Author Topic: Prop Drag; Prop Modeling  (Read 889 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« on: January 27, 2000, 11:29:00 AM »
 WHAT PROP MODELING?

It's kinda cute tho.. only prop sim I've ever flown that would allow a belly strike without even fazing the engine/prop.   Ditch gear up with the prop spinning.. and skooch back onto the runway.. I kinda like it. I'll miss this unique feature.

WHAT PROP DRAG??

This one intrests me.. As i recall; prop and engine controls were to be a major feature of the sim.. I know it's "on the list".. but WHERE on the list??

And this ones not meant to annoy.. BUT! We know when we gotta pay.. be nice to know WHEN we're gonna see the 'List of Things we intend to Do/Change/Improve/ in the very very very near future'... Some kind of interiem progress report from the developer is in order... before pay fer play day!

Is this unreasonable??

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2000, 12:01:00 PM »
Near future new Items. Not in any particular order.

1. Terrain editor release.
2. Mutiple joystick support.
3. Prop drag.
4. Manifold pressure gauge.
5. H2H Play.

HiTech

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2000, 12:13:00 PM »
It's not a mis-modeling.....it's a high powered bobsled  

------------------
-Rebel 487th Lil' Bastards

System:
PIII 450
160mb 100mhz SDRAM
Diamond Monster MX300 (sound)
Diamond Viper V770 TNT2 Ultra 32mb (video)
(controls follow)
TM F-22 Pro (stick)
TM F-16 TQS (throttle)
TM Elite Pedals (rudder)

"You rebel scum"

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2000, 01:37:00 PM »
Good list there HT.

All the items will be helpful/improve my fun.

------------------
LLv34 Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34

Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

HaHa

Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2000, 01:55:00 PM »
Erm... I don't see vehicle development on that list. I swear, if you guys implement vehicles the resulting $$ would pay you back tenfold.. 99% of the users could care less about prop drag.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2000, 02:01:00 PM »
Right on the money Haha..

Why? Is that to please the H2H crowd? I personally would have no use for it, whatever you have up is what I fly.

2."Mutiple joystick support."
Force them all to buy either TM or CH gear, then invest in these companies.  

3. "Prop drag."
What HaHa said: Vehicles=Cash for HTC

4. "Manifold pressure gauge."
This is needed, should be easy eh?

5. "H2H Play."
Probably a good thing to have so folks can try out the sim prior to signing up, a good business decision.

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Defected~)
"There is no reason anyone would
want a computer in their home."
   Ken Olson, president, chairman and
founder of Digital Equipment Corp.,1977

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2000, 02:40:00 PM »
HaHa:

I thought I read somewhere that this is going to be a sim, short for simulation, meaning realistic to life without the real thing.  This means the planes should react exactly the same way they do in real life, and without prop drag this is a few steps under sim.

Another thing that IMHO needs added is a prop feathering feature for Forts.  I have read that without being able to feather a dead prop it had the tendency to windmill off the spinner usually striking the fuselage at the most inappropriate place, ie. the cockpit.  Would be a great touch once the prop drag is added  

Rocket

------------------
The Red Dragons
Fierce and Bold
With Honour and Courage

Offline Gator

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dragon-isle.net/kwilhite/keith.html
Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2000, 04:13:00 PM »
Why? Is that to please the H2H crowd? I personally would have no use for it, whatever you have up is what I fly.

If this is to support "historical" scenario development, I'm eagerly looking forward to it!  

2."Mutiple joystick support."
Force them all to buy either TM or CH gear, then invest in these companies.

I believe this is to provide support for multiple USB controllers, as HT posted in the hardware forum.  CH has a "combo driver" due out "real soon now", but my suspicion is that it will only support CH products.

Anyway, my take on the situation is that multiple USB controllers will only become more prevalent in the future, so this is a good enhancement.  'Course, my opinion is not influenced at all by the fact that I have a set of CH USB Pro Pedals that are presently sitting idle ...  

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2000, 04:25:00 PM »
Thanks HiTech!

Good items all; and very good to know whats comming up in the near future.. thank you again for taking the time to keep us all informed..

Salute!

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

funked

Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2000, 05:46:00 PM »
Thx HT!  Can't wait to see the prop and engine models in their glory, putting you yet another step ahead of their competition.

Also the terrain editor gets a big thumbs up.  Scenarios and the HA are the only thing keeping my WB account open at this point.  If you release a terrain editor you will see a lot of that action coming to AH.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Prop Drag; Prop Modeling
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2000, 09:30:00 AM »
Hey prop drag is the key to making this game something other than another SWOTL ripoff.  Go for it.
And the terrain editor is just sensible.  A small internet company needs to take advantage of the active and interested community.