Author Topic: HTC, can you share the survey results?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
HTC, can you share the survey results?
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2002, 11:21:21 PM »
LOL...this is what came up when I clicked on Superfly's link, just before my browser crashed and re-started.  :D

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2002, 11:35:52 PM »
Really?  It's just an mp3 file.  Or maybe you have succombed to my evil marketting schemes and entered into a "world of sh**t"  :D
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2002, 01:04:57 AM »
Yeah right Superfly, I know it's just more of that evil marketing crap.  Piss off mister!  Do you realize how many second <'s' left off intentionally) it took me to click on the 'Don't Send' button?  Huh?  Do you realize the kind of pain and anguish and frustration that box brought into my life by popping up on my screen?  Soliciting for my information for free so that they can make my user experience more enjoyable in the future, without asking me first?  Do you think they'd do me the service of showing me all of the information submitted to them and compiled by them if I asked them to give it to me for free?!?...I think NOT!

Filthy marketing buggering bastards, them and you too Superfly, I'M PISSED NOW AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

SOB
:D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2002, 01:48:49 AM »
I watched... a snail
crawl along the edge of a straight razor...
crawl along the edge.. and survive.

this is my dream... this is my nightmare..

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2002, 01:50:18 AM »
I think we should have a bar code tattooed to our head that has to be scanned before entering the MA. We also might think about a $1000.00 pledge of faith to HT every few months.:eek:

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2002, 09:23:03 AM »
I think we should have a bar code tattooed to our head that has to be scanned before entering the MA.

What do you think an IP is?  HTC is "big borther" (and Pyro would be "mini-me").  

They see you when your vulching, they know whern you're a dweeb..........

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2002, 10:37:50 AM »
May I be excused now? My brain is full.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2002, 02:36:33 PM »
Is one opinion that is different then HTC's equate to an attack on HTC as a whole?

It appears that some believe this it true.  It also appears that some people believe that HTC can't withstand the horrific onslaught of a differing opinion of 1 of their policies.  

Brave bbs warriors!!  HTC is saved once again by your glorious insults and rhetoric.  I for one will sleep easier tonight.:rolleyes:

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2002, 04:53:17 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
(Quote from Pyro) "Some people always fall outside of the bell curve..."  

Yea, by about 4 standard deviations! LOL  

eskimo
I have never considered it to be a bad thing to be outside the bell curve. Even 4 standard deviations is not far enough :D

The number of people that felt it was necessary to correct and/or insult my position contrary to the mainstream as they see it is impressive.

Maybe if more people said something or better yet voted with their dollars, we wouldn't have to watch a commercial for coke and a new TV show after paying $7 to see a movie. But most people don't mind spending an extra 20 to 30 minutes watching commercials before getting what they paid for, so we all have to live with it if we want to enjoy a night out at the movies. Times are always changing, but almost never for the better. I am opposed to the commercialization of my life and have no qualms challenging anyone on that issue even if I am a minority of 1 in billions.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2002, 07:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Is one opinion that is different then HTC's equate to an attack on HTC as a whole?

It appears that some believe this it true.  It also appears that some people believe that HTC can't withstand the horrific onslaught of a differing opinion of 1 of their policies.  

Brave bbs warriors!!  HTC is saved once again by your glorious insults and rhetoric.  I for one will sleep easier tonight.:rolleyes:

LOL...or you could just not hit the link to this thread....let alone reply to it multiple times...  :rolleyes:

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2002, 01:05:07 PM »
Drexx: "The key to reversing a bandit, who is above you, is to make your plane look like an easy target."

I must have a U-Turn sign on top of my C.205 then. :D

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2002, 10:05:08 PM »
Twitism is running rabid within this thread.
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2002, 11:17:02 PM »
agh

i leave for a weekend and look at what happens

i must say that if steak hates all polls then by god make a little option to turn them off

after all, they take up so much time to answer and i would hate to miss out on a vulch because i was going over my final answer for 'what do you like most..' etc

hell, i view htc as a bunch of friends and i dont feel worried that my answers are being used as anything but useful to them.

it's not a pop up banner.

big brother syndrome. yeesh.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2002, 02:54:18 AM »
What many of you are failing to realize (funny how so many new people have an opinion on the issue once Pyro posted) is that its marketing's intrusiveness - not how difficult or easy it is to cooperate and give in.

As in steakeagle's example, it's easy to sit thru commercials before the main feature.  It's also easy to click a radio button. I can handle it.  I'm tough like that.

But can any of you deny that if the whole of marketing questionaires, "non-invasive" advertising, junk mail, telemarketing, or sidewalk surveys disappeared overnight (or even a significant part) you wouldn't prefer it?

All that's been said in this thread is "I wish it weren't there" - believe me, I'm a big fan of HTC.  The specific case of the AH radio box doesn't bother me as much as steakeagle, but in a general sense, I want to add my voice to the growing discontent who think marketing (as an industry) is getting out of hand.

-sudz

edit: added industry qualification
« Last Edit: April 22, 2002, 02:57:58 AM by -sudz- »

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2002, 12:56:34 PM »
I just can't resist replying to this:

Originally posted by moose
hell, i view htc as a bunch of friends and i dont feel worried that my answers are being used as anything but useful to them.

it's not a pop up banner.

big brother syndrome. yeesh.

I fail to see where a poll box is any different than a popup banner. Just as harmless when you don't reply. Also just as useless and annoying given its fundamental purpose.

I have never had a friend require my credit card info and charge me a monthly service fee. Nor has a friend ever asked me a single poll question to identify a pattern so he can find more friends like me.

As friendly and courteous as HTC is, they are a business whose main objective has to be profit. They are as friendly as most businesses who want to make profits should be since legitimate companies survive by satisfying their customers.

This puts me in the adversarial position of being a customer whose main objective is getting the best possible service/product for the least possible cost. It is their right to choose what service/product they provide and who they are willing to provide it to. It is my right to communicate to them what service/product I would like and to choose their service/product if they offer it to me.

Thanks to this thread, they are now fully aware of my position and that it is very much a minority position. So I expect them to make no changes in their polling system/policies. If anyone actually read my full posts instead of just the parts they didn't like, they would know that I have no intention of canceling my subscription to AH because my only beef with HTC in the first place is refusing someone elses request to post the results of all these "harmless" polls. Would it be the end of the world if iEN and WWIIOnline knew what % of AH players built model airplanes or attended airshows in the last year? Treating shallow marketing data as confidential material is as laughable as some of the security policies on my submarines. But I guess the competition is so tight that the publication of our freely given opinions could make or break HTC.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!