Author Topic: AcesKidd  (Read 128 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
AcesKidd
« on: April 17, 2002, 03:42:29 AM »
Most of us are just "old" and there are a buch of AH players with little sons, perhaps too young to appreciate the guns of a Dora ;)

What about a special arena just for kidds?

A funny map with funny colours, two or three very easy mode fantasy planes with a big smiling as national marking available only for that arena with funny and fat shapes. It may be a good start point for some future aces and the paradise of actual N1K2 pilots :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
AcesKidd
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2002, 03:52:53 AM »
You forgot the power up ;)

Not a bad idea in fact

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
AcesKidd
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2002, 06:25:38 AM »
Ooh, we've been discussing this in the FDB forum quite a bit.  I'm not sure what you mean by kiddies, but I think this would be great place for the mighty FDB juggernaut to reign supreme!  Animal already has his special N1K2 designed with frilly pink lace and Richard Simmons inspired nose art.  We were thinking maybe gravity could be turned down and aircraft physics model be ported over from Descent.  Unfortunately, I know how HT hates [insert random idea here], so he probably won't do it.  Oh well, I guess we'll just have to live with it in our imaginations and keep our wallpapers set to Nash's vision of the future of AH:

Beautiful concept aircraft skin design by Nash...

Wow.  The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!  :cool:

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
AcesKidd
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2002, 06:31:05 AM »
LoL, good idea and nice picture :D
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
AcesKidd
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2002, 08:11:14 AM »
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

love the cool radio!

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
AcesKidd
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2002, 10:29:27 AM »
Yeah the radio is nice, but it is the six speakers that make it "sing."

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
AcesKidd
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2002, 11:36:22 AM »
This sounds like a good idea, i wonder if its do-able.
My son is 11 and is hooked and he does pretty well.  I let him use my account a couple weeks ago during spring break during the day while I was at work.  Problem is I can't get him to respect a planes stall speed.  He thinks he should just be able to point the plane up and climb forever.  (hes getting better at it)  And because he likes to fly the planes I fly (D9, La7, F4U) these planes stall easier than some other planes.   I don't know how  many kids are out there that would want an arena like this.   Relax the realism on some of the flight model, maybe double the ammo loadouts, smaller maps, fewer fields, and an age limit say 15 years.  Of course the other answer is find a boxed flight sim that has unrealistic flight models and fantasy loadouts.  

On the other hand,  maybe he can just suck it up and learn to fly a sim the right way with correct (as possible) physics and learn the hard way, with lots of practice and perstance.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
AcesKidd
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2002, 01:44:24 PM »
I thought it was called middle island. ;)