Author Topic: Missing Man Formation (Banex)  (Read 656 times)

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
Missing Man Formation (Banex)
« on: March 25, 2000, 08:31:00 PM »
 BaneX
 I'm truely very sorry for your loss man.
I was up last night when the tribute flight took -off from the field I happened to be at.
 I was unaware of the reason all those Mustangs were up together but it was indeed an awesome sight!
 As I watched the text scroll I became aware of what was transpiring and spent the next 1/2 hour flying aimlessly around in tears.
 I too have suffered the loss of infant children on 2 separate occasions,and as I listened to the salutes for your fallen son I
accepted them as tribute to my angels also.
 Know that time will indeed ease your pain and look especially to your wife as only she feels this pain more deeply than yourself.
 Truely sorry
 To all that participated in the tribute  -
I've not been so deeply moved by total strangers   thank you all

Binke

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2000, 12:55:00 PM »
what..the..?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2000, 08:24:00 AM »
Thanks to all for participating, we had an estimate  80 pilots  around Volcano for the memorial.  This shows how close the community is when one of our own has fallen.  Again, thanks all for the participation!

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
=CO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Experience is a hard teacher because she
gives the test first, the lesson afterwards"

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-27-2000).]

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2000, 09:51:00 AM »
Banex,
2 years ago I had the good fortune to meet a man in ICQ chat (friend of a friend) He seemed like a really decent guy, but he was very down. He had just lost a daughter in a fire. He was very new to warbirds at that point.

The next 2 years pass in a blur, but always in the background we are talking, flying together, growing constantly closer. He had a rough spot about a year ago & I thought we'd lost him. (He turned to the bottle) Thank God a neighbor found him & showed him the way back.

Somehow our support& friendship of this man made the difference. Slowly he learned to deal with the grief. I am not sure exactly what it was that I did to earn this mans undieing loyalty, other than be there & be willing to share everything with him.

Banex look to your friends! They & the Lord are the answer for you in this time of grief.
They can help you in ways you may not be able to see.

Ohh btw, the man who I respect so much?
He is known as Hamerdan in here. He guards my back with a vengance. Of all the the mongrels
to pick for a wingman he is my favorite. Not because he's a hot stick, because he's not.
Because I know that when I lead him into hell
he'll follow me whereever I go. He's already been there & back. And come out a better man in the end.

Salute DAN! Truer friend I have never known.

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels