Author Topic: TaxDay  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
TaxDay
« on: April 15, 2002, 08:57:26 AM »
just wondering how many others had to pay Uncle Sam this year and out of those who is against additional tax breaks ... I did and am for every tax break/decrease the Reps can squeeze out of DC. Get rid of the gov waste, make them do more with less - just like the rest of us.

Saw/heard that 5% of the US pop pay over 50%  of the the taxes while 50% pay only 5%. No wonder the dems can sing their tax increase song to their voting base and still get elected ...:rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
TaxDay
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2002, 09:28:18 AM »
that the top 5 % own about that proportion of the total property in the country thus requiring the same proportion of tax dollars may have something to do with it.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
TaxDay
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2002, 09:31:23 AM »
Originally posted by lord dolf vader
that the top 5 % own about that proportion of the total property in the country thus requiring the same proportion of tax dollars may have something to do with it.

That's B.S.  where's your source that 5% of the people own 50% of the land?  That shouldn't have anything to do with taxes anyway, unless you want to go back to only land owners get to vote.  I'd be ok with that as I would own land the next day :)

Eagler,

How many more days until tax freedom day?  1 or 2 months? ;)

F__k you very much IRS :)

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
TaxDay
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2002, 09:38:27 AM »
And the funny thing for us Europeans is that 95% of USians act and think as if they belonged to that 5% and the rest were just trying to rip them off their stuff.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
TaxDay
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2002, 09:39:43 AM »
IRS owes me ~$250 (which is about how much my tax guy cost - word to the wise never have money in 2 countries).

I owe the Commonwealth of Massachusetts $1. I wonder if I can pay them out of my penny jar?

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
TaxDay
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2002, 09:42:06 AM »
yea yea same ole crap pay up or go to jail . like that better ? we have the lowest taxes of any industrialised country. expecialy for the rich . you dont like it move to mexico se how you like that system.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
TaxDay
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2002, 10:46:56 AM »
Originally posted by lord dolf vader
yea yea same ole crap pay up or go to jail . like that better ? we have the lowest taxes of any industrialised country. expecialy for the rich . you dont like it move to mexico se how you like that system.

Screw that,  I'd rather change the system and have it resemble some sort of fairness.   In all actuality,  I wouldn't mind paying 30%+ of my income if the sorry bastards would do their freaking jobs and spend it right instead of waisting it like they do.   But as far as moving out of my country F you very much too :)  I was born here and need not leave to go to Mexico, they are all moving here.  Alot of them to go straight to welfare too :mad:

Somebody answer my question,  how long until tax freedom day?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
TaxDay
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2002, 10:51:51 AM »
Gettin 2800 bucks back.

Neener Neener.:p

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
TaxDay
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2002, 10:59:20 AM »
I've never been taxed on money I didn't make.

The main reason that 1 person can pay as much in taxes as 10 people is that he is actually making 10 times more.

AKDejaVu

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
TaxDay
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2002, 11:00:43 AM »
Originally posted by hblair
Gettin 2800 bucks back.

Neener Neener.:p

I payed just under $2000 :(

That was after using every trick er "break" in the ole tax book :)

takeda
never said I'm in the top 5%, far from it.
Middle class at best. Just peeves me to see the crooks we call politicians turn taxes into a class envy, friggin robinhood story.
As if the "rich" owes it to us to pay our way ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
TaxDay
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2002, 11:02:14 AM »
BTW... we had a very good year back in 97.  Our EB and ECB bonus was the highest they'd ever been.  Most people were getting some extra $8,000 in the month of February.  One day, while we are meandering about at work, a voice comes on over the intercom and explains that we'll be getting an additional $1,000 just for the hell of it.

You should have heard how many people complained about the taxes that were taken out that extra $1000.

:rolleyes:

AKDejaVu

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
TaxDay
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2002, 11:31:44 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
You should have heard how many people complained about the taxes that were taken out that extra $1000.

:rolleyes:

AKDejaVu

Why shouldn't they?  what did the IRS/Feds do to earn that money?  What's the diference in burning my grass hut, killing my goats and chickens if I don't pay the "king's tax" or the IRS taking my land, property and throwing me in jail?  OR harrassing me every day with the threat of jail or confescation of my money/property?  In one word the difference is none....

When is tax freedom day this year?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  is it still in may?

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
TaxDay
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2002, 11:40:38 AM »
Conservative anarchists crack me up :D

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
TaxDay
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2002, 11:43:56 AM »
Um.. are you joking udie?  If not.. let me know and I can explain to you just how far up your bellybutton your head currently is.

AKDejaVu

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
TaxDay
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2002, 11:49:11 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

Why shouldn't they?  what did the IRS/Feds do to earn that money?  What's the diference in burning my grass hut, killing my goats and chickens if I don't pay the "king's tax" or the IRS taking my land, property and throwing me in jail?  OR harrassing me every day with the threat of jail or confescation of my money/property?  In one word the difference is none....

When is tax freedom day this year?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  is it still in may?

:confused: Do you think smart bombs are free?