Author Topic: I understand now...  (Read 294 times)

Sandman_SBM

I understand now...
« on: April 17, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
For the past three months or so, the SBM have been flying as Bish... yeah... we heard the whines and the constant lamentation from Rookland that the MA was really not that much fun, etc...

We decided to rotate to Rookland for Tour 15.

I tell ya... they were right... It was easier being a Bish... There's no momentum in Rookland. Seems like you're always fighting an uphill battle. It's one thing to fly with the Bish.. flying against them gives a whole new appreciation for the talent of the opposition and the frustration of being a Rook. The Bish and Knight juggernaut just does not stop... ever. It can be slowed for a bit, but it just keeps comin.

So... <S> to past Rooks that fought the good fight. It isn't easy.

------------------
cheers,
sand
screamin blue messiahs
The SBM's are hiring!

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
I understand now...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2001, 01:12:00 PM »
"Knight Juggernaut"? Hardly. But I must say as much as I hate the Bishops they're fairly well organized (although the dweebry still there) that's one of the flaws the knights have as we tried to organize several LW squads to fly for Knights(mostly European) after 5 clk my time Knight offensive goes down the drian until "El Generalisimo Ripsnort" logs in and we get to kick some booty.

------------------
Glasses---I may have 4 eyes ,but you only have one wing.
Besser tot als rot

Sandman_SBM

I understand now...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
Okay... the juggernaut bit was a stretch... just tryin' to be nice...  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
I understand now...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2001, 01:50:00 PM »
LOL Glasses, actually, I haven't been loggin' much time lately, seems a few other generals have taken control of Knitland and are doing a fine job.  Sturm always has something going, Darling missions come to mind, and of course, Blitz, the one-man show!  Blitz is incredible, I tell ya!

Moose11

I understand now...
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
Well, usually the rooks aren't doing too bad at night EST but lately it seems that the Assassins haven't been in a strat mood. We've been furballin away happily.

Not meaning to say that all Rook offensive is AssASSin oriented, but I noticed that when we stopped running missions, no one else did.

We're all strat-ed up. Won't even move Zig anymore for great justice.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
I understand now...
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2001, 02:52:00 PM »
<shudders>

You mean there is actually a country MORE disorganized than the Bish?

[This message has been edited by Toad (edited 04-17-2001).]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
I understand now...
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »
My squad went Bish for tour when we were in our 'Rotating' phase - we used to fly Rook exclusively - the Bish did seem disorganised, but we were only there for a tour.

They seem to be putting up a good fight at the moment.

We fly Knights exclusively now, and the only downside is the necessesity of sharing a com channel with StSanta and his LW freak show. And listening to the incessant creaking of leather.  

But hey, one must sacrifice.

War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
I understand now...
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
Please forgive Sandman for his farsical post about Bishland being organized.  I'm sure it wasn't his intention to mislead anyone, but for the last couple of tours we've let him into the secret underground FDB liquor storage facilities and he'd been in an alcoholic haze the whole time.  After switching to Rookland and sobering up, his memory must have invented this and several other fanasies to cope with the lack of booze.

Organized Bishops?  You so crazy!  

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
I understand now...
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2001, 12:33:00 AM »
Aw Dowding, we all know that you like the smell of sweaty leather in the morning. And afternoon, evening and night  .

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Sandman_SBM

I understand now...
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2001, 05:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by SOB:
Please forgive Sandman for his farsical post about Bishland being organized.  I'm sure it wasn't his intention to mislead anyone, but for the last couple of tours we've let him into the secret underground FDB liquor storage facilities and he'd been in an alcoholic haze the whole time.  After switching to Rookland and sobering up, his memory must have invented this and several other fanasies to cope with the lack of booze.

Organized Bishops?  You so crazy!    

SOB

Funny post SOB... First point falls flat though... I never accused the Bish of being organized.  

Shit... where's my tequila?

sand