Author Topic: my stick is dead....  (Read 266 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
my stick is dead....
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2002, 11:09:45 AM »
I have the 3d gold usb

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
my stick is dead....
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2002, 11:21:54 AM »
I'm still using the same Saitek X36 I bought way back in Beta Tour 3...

One of the hats doesn't work, although I actually haven't taken any time to fix it (probably can)... both springs in the joystick base have busted... the first spring busted and I replaced it with a stronger one from a CH stick... I had to cut it down to size, but it added more tension and a better feel than the original springs.

The second spring just recently broke, I repaired it by manipulating the size of it and adjusting one end to give it a hook.

Y-axis is much looser than the X-axis until I can find a better spring.. but otherwise, it's still going strong.

One glance at it though, and you'll notice the ravages of age have taken their toll on it.
-SW

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
my stick is dead....
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2002, 11:39:32 AM »
i use cyborg gold usb works much better than my old Ppro

U could look to see if you have a broken wire in the Ppro.  One of the wires in mine broke, i repaired it.

Best to buy a new stick tho +)

SKurj

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
my stick is dead....
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2002, 01:36:04 PM »
Try watching a few dirty movies...thought ought to fix your stick right up.

Sabre
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
my stick is dead....
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2002, 01:56:11 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
I made the leap and went with a X45

So far, its pretty good, and has worked very well within Windows 2000 Pro.

Im still breaking the stick in.  Its making some horrible squeaking sounds and it seems like a lot of work to hold level manually.  But I am also told by others that have the X45 that its fairly normal for some stiffness or awkward feeling until I've broken the thing in..

Try some powdered graphite under the black ring the spring pushes down on the jstick. It helped my squeaking/sticking.

IN the setup, I have all the levers all the way up, across the board except deadpan and the other one (last 2 on right) I have these all the way down. Think RWY showed me that a while ago. All the axis are set this same way..
Once trimmed out, I can let go of everything and it'll fly straight as an arrow until I adjust speed. <- manual trim, not auto "X"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
my stick is dead....
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2002, 02:08:41 PM »
Pre-pro here. Happy with it.
My kids break mine every year or two, I just chunk it and buy a new one.