Author Topic: vehicle speed V's mountain V's computer  (Read 299 times)

Offline phentop

• Zinc Member
vehicle speed V's mountain V's computer
« on: April 10, 2002, 10:39:08 AM »
This was noticed a couple days ago...
 While driving an M6 from a spawn point - the driver crossed a road  and noticed a convoy coming up on him. With nothing to worry about since it was a freindly convoy he took position in behind the convoy and was running 45 - 50 mph. The convoy approched a mountain and without slowing went right up the mountain. He was .250 behind the convoy on the same road
and was keeping a steady pace with the convoy UNTIL he started his climb (still on the road - still behind the convoy) and then had to drop into 1st gear and at 8mph watch as the convoy dissapears up the mountain never loosing speed.....

Whats good for the goose should be good for the gander......

Computer cheats are Kool, but hey let me use em to. As long as
I stay on a road I should get the same treatment as the
computer

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2002, 12:19:25 PM »
supply convoys pretty much have to hold a schedule, such that base rebuild time is the same no matter the terrain.

Sure this isn't too realistic, but its not a big deal.

An armored vehicle can't maintain speed up the grades in AH just as in reality, no matter the terrain.

Although... kinda weird when halftracks can climb easier in reverse...

SKurj

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2002, 02:01:22 PM »
What I have read is that the convoy/train movement is a constant within the program, so no matter where the convoy spawn point is, it will take 10 minutes to travel from spawn point to the base town for example. That is why hills have no effect. Until HiTech and crew get around to changing the code that controls those movements, don't count on them being treated as an equal.

So, what has been observed by some of the talented AH map makers, are convoys/trains that have a ground speed of over 500 mph !!! :eek:

As far as other issues with GV movement (having to back up a hill in an M3 !!!), and HTC's track record, I believe that HTC will definitely get around to fixing those in the immediate future.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline phentop

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2002, 12:52:29 PM »
Thnx for the responce. As I already knew the answer, just wanted others input.., the more input the more likely to get things on the drawing board for improvment.. It's not a perfect game but it's sure is the closest I've found to date....Good job AH

BROWN The Four Horsemen

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2002, 01:04:32 PM »
500 MPH?!  Man.  I didn't realize maglev was so common back in the 1940s.  :D

When do I get to strap some captured RATOs on my Lanc?

When is HT going to add a golf course texture to the map?
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&