Author Topic: A few things I'd like to see  (Read 124 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
A few things I'd like to see
« on: April 15, 2002, 08:17:42 PM »
Besides Brittney Naked.

A rolling planeset, Now before we start squeakin' hear me out!

Allied and axis alwas tried one upmanship, built a plane to beat that plane,they built a plane to beat THAT plane, rinse repeat. But Where do we draw the line in the sand?

How does HTC go about implimenting this? HiTech's one smart cookie ( least thats what i have written on my AH Pom-Poms)

I'm sure in WW2 rookies or newbies didn't get the best rides, they EARNED the right to fly the better/newer planes.... So How does one impliment this in an Area, without the " my 15 bucks is the same as his 15 bucks, why can't i ride the same plane"? So alone comes the "perk" point system, to give everyone an even chance. Some use em some don't, your choice.  Put yourself in HTC's shoes HOW do you implement something like this and retain happy customers. We all know Fester and a few others could fly 262's endlessly. I don't want to face fester PERIOD! let alone him in a far superior plane. So How does one impliment a rolling planeset ? Without burdening HTC? and keeping it fair to ALL the customers?

I would also like to see seasons ( which I heard HiTech also stated he would like to see or is implimenting , not sure where i heard this so don't quote me).

A few Ideas that are bouncing in my "Pointy" head (TM Seeker) from reading these boards ( against Doctors orders). Maps that would change seasons, Same map different textures, pretty easy But a new Download for everyone.

Senerios, Not bigger maps but changing maps. EXample frame 1 is one map as the enemy pushes forward the map changes to a different part of the general area ( requiring even more TE mapmakers time and MORE downloads)  for frame 2, rinse repeat.

Please If this thread turns INTO squeaking, I'll,,, why I'll... I'll...

Lets try and keep the personalities out of here but lets hear HOW you would attack this. Lets keep it civilized.
I'd like to see a rolling planeset in the CT, althou the implimenting tools are not available at this time. It would take a CT guy to come in and change this constantly.

Again I cannot state how I don't want this to turn into a flamefest!!!!!!

NUTTZ
P.S. Already got the naked pics from Fatty althou they look altered.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: A few things I'd like to see
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2002, 08:48:32 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ

Now before we start squeakin' hear me out!

LOL fat chance!  :P  Good ideas - I agree with most of them although Im not sure that a rolling plane set would fix the issue without side effects.  I fear it might feel too restrictive.  Be prepared to recieve the "Go fly CT if that is what you want" crowd.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Re: Re: A few things I'd like to see
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2002, 09:37:09 PM »
That is the problem. A line has to be drawn at some timeline. One side will always get "screwed" To Kinda fix this without perkies or limiting planes to certain fields or substitution. With a rolling planeset both sides will get screwed equally:) IMO i like a game that has a beginning and an ending. Sofar the ending is total reset of enemy feilds. My point is How does one impliment this? It could be limited to the CT, I am in NO WAY asking to put this into the MA, nor am I asking this for just myself. Or have ANY idea how this could be done , therefor this post. I've seen the 3 pages of laz and Hblair fighting and It got so bad I forgot what the inital arguement was about. So i am stating what "I" would like to see, and the idea of a rolling planeset has come up more than once on the BBS. See I look at it this way HTC has a product that is constantly changing ( some personal choices, some player suggestions) HTC can take two roads, say this is my product (Coke) and if you don't like it go fly (Pepsi). BUT Hitech has not taken this road. I'm sure you can write to Pepsi all you want to change their formula, and i would pay good money to read thier reply:) I only build maps ( and on my freetime) and offer this to the CM team. I can only offer my assistance but have NO say in the workings of AH. Hblair aproached me to build a CT terrain, he sent me a drawing of what he wanted, Perdonia was the outcome. The planeset is up to the CT guy running the map. Now IF I HAD TOO, I would build a map for LAZ, Just too see IF his Ideas would work, ( and maybe just to shut them up):) I could  build it but have no authority or Idea it would be used.

But One of the biggest push /pulls of the CT NAYsayers and pom-pomer's ( no offence ment) is balanced planeset and /or a rolling planeset. without giving HiTech an bellybutton Ache (which i'm sure he's rolling his eyes at this post). How would you do this IF you had to? Without Hitech changing code? and without personal insults, of course you would have to know alittle of the TE and what can be done and what can't.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Saurdaukar

LOL fat chance!  :P  Good ideas - I agree with most of them although Im not sure that a rolling plane set would fix the issue without side effects.  I fear it might feel too restrictive.  Be prepared to recieve the "Go fly CT if that is what you want" crowd.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2002, 09:45:17 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ

Senerios, Not bigger maps but changing maps. EXample frame 1 is one map as the enemy pushes forward the map changes to a different part of the general area ( requiring even more TE mapmakers time and MORE downloads)  for frame 2, rinse repeat.

Check out the TOD Nuttz...we are experimenting now with a 'moving-front' type idea that incorporates advancing fronts if one side or the other achieves their objectives.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2002, 02:24:36 AM »
Brittney Naked.

Maps that would change seasons, Same map different textures, pretty easy But a new Download for everyone.

This one caught my eye!  

And different seasons aint too bad either :D :p
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
A few things I'd like to see
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2002, 02:22:57 PM »
Well, I've only been on AH a week and a half, but I did extensive scenario play in AW 1.5, AW2, and AW3 and I kind of liked having the same map for each frame, but with base damage carrying-over from the night (or week) before - made it easier to think about objectives and tactics from one frame to the next.  Besides, on flight night there's nothing worse than trying to get into the mission room but getting hung up downloading new files!

I like the weather idea - hazy on the first frame, cloud cover on the next, clear on the last maybe?