Author Topic: Are the Bishops now part of the Rising Sun?  (Read 283 times)

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
Are the Bishops now part of the Rising Sun?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2002, 04:34:56 PM »
question for those of you who say bombs dont arm with out a 500k or 100k drop  ...........   next time your on the run way with your eggs loaded in your heavy 51  drop those bombs and see what happens...........

box
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2002, 04:51:25 PM »
FWIW I  have augered for lesser reasons than to get a drink.

I get bored and auger (something more fun happens in RL),

my GF comes in the room naked,

I am too stoned to fly coherently (jk)

just pointing out that not everyone puts importance on 'living' in the game.  I fly, have fun and when I get bored.. auger and/or log.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2002, 04:57:58 PM »
bombs dont arm at a certain alt but at xxx amount of time.

so if you are going 600 mph you must release your bombs at say 1000ft if you are going 250 then 500ft (these arent accurate figures)

I am 24 and 2 in a fw190f8 I killed 4 gvs in 1 drop.

An la7 was chasing me so i went to the deck at about 400ft going 400 + I spotted 2 m16s an m3 and a panzer 1200 yards away I immediately cycled through my bombs releasing them level.

I did this to reduce my weight so i could evade the the la7. I released the last bomb and broke hard left. I heard the explosions then......

victory 1, victory 2, victory 3, victory 4, by wotan a friendly spit got the la7 off me and i ran home. I am not certain of the range I released it was rather fast.

I carried 1 500kg (which probrably killed most of them) and 4 50 kgs. I didnt have time to det salvo to 4 so I dropped the 50s 1 at a time.

So the conclusion I came to was there was a set "travel time" for bombs to arm.

This happened on the island map near a5. The gvs were at the base of the hill leading up to the town. I was ib to v6 to kill it when the la7 attacked me I split essed from 11k to the deck and was headed back to 5. I was over water to the s x se of 5. none of the gvs fired at me as they were preoccupied with a friendly fp at the top of the hill. I wish I had filmed it but I didn't.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2002, 08:51:10 AM »
Originally posted by boxboy28
question for those of you who say bombs dont arm with out a 500k or 100k drop  ...........   next time your on the run way with your eggs loaded in your heavy 51  drop those bombs and see what happens...........

box

Nothing, do it all the time.

I’m pretty sure it’s a distance-traveled thing.  I thought when this was first implemented that the distance was 1000 feet and then changed to 500.  I believe it was done this way in order to stop the car bombing by bombers at the map room.

Wotan is also correct with the time traveled.  The whole R*T=D thing.  The faster you’re going the less time it takes to travel the distance and depending on the angle of drop you can achieve the arming distance needed rather quickly with its arc.

Offline TheOxman

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2002, 09:42:53 AM »
Originally posted by Wotan

I am 24 and 2 in a fw190f8 I killed 4 gvs in 1 drop.

I would never be that lucky

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2002, 11:12:16 AM »
Actually, a lot of us Bish spend more time than we should in the House[/u] of the Rising Sun.

And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and Cod I know I'm one. Oh brothers, tell your squadmates not to do what I have done. They'll spend their lives in sin and misery in the House of the Rising Sun.

So, now you know.  :)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2002, 01:26:51 PM »
LOL Toad.

BTW - when's the next BBQ/BS session?

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2002, 02:26:11 PM »
See large bar dar indicating a mission coming to a field near you..

See group of 20 P-38s start dive from 15k.

See 18 P-38s compress and hit the dirt. Bombs miss. Too surprised to fire rockets.

As far as CV's, if the fleet is still 1 and a half sector away, Ill try to bomb it and survive. If its just by my field, ill make a personal delivery, UPS style (here's your receipt!).