Author Topic: We need jap bombers  (Read 271 times)

Offline joshD

• Zinc Member
We need jap bombers
« on: August 03, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »
What we really need in hear are Japanese bombers.I dont know what kinds there are but we need some.

JoshD
  106th DEVINE SCUMBAGS  :mad:

Offline DamnedATC

• Copper Member
We need jap bombers
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
I agree, we need the Val and kate.

ATC

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
We need jap bombers
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
Don't forget the Francis

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
We need jap bombers
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »
Dinah!

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
We need jap bombers
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »
Betty.

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
We need jap bombers
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
Rip....Dinah is Recon Aircraft.

Betty or Emily...and Peggy would be nice.  :)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
We need jap bombers
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2001, 06:55:00 PM »
Vall and Kate would be dogmeat, we nead the Grace and Jill much better planes.

Betty would suck to, Peggy much better bomber.

And without the Randy or Frances all would be lost :)

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
We need jap bombers
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2001, 07:57:00 PM »
I would love to see more targets... err, Japanese bombers here.  :)

Seriously, I would really like to see the PTO planeset fleshed out a bit more.  We got the Hog and one of the 2 Cats plus the Avenger.  We have a Zeke, a George and a Tony.  We need to have at least a Kate and Val, though I think the Judy and/or Jill would be good.  We get these, we can do some incredible scenarios involving the CV's.   Just think, we could redo the Battle of the Phillipine Sea (Marianas Turkey Shoot).  Would be awesome, particularly if we had tower only dar available for scenarios.  Imagine what it would be like having to use a dedicated fighter director vectoring the CAP fighters to intercepts on the incoming raids.  I would love to hear/see the call "Hey Rube!" requesting all the available CAP fighters to come to the aid of the task force.  Talk about an adrenaline rush!  Oh well, just a pipe dream I guess.

-math

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
We need jap bombers
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2001, 09:16:00 PM »
Yes, definetly late war only for now.  There is no point in adding early war unless there is also a plan to change the main arena settings.

Judy and Jill have never been done before as far as I know and would make AH more interesting for that reason alone.

I'm not really surprised that the Helldiver or Dauntless are not modeled.  Truth be told the Corsair and Hellcat can do the dive bombing role.

Hans.

Offline Vladd

• Copper Member
We need jap bombers
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
Depends whether you want a Japanese bomber for the MA...if you do, the viable list becopmes very small indeed.

Most likely we'd end up with well modelled and fine looking plane which would be used about as often as the Ju88 and that's a rare enough sight.

One plane that would cut it is the Ki67 Peggy:  An Army plane, but with torpedo capability it would also be valuable in 1944 scenarios. According to Francillon;

"Without bombs the Ki67 could easily make loops and vertical turns, and it's controls remained smooth and effective in a dive at 373mph IAS."  

Some form of carrier attack plane would also be a worthy addition, the type depending on whether you wanted a 1942 or 1944 battle.

For the latter a B5N and D4Y, Val and Kate for the former.

I've always thought it a shame that HTC builds a superb, player-controllable naval element into the game, yet we still lack the planes for a PAC scenario.

Vladd