I was also wondering about the Typhoon. I know ours is a later model but early model typhoons were operational in '42?  Buzz was there and stated that typhoons and spit('s were not in theatre.  I am not so sure. I know P-40's were there for the 27th FS in NA.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2002, 09:58:00 AM »
I think you nailed your own answer, Ammo. I might be mistaken, but Tunisia didn't see Spit IXs this soon. Spit Vs made up the bulk of the commonwealth forces, correct?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2002, 10:14:14 AM »
I'm with Wotan- the G2 is a better fighter for this theatre. IMHO the A5 is the best all-around fighter in the theatre anyway.