Author Topic: Roling Plane Set in Main Arena  (Read 568 times)

Offline Kuben

• Zinc Member
Roling Plane Set in Main Arena
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2002, 12:56:13 PM »
No, not in the MA.

Kuben

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2002, 01:25:15 PM »
The only reason I'd leave AH would be an RPS in the MA.  

(There will always be people that insist you fly the planes they want but they never offer to pay for your account.)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2002, 01:35:17 PM »
we dont have the panes to do any meaningful rps. Also I dont like the idea of only being able to fly a d9 2 or 3 days a tour.

The 152 we would get 1 day a tour. thats 12 days a year. What would happen is folks would fly the "best" plane from each time frame while the rest collect dust in the hanger.

Now in the ct it may not be bad with the allies vrs axis. Say we get a large med map with smaller maps like Sicily, North Afrika Greece (crete). where we could cycle through the maps and planes and have a virtual online theater war. But again we dont have the planes yet.

We have a solid late war eto. While AH has come along way since I have been here but we are still basically at the same point we were when I started. Theres a desire within the community to move beyond "just the main". The combat theater has so much potential but it is limited by planeset. The CT cms and terrains makers do a great job giving us decent competative setups. But take tunisia for instance. A lot of folks are put off by the inclusion of substitute aircraft. Especially those that perform well beyond the capability of the aircraft that were in theater at the time.

A p40, ju87, a36, b25, wellington, he111, p38f or g would add so much to the dynamic of the ct that I can see numbers in there hitting 100 easily. The pac set ups as well hit high numbers 30 -50 with all its limitations. The eastern front is particularly hit by the lack of planes.

I am not criticizing and I enjoy the fast past main. But lately I have been wanting more then the meat grinder. Ah has spoiled me I want more and I want it yesterday. But hey its a game and its fun.

I only like to fly lw planes and despite missing a few planes here and there its a solid planeset. I just dunno know if I can wait 2 years for an equally solid vvs planset. All the talk of ww2 air war or war in general it is on the eastern front where the epic battles where fought.

RPS for the main...no.

For the combat theater its just a matter of time.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Roling Plane Set in Main Arena
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2002, 03:43:35 PM »
Originally posted by Wutz
Ok Fire away boys,

Nope.  You need to have a place for the short-attention-span hotrodders to fly.  Main Arena has been hugely successful at that.  Best to keep it there so it can support the rest of us.

- oldman

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2002, 03:58:16 PM »
Now that we have a 109 for each era of the war how could I possibly have a problem with it?:D

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2002, 04:37:02 PM »
Nah,rolling planes-sets in CT..Sure!!!...1 map,2 sides,historical plane matchups..Every four hours the time moves ahead 1 year and cycles until war is won...Add a few perk planes etc and ....ugg..what a stupid idea!!!...:eek:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2002, 04:43:28 PM by SirLoin »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2002, 04:53:06 PM »
Definitely in CT - 1939 - Spit1's vs E4's!!:)  

2 sides only as well!!

Busher
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2002, 05:08:45 PM »
<<>>  -Wotan

You can't really say that, but I'm sure it wouldn't be any different than it is now.  Most people do fly the best aircraft in the MA as it stands now, it's just we don't have any of the really early-war aircraft yet except for the BoB stuff recently introduced.  I'm sure the MA is swamped with BF-109Es, huh?

Hopefully one day we'll have an early-war set and I personally feel those aircraft and/or any RPS would best be served in the CT.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2002, 06:09:06 PM »
yes i can say that and i did.

look at bob in the ct. folks that never flew lw planes were in there flying for the axis so much so that guys like me who always fly lw switched to fly mostly allies in order to get some balance.

When they learned the 109 wasn't as "good" as they thought the 110 was the plane of choice.

look at wbs rps early war you saw a lot of axis as it got to the later war you saw a lot allied.

Folks will fly what they percieve is the best plane. They did it in wbs rps they do it in the ct and they do it the main. So not only can I say, it I did,  and I am right.

there should be no rps for the ah main. If anywhere it should be in the ct. But even then we currently dont have the planes to have anything close to a decent rps.

To even talk of an rps given the limited early, early mid. mid war aircraft available is premature.

Offline Morsa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2002, 06:18:46 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
RPS in CT would be an excellent idea.  In MA, no.  Perks are doing just fine.

What are doing perks fine???. A fite between a P51D and a 109E4?, or a Spit-V and a La7??. No one of those are perked.
What perks do well is a MA full of La7 - Niki - P51D - D9 - G10 and SpitIX.
This is a type of game as it is now, but not a fair game for who loves to fly early war planes, even mid war ones.
Not many early planes still though, but with a few more will be ready for a RPS.
What perks "may" do just fine in a modified RPS is perk heavily the planes for the next year/period, say not less than 60 perks.
As the RPS advances one period next planes are perked.
Make the RPS go fast, say one day per period and divide the war in 6 periods. So you can fly your fav ride twice a week, one perked, one unperked.

Yes, BRING RPS to MA. (after 4 o 5 more planes)

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
RPS good
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2002, 06:34:52 PM »
Personally I like the RPS system. Wish they went to it a long time ago.  Can speak for others just myself.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2002, 07:03:20 PM »
it would work if tied to terrain reset.

every time terrain resets new planes available.

but there are many many more planes needed before an rps would ever work
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2002, 07:05:56 PM »
Wotan's right.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2002, 08:27:40 PM »
RPS  for MA nah for CT yes and right onw we're really shorthanded in early war planes,so for the time being no go.

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2002, 08:37:40 PM »
<> -Wotan

I actually agreed with your generalization, but I guess I stated it poorly.  I still don't get the point that this "folks will fly the best plane" would make an RPS a bad thing because we already have people flying the "best" in the MA with those lesser performing aircraft (generalizing) collecting dust.  In an RPS, just like now in the MA, there will still be people who want to grab something different just to be different or make things interesting which include those underdogs.  However, in a rolling planeset, if the BF110 is the best, its capabilities aren't that much greater than its contemporaries as would an LA7 be vs that 110 or 109E.  So in an RPS, at least for a short time, there is actually greater parity and some of those hangar queens will actually see some skies in abundance.  And again, I agreed with you in that I think we do need more early-war aircraft before an RPS is viable as well as its place being in the CT or a dedicated RPS arena.  But I *would* love to see an RPS at some point and somewhere.