Author Topic: Way to go, Knights  (Read 149 times)

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Way to go, Knights
« on: April 12, 2002, 11:52:29 AM »
In 30 hours Knights went from a low of three bases to winning the war against the Bisrook Alliance.

That took some pretty excellent lack of cooperation, poor goon support, lousy planning, and rotten teamwork.

BZ!

:cool:
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 05:03:28 PM »
Comeback of the Year. Kudos Knights.
JG11

Vater

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 06:26:02 PM »
That was AWESOME !!!

Once we gave up on the Rooks down South and decided to take our homeland back from the Bish, things really started to roll. Great offense in the North as well as great defense in the South. Best fun I have had in AH so far.

<> Knights
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2002, 03:26:42 AM »
Again: there is no bishrook alliance.  Some of us is fighting ONLY vs bishes and never fight vs knits. So there cant be alliance.
I am a spy!

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2002, 03:57:42 AM »
No , you are wrong, there *WAS* some form of alliance, when near the reset point, the bish were helping the rooks by purposely leaving fields undefended for rooks to capture ( they got 2 this way that i recall) to delay the reset.

That's an "Alliance" even if it was temporary :)

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2002, 04:34:13 AM »
Thats bish decision not alliance. Thanks to them.:D

Well Ive seen knights doing exactly the same thing sometimes.:p
I am a spy!

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2002, 10:36:56 AM »
Ya know... it's kinda funny.... all the chest beating and back slapping going on....

This wasn't any kind of come back.  Nitwits were down to 3 bases, Bishits were ahead of Rooks by 3 or 4 bases.  Suddenly the Bishits quit hitting the nits (when they could've won the reset inside of an hour) and started rolling the Rooks up on the east side.  That's the only reason the nits didna get reset.

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2002, 11:11:46 AM »
There is no such thing as an alliance.  As some other intelligent Rook said, the Bish may either make a conscious decision to leave some bases unprotected or just not have the resources or coordination to do it but no self-respecting Rook is ever going to even remotely think about having anything to do with either of you.  We're a non-discriminating nation, we'll kill you both equally and fairly :D

Beeg
CO
Rampaging Rooks of Retribution

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2002, 11:38:36 AM »
We all know there are no aliances, and the only reason the Knights didn't get reset is the Bishops and rooks were trying to get the most bases, and win or loose depends more on numbers than anything else.

This was more a reply to the Knight whine than anything else.

I was a Bish the last time I was here, this time I'm a Knight (both times I just stayed where the server dumped me).  From what I've seen and from reading here  there's no noticable difference.  

Play the game the way you want, have fun, whine now and then on principle; it's your money, use itt.  This is a great community to goof off with.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2002, 04:43:07 PM »
Originally posted by Puck
We all know there are no aliances, and the only reason the Knights didn't get reset is the Bishops and rooks were trying to get the most bases, and win or loose depends more on numbers than anything else.

The bishits already had the most bases when the nits were down to 3.  All they had to do was launch a couple of strikes and the reset was thiers.  They chose to disengage the nits and steam roll the rooks.

That's why the nitwits weren't reset.  Interestingly, the nitwits didna pursue the capture of many bishit held fields but chose to pound on the rooks also.

Nothing new here, move along people

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Way to go, Knights
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2002, 02:35:25 PM »
Never assume that a collective intelligence exists in AH. There are no alliances or decisions to leave bases unprotected.

Just think how hard it is to get folk to join missions that will "win the war", and then think about the logistics of convincing EVERYONE on your team to leave fields unguarded.

Doesn't happen.

palef
Retired