Author Topic: this is a great sim :) but had som bad experiences  (Read 431 times)

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
this is a great sim :) but had som bad experiences
« on: May 30, 2000, 03:32:00 AM »
but im a little dissapointed about the chute shooters.
Then again maybe this is normal here ? i dont know.
happend to me 3 times now wont say any names.
what happend was the last time one player followd me down to the deck just to shoot my chute lol.
i saw he was writing after that one that a other guy had done the same so he decided to kill chute also.
well i hope we all dont adopt that behavior and use the spotsmanship needed for a game to survive.
Another thing is that after a sure kill (u see the planes wing break off) u dont get anything no kill nothing? whats happening then. this has happend atleast 3 or 4 times.
hehe im a rookie and need my kills, ive only been here 14 days.

air_guard

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2000, 03:59:00 AM »
Chute killing is an idiotic thing, IMHO.

However, sometimes guys falling down slowly in chutes continue to give indications and six-calls to their squaddies. This a pretty strange situation. Personally, I never bail out (I sink with my ship) and never shoot at a chute.

And yes, there is a bad ditch bug. Many times you'll shoot down foes at low alt and get no kill. Sometimes the closest guy gets the kill, sometimes other strange things will happen. Hope HTC will fix it.

Regards,
GATT
4°Stormo Caccia

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 05-30-2000).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2000, 04:53:00 AM »
Air_guard...you had TNT in your pockets, damn near blinded me. What's with that?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2000, 08:37:00 AM »
Sometimes a chute-kill may be incidental, since when you bail, due to lag, there still may be bullets in the air, if your chute gets caught in that 'lag' bullet stream, you're dead.

Other than that, anyone that kills a chute that has opened low to the ground is a poop-head IMO.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2000, 09:28:00 AM »
Welcome to the jungle air_guard.

You will find many a retard who spend their time flying into furballs.
To do what you may ask? Get Kills maybe?

No, Just to ride around on the deck mopping up chutes.

For points? No, Just to piss people off.

Why? Don't ask me.  

Maybe it's part of puberty   <g,d,r>

Offline Vladd

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2000, 11:12:00 AM »
Airguard: sometimes if you're at alt and take a wing off an nme, a fellow 'friendly' pilot will spot the bad guy helplessly fluttering downwards and administer a coup-de-grace. Which is about the cheapest and cheesiest way of scoring an A-A kill imaginable, but I've seen it happen a few times recently. Can you say 'Scorepotato?'

Trick is, remember the guys name, and make sure you don't get mad, but get even instead  

Vladd

Pavel

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2000, 11:59:00 AM »
The worst thing I think a shot chute can do is to make a big fuss about it- the real jerks who do such things just to annoy you are looking for just that sort of reaction. However, there are others of us who shoot chutes an honest stractegic reason: to prevent spying.  
This is the only reason I shoot chutes- but it's a rather significant one. I know that guys floating have nothing better to do than to squawk all the way down.  Also, one too many times I've let a chute land only to see the enemy not exit.  'Knowledge is power' applies here and I now seek to deprive the enemy of that power by shooting most chutes unless they are so far removed from any activity that I can't imagine them relaying any useful information.
I don't think world war II era pilots routinely bailed with their radios, so the simple solution would be to disable radio usage- however this simple solution doesn't address the out of game communication devices used by many.  I think the best solution to chute-spying is to make enemy units invisible to chutes.  If I didn't think a chute could endanger the cause of my side by reporting our activities, I'd never shoot one. As it is I shoot many.

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2000, 12:23:00 PM »
I personally hate Chute killers so will kill them in their chutes if I see them doing the same.  If I see someone killing chutes I'll make sure everyone in the area know it.  Don't get into a big open channel radio argument, just make sure that they get their fair returns.

Other than that, the only time I'll consider killing a chute is if they are stupid enough to pull the chute while still 10K+ in the air.  You're probably doing them a favor by doing that, they'd be hanging up there for 15 minutes otherwise.  Typically they do it to spy and call 6 for their buddies.  Either way they make themselves fair game, even then I usually don't blast them though.

The only other reason to kill a chute is to be a scorepotato.  So, if you bail, open your chute at 2K feet and someone still comes down to shoot you, they're pretty obviously a scorepotato.  Let everyone know who it is and they'll get their due.

The lesson is, don't hang in your chute too long, open it close to the ground, practice it in the TA just like anything else.  The chances of someone blowing all sorts of Alt to come down and pick u off while you are only 500ft from the ground is pretty remote.  If they do I'd chaulk it down to a poor pilot who would trade alt for a chute kill.  They got their points when you bailed, I don't think they get a bonus for not letting you live to reach the ground.

Sometimes it's just bad luck... HiTech got me the other day but I don't think he really meant to...  I had to give him a razing though  

------------------
Soda
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2000, 12:58:00 PM »
I think that players in chutes should have their radios disabled.

I also think that players who go after chutes are scum.  It may be a game, but you are playing at doing one of the lowest things that can be done in air warfare, I think that says something about your character.

Sisu
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2000, 01:52:00 PM »

Originally posted by Soda:

The only other reason to kill a chute is to be a scorepotato.  So, if you bail, open your chute at 2K feet and someone still comes down to shoot you, they're pretty obviously a scorepotato.  Let everyone know who it is and they'll get their due.

Does it help your score to kill a chute? dam I cuda bin a contenda...

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2000, 02:05:00 PM »
Actually, chute strafing is great against Quake Hog dweebs, as I found out just today. Chute strafing is 2nd lowest thing to do in AH. Flying cannon hog is the lowest thing  

Apparently one of the ghosts got so pissed, saying cannon Hog is toughest plane to fly in AH. And that I am a dweeb, scared to fly it because it would be to hard for me. Of course, he didn't have time to accept my challenge to duel    

He was joined by another ghost who even stated that 109G-10 has better guns than cannon Hog !!!

How can I let those guys just hang in their chutes ?    

For the record:
I am looking forward to gun down as many quake hog chutes as I can. And occasional Spit chute as well, but for completely other reasons. You can find me only in Luftwaffe planes.

------------------

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by Hristo (edited 05-30-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2000, 02:08:00 PM »

Originally posted by Pongo:
Does it help your score to kill a chute? dam I cuda bin a contenda...

I don't *believe* so, but someone may come by and correct me...

It does prevent the opponent from getting a better share of scoring his kills, something like 1/2 points if he bails and lives, 1/3 of points if he bails and is captured (0 points if killed?).

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-30-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2000, 02:09:00 PM »
oops.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-30-2000).]

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2000, 02:58:00 PM »
In 2 weeks I only got shot in my chute once (and I bailed a lot). That was by Hristo.
I think Karnak labelled chute shooters correctly.

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2000, 03:13:00 PM »
People seem to strafe my chute a lot, possibly because I usually take them on a run for 15 minutes (And then my fuel runs out   )

Only chutes I've strafed in memory were in Busc's scenario a few weeks back, when some dive-bomber P-51 bastages took out my & hblair's engines - and obliterated half my division. One of the descending chutes felt the wrath of the main-gun mounted MG, and then me and hblair took our anger out on one poor fella running around on the ground about 5k away..

I'll shoot 'spying' chutes if they've been there a few mins, but I give them a fair countdown over channel 1 first..

------------------

Duma
The Red Dragons
'Fierce And Bold
With Courage And Honour'
 http://www.reddragons.de

[This message has been edited by -duma- (edited 05-30-2000).]