Author Topic: Tunisia This Friday!  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2002, 12:17:22 PM »
wow. look at the dweebs roll out.
So what I fly is irrelivent. how is what brady flys relevent then?
A few of the plane selections and vehicle selections are silly. If pointing that out is a crime..
GUILTY
lol
I really would dearly love to hear the noise if the opposite selections were made...

because you stated that brady was adding allied planes for some reason and it a made the allied planeset "unbalancing". You said said that. I was pointing out that brady would have no reason to do this. See your quote below.

I just think its hillarios that the game can be fudged in advance for the Allied players

Your points are roadkill

What you fly is irrelevant but where you fly is 16 min in two months in the ct hardly makes your opinion of any value.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2002, 01:54:54 PM »
So last month did only the three guys that flew in the CT get to comment on it? Im a real rare bird in this game..no time in the CT.

I have played there a night or two in the past and had a blast doing it. I am glad that you guys are enjoying it and that more people are playing there. I support the concept and value the work that people do to keep it going.

Only reason I ended up here was becase I was misquoted by Karnak. Get your cheerleaders in line.
Its a ton of work. wtg Brady and Nutz

real shame to add planes that at the designers and cheerleaders own admission, do not ever show up in the arena. Yet their existance must be at best made excuses for.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2002, 02:08:23 PM »
The fun factor in the current CT outweighs any perception you may have of unbalancing planes ie P51B and P38L.
I have flown both sides succesfully even flew the P51B around the map getting some kills one time, on the other hand i have succesfully killed the P51B everytime i have met one 1v1 .
Yea it is common to actually find a 1v1 fight in the CT :)
Point being the planeset although not 100% accurate is certainly not unbalancing.
I actually believe the Axis have the upper hand with this planeset if you discount the P51 and P38 which are so rare i count myself lucky if i see one.
109 and 190 v the spits and hurri's is a regular slaughterhouse :)
Well it is if you know how to fight em anyway.
Having great fun in this CT the only one so far that has completely kept me away from the MA.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2002, 02:44:51 PM »
I am very happy so many people are having fun in the CT this week NUTTZ's map is a wonder indead. Thank you all for your suport:)

NUTTZ's is curentaly working on another map for us all, The Kuriel Is. It will be coming Later this Spring:)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2002, 04:59:10 PM »
Pongo, I haven't attacked you for your opinion. I don't expect you to have flown a long time (in the CT) to have a valid opinion. I have merely taken another viewpoint.

What I do find a bit distressing is you interpreting Brady's intent when you do not have a reasonable cause to do so. He point-blank told you what he was doing and why he did it. I have flown extensively on both sides and I believe he has succeeded in doing just what he stated he wished to accomplish. Sure I have to squint my eyes a bit, but it is no different than any scenario that has been assembled before. He's making do, and he's done a good job of balancing history with gameplay IMHO.

Oops, I'm a cheerleader now.

I keep telling you to fly it. If you choose not to, that is your choice. If the concessions are too great for your liking, I can't blame you for staying out. No problems.

But you have no right to read Brady's mind. Where has Brady shown a lack of integrity to the degree you should question his motivation, especially if he has offered a reasonable explanation? Sure, I could see it if he had some history of being duplicitous, but has he? I don't think so. Therefore, and until I am given reason to believe otherwise, I will take at face value his explanation for the way things are- especially since my experience with the arena agrees with his statement.

My point is simple; it's getting to the point the volunteers are going to stop volunteering. I haven't seen a single volunteer effort lately (last month or two) that hasn't resulted in the volunteer getting kicked in the teeth. It's getting old.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2002, 05:39:21 PM »
From an A-5 drivers point of view...

The LW has a large advantage due to the Spit V drivers tendency to want only to mix it up on the ground.  That allows no-talent-BNZ-vulching-dweeds such as myself to do our thing more or less unhindered.  

On the other hand, have three Spits cruise around over the furball below at 15K (having made a pact before hand not to drop below 5k or so) and things get ugly for us poor Luftwhiners in a hurry.

(Edited 'cause I made no sense.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2002, 10:18:12 AM by HFMudd »

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2002, 06:20:38 PM »
Keiren.
You are correct.
Brady I am sorry.
You can all take it out on me in the CT tonight..

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2002, 06:40:14 PM »
Teeth? they have teeth left?   PIGPILE ON THE CT TEAM!!!

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Kieran
I haven't seen a single volunteer effort lately (last month or two) that hasn't resulted in the volunteer getting kicked in the teeth. It's getting old.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2002, 07:37:22 PM »
S! Pongo, you're good people. :D

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2002, 08:09:08 PM »
S!

Yep, it`s definitely true.   A Spit V ain`t much down low against an A5, but get it up over 15k and suddenly the A5 starts to suck for air.  And the gap between climb and speed narrows a bit.

Spits are better high up, despite all the dweebs who prefer to hang around at 1000 ft looking to be vulched.

Of course, then the 109G2 starts coming into its own too up there...  ;)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2002, 03:53:51 AM »
Thanks Kieran, Wotan, NUTTZ, and all the little people:)

And ty Pongo.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2002, 05:34:47 PM »
About Spit 9s, they were used heavily in Tunisia in 1943.  I haven't done any specific research but I know for sure that 31st FG and 145 Sqn and Polish Fighting Team had them.  The Germans knew they were there too, and there was a 109 driver (I forget his name) who earned a repuation for being able to shoot down Spit 9s.  I'm sure a more thorough research effort would uncover more units using the Mk. IX.  It's true that Spit 5 was still the primary RAF day fighter during the fighting in Tunisia in 1943, but there were plenty of Spit 9s.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2002, 05:39:57 PM by funkedup »

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2002, 05:57:53 PM »
Probably not on the cards, but I'd like to see it run another full week with the planeset tweaks as they are now.

TTFN
snafu

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2002, 06:38:06 PM »
from feb to april the only reference I have to the spit 9 being used in that time frame was no 72 squadron who was stationed in malta.

We are not dealing with the entire 1943 year we are concerned with feb to the beginning of april. I really dont care if they are there or not. But I havent found 1 reference to spit ixs being stationed at any base in north afrika over the given time.

Now granted we have made concessions particularly on the us (actually on every us plane) the 190a5 march 43 III./SKG 10 (schnelleskampfgeschwader : fast bomber group). They were used as fast strike jabos against armor.

III./SKG10

Show 1 base where the spit 9 operated between feb april 1943 and brady said he would add it. He may add it anyway. If he does I would recommend the 205 be available as well.

Ideally an a36/p51 1 and early 38s p40s and b25s would be great then we would not worry about subs.

fyi

Royal Air Force, Middle East 23 October 1942

Western Desert Air Force 23 October 1942

I am still searching for a 1943 oob for the western desert RAF

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Tunisia This Friday!
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2002, 07:09:51 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
from feb to april the only reference I have to the spit 9 being used in that time frame was no 72 squadron who was stationed in malta.

We are not dealing with the entire 1943 year we are concerned with feb to the beginning of april. I really dont care if they are there or not. But I havent found 1 reference to spit ixs being stationed at any base in north afrika over the given time.

Now granted we have made concessions particularly on the us (actually on every us plane) the 190a5 march 43 III./SKG 10 (schnelleskampfgeschwader : fast bomber group). They were used as fast strike jabos against armor.

III./SKG10

Show 1 base where the spit 9 operated between feb april 1943 and brady said he would add it. He may add it anyway. If he does I would recommend the 205 be available as well.

Ideally an a36/p51 1 and early 38s p40s and b25s would be great then we would not worry about subs.

fyi

Royal Air Force, Middle East 23 October 1942

Western Desert Air Force 23 October 1942

I am still searching for a 1943 oob for the western desert RAF

Kieren has already found this--

Although the bulk of Spitfires supplied to Africa in the initial months of the war were predominantly Mark Vs, in February 1943 No 72 Squadron was re-equipped with Mark IXs from Gibraltar, and within six months became the highest-scoring unit.

and this--

In September 1942, the Squadron moved to North Africa to support the Tunisian campaign before moving on to Malta the following year with the updated Spitfire IX.

why would the axis need the 205 as a counter? The 190A was there evidently and certainly as capable. I personally think that without the spit9, the 190A should be removed or restricted to 3-4 bases in the north-east corner of the map.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011