Author Topic: A little note on fuel management  (Read 623 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
A little note on fuel management
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2000, 02:18:00 PM »

"I say as the 523rd rated pilot, screw everyone, you score turds. Score means nothing, right?

I will kill every chute, stay outta the silk if you don't want to whine.

:0) This is a blast...soory.

"
Hes not kidding....

There are people here who let guys that are out of fuel ditch?...wow.
What form of combat doenst involve degrading the otherguys ac until you have an insermountable advantage? thats like not attacking because you have alt.
Runing some one out of fuel is a specific and effective tactic in the 51. So is turning off the engine of your G10 and playing possum...
Love my new sig...

------------------
"Stupids are like flies. they are everywere, but are easy to kill"
RAM

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2000, 02:22:00 PM »
The other day, around A13, I engaged 'Warchild' flying a LA5. After a couple of passes I made his engine smoke black. I saw him diving for the ditch. I guess I was in a good mood, we had a nice little fight, I decided to let him ditch.
He actually dived to A13, all guns on, and vulched 2 friendlies rolling on runway before crashing on the tarmac.
The funny part is that he 'teased me' on channel 1 telling something like:' because of ur incompetence in pursuing a dogfight, two of your countrymen died'. So let me sum-up, you kill someone ditching he insults you. You let someone ditch, he insults you. ttssss....kids.  
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2000, 02:28:00 PM »
Hiya Santa  

I've always been conservative about fuel. I'd rather have too much, than to run out when I need it the most. I usually load up a drop tank on my Spitfire, and take 50% or 75% internal fuel. I use the drop tank fuel for grabbin and getting to the fight. Then I release my drop tank and start fighting on internal fuel.

I don't fight until empty, because to me a successful mission is bringing my bird home. I always keep a watchful eye on fuel, and try to leave myself an avenue of escape in case I run low during a fight.

I pretty much agree with Leonid, everything is fair game to me, except for chutes.

When I bail out, I assume every plane near me has Creamo in the cockpit, so I wait until about 400ft to pull the ripcord. Never been shot in the chute yet!  

------------------

"Turning Knight & Bishop sheep into lamb chops since 1999"

[This message has been edited by banana (edited 05-30-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2000, 02:40:00 PM »
Lesse, Creamo, from California...Lazs from California...do I see a pattern here?  

Signed, Ripsnort (Who has a bumper sticker in the back of his big-ass pick-up truck that says "We don't give a DAMN how they do it in California"..right next to his ....Texas...bumbersticker...)

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-30-2000).]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2000, 03:51:00 PM »
Hehehhee, Pongo...I love your Sig, too  

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2000, 05:12:00 PM »
Dingy's Rules of the Sky:

1) Bring enough fuel to last your ammo load then bring a bit more.

2) Maximize your advantages over the enemy and keep him from doing the same to you.

3) Dont chase a faster plane when coalt or lower.

4) Feel free to run when disadvantaged but expect to get shot at.

5) Never cut a sucker an even break.

Ya know, these were half written tongue in cheeck but after I thought about it.....this is how I approach EVERY fight.

If I were Creamo, I would have gotten frustrated trying to run that 109G10 down but realized that I do the same thing in the 51 when engaging a better turning plane.  

Creamo I feel for ya but I woulda shot your sorry bellybutton too  .

-Ding

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2000, 05:59:00 PM »
Anybody who shoots me when I'm in my kite will garner no ill will from me, regardless of my situation.  Likewise, I'll shoot any enemy if they are in their kite.  As soon as they bail, thats it, they're safe from me.  As soon as I bail, I'd like to be left to float down to earth, reviewing where I went wrong, but I know thats too much to expect.  I've only lived to bail once, and that P-38 came around to make a pass on my chute, even though I was in the middle of no where and there were two more Rooks in the furball.    

Oh yeah, I'm in California too.

Sisu

[This message has been edited by Karnak (edited 05-30-2000).]
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Sox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2000, 06:09:00 PM »
I think we need them Carbins working for the troops that have to bail.  Hell it would be fun to bail out and still be shooting. that way you could kill them damn people that bail.  I kill every thing as long as its in a plane. once he bails well i figure it will take him longet this way to hit the ground and this way he has to wait to get anouther aircraft. I do have one thing to say. I am a Runner if i dont think i can win the fight. SO if you guys follow me around to the ack or run out of full because you cant give up in the attack. THEN its your brains all over the ground.  Runing is now Dweebish nor is killing a Gliding plane. I have been shot down by them and smokin planes before if you in a plane your dead IMO...  <<S>> to all

------------------
VMF-212  Lancers

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2000, 06:36:00 PM »
how does a pilot fit an m1 carbine in a 109? lol
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Sox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2000, 10:04:00 PM »
Ahh well i dont care about the germans.  

FW pilots or more that arnt going to be US planes or pilots need not reply.  LOL

------------------
VMF-212  Lancers

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2000, 12:21:00 AM »
Frankly, this is bull. Stop complaining, I've been shot in my chute hundreds of times ,ditching,shure, even landing with ack screaming all over the place in my own base. I've blarred a whole bunchs of Fs in my house and filtered it up typed crapola as I always do. I just suck it up and hunt the son of a squeak who shot me in my chute and make him think hard before he does it again.

In closing stop complaining PERIOD.  Every lilttle thing that happens here even future plans that have not come into effect I see imaginary vices .  Shure the fuel system is a lil bit exagerated,shure I've grown to dislike it but there are 3 options don't play it,make it soyou need to fly 4 hours before you fight due to normal fuel ranges or stay and play it as it is .

nuff said,
Glasses(The four eyed devil)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2000, 03:35:00 AM »
Pongo will respond to all my posts, no matter how bombed I am, and as I post mostly blitzed, they RARELY make sense, only to him. The next day I just laugh and shake my head....:0) You buckethead! They are silly, just read and laugh.

The rest of you, shame, shame, what could you possible understand from those 151 Bacardi ramblings?

How anyone without being there could grasp a opinion and comment, I do not know. I wasnt squeaking about a ditch kill,they all SHOULD be strafed without remorse. OBVIOUSLY.

It was how someone gains 35K of alt when 7 people are online, and call it strat, ala fuel managment.

For the record, I wasted whatever his name is and passed the chute kill just to see why people do it. There was no responce, and no big deal, kinda boring.

Then, I stayed up, to face obviously the same guy I shot down, who made 3-4 passes with superior alt, E, and advantage, with no results.
Boom, Zoom, Miss completely...no ping YAWN. It went on forever, I WAS running outta fuel.

Fellas,not to complain, but late night AH is horrid. There is 5 of us, and the G10 ALT fight vs. turn fighter fuel capacity is silly, naw,retarded.

It sucked, I didn't want to go 30 minutes outta my way to fight  "Fair" with St. whatever, I forget the callsign.

Dude,strap on a turn and burner when there's a late night crowd, stop thinking your saving the planet and your clever on fuel managment, Hi ALT tactics to get a "E" advantage on one of the 7 poor bastards that happen to be online.

It isn't clever, your just spending 30 minutes getting to a point where you can almost level the field,but first hand, you still need a lotta work.

[This message has been edited by Creamo (edited 05-31-2000).]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2000, 04:46:00 AM »
Creamo if you dislike when someone critizes your way of flying then why do you mess with the other's way of flying.

Happens that if you love BnZ you have to climb. ITs the same 25K or 35Kk or 45K or suborbital. HE flies BnZ and he doenst have to fly TnB because you think is the fair thing when you are only 7 low cons. He spent his time to go up. You can do the same and fight him in equal conditions on you can be lazy remain low and be bounced.

Your call but dont whine about it.

<PUNT>

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2000, 04:50:00 AM »
Me shooting your 190 down at the same time of St. whatevers flight was double fun. And the chute kill was even better, you explode REAL good. What's yer point?

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2000, 04:54:00 AM »

Originally posted by Creamo:
Me shooting your 190 down at the same time of St. whatevers flight was double fun. And the chute kill was even better, you explode REAL good. What's yer point?

Is this:

sucked, I didn't want to go 30 minutes outta my way to fight "Fair" with St. whatever, I forget the callsign.

Dude,strap on a turn and burner when there's a late night crowd, stop thinking your saving the planet and your clever on fuel managment, Hi ALT tactics to get a "E" advantage on one of the 7 poor bastards that happen to be online.

It isn't clever, your just spending 30 minutes getting to a point where you can almost level the field,but first hand, you still need a lotta work

If he wants to spend 30 minutes climbing, then is his choice. Do the same and dont whine about it,and don't dare to tell him HOW must he fly and WHAT must he fly in order for YOU to have the fair fight.
HE doesnt want a fair fight he goes up in a BnZ plane...what is wrong?...you can go up too or risk the death. Again, is your choice but dont tell the others how/what must they fly.

And BTW if that happened at the same time that you did that one ping kill (   ) on my 190 and shoot my chute (   I really LOL-ed in that one), then you aren't saying the truth about the people in the arena.
When I Came in for 10 minutes there were 14, 15 mwith me.

NOt 7.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-31-2000).]