Author Topic: Why I fly and Fight  (Read 120 times)

Offline Don

• Silver Member
Why I fly and Fight
« on: April 15, 2002, 07:55:59 PM »
I fly WW2 aircombat sims online exclusively. I tried offline but an AI just isnt the same thing.
I have flown aircombat sims for many years now, and I haven't tired of it; at least not enough to give it up completely.
I like the competition and the challenge.
I guess it's because I am an ex-Jock and am filling that void that was left when I stopped playing ball after so many years. Hey, when the body says "you aint 20 years old anymore" "I'm/we're not gonna do this anymore" you have to pay attention :)
As a kid I was always interested in WW2 planes. From building the model airplanes in kits, to buying and flying Gas Model airplanes (I had a Helldiver and a Spitfire).
When I went online for the first time I did a search and found AirWarrior and later Warbirds; I liked AW better than WBz.
The competition was as hot in AW as it is here in AH.
I prefer to fight in close but I also like an organized strategic effort; it depends on what is going on at home with my family. If I can squeeze in an hour (1 or 2 hops) Im only interested in finding a close fight, and have no interest in grabbing to 25k only to have to dive down to find a fight.
I will and have augered to replane and don't care much about scores or rank; prolly a habit from AW.  There was a different culture there for a while; changed forever when they opened the floodgates.:(
We have a good game/sim here, and lots of competition to boot;)
I am looking forward to the improvements, especially the new server pipes which Skuzzy has talked about. I hope sooner than later.
Cyas up!