Author Topic: The true and only arabic knight ;)  (Read 280 times)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
The true and only arabic knight ;)
« on: April 17, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
Fariz (arabic) -- mounted warrior, knight.

So I request the AK squad to be disbanded due to illigal use of the registered trademark (birth certificate of 1970)  

Fariz Alikishibekov

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2001, 11:18:00 AM »
I'm sorry Fariz, but we hired a legal team to investigate this and believe we are 100% entitled to the use of the name.

It turns out that you are only protected when it comes to the term "Arabian Nights".  The use of the "k" in our squad name is representative of an individual as opposed to a moment (or 1000 moments in your case) and thus it has entirely different connotations.

I advise you not to fight this.  We have the backing of Bill Gates who is currently a little pissed about petrolium prices and has granted us access to his legal team... as well as his counter-terrorist squad.  You've left a paper trail Fariz.. you can be traced.

So, for your own good and the good of your nation you may want to drop this issue.  Your name has been recorded.

AKDejaVu

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
I advise you not to fight this.  We have the backing of Bill Gates who is currently a little pissed about petrolium prices and has granted us access to his legal team...

Ok, I talked to guys in goverenment, and they agreed to double oil production in Azerbaijan. I will let uncle Bill to know it ASAP  

Fariz

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2001, 11:36:00 AM »
I want to know what "mounted knight" means...

Jihad occasionally comes over to knitland, his name means 'Holy War' in arabic.

Offline AKSneaky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.usaserve.net\sneakynet
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
Mounted Knight refers to after hours 'recreational' time.  heh heh ;-)

http://www.warbird.org/cascade/

[This message has been edited by AKSneaky (edited 04-17-2001).]

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2001, 12:58:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fariz:
I will let uncle Bill to know it ASAP  

Fariz

umm, who 86'd uncle sam? and who's this bill guy?  

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
I want to know what "mounted knight" means...  

Jihad occasionally comes over to knitland, his name means 'Holy War' in arabic.

it does ripsnort? better check that one m8  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »

Jihad, routinely translated as holy war, often makes headlines. For example, Yasir Arafat’s May 1994 call in Johannesburg
for a “jihad to liberate Jerusalem”[1] was a turning point in the peace process; Israelis heard him speak about using
violence to gain political ends, and questioned his peaceable intentions. Both Arafat himself [2] and his aides[3] then
clarified that he was speaking about a “peaceful jihad” for Jerusalem.

This incident points to the problem with the word jihad: what exactly does it mean? Two examples from leading American
Muslim organizations, both fundamentalist, show the extent of disagreement this issue inspires. The Council on
American-Islamic Relations, a Washington-based group, flatly states that jihad “does not mean `holy war.’” Rather, it
refers to “a central and broad Islamic concept that includes the struggle to improve the quality of life in society, struggle in
the battlefield for self-defense . . . or fighting against tyranny or oppression.” CAIR even asserts that Islam knows no such
concept as “holy war.”[4] In abrupt contrast, the Muslim Students Association recently distributed an item with a Kashmir
dateline, “Diary of a Mujahid.” The editor of this document understands jihad very much to mean armed conflict:

While we dream of jihad and some deny it, while others explain it away, and yet others frown on it to hide their
    own weakness and reluctance towards it, here is a snapshot from the diary of a mujahid who had fulfilled his
    dream to be on the battlefield.[5]

Does jihad mean a form of moral self-improvement or war in accord with Islamic precepts? There is no simple answer to
this question, for Muslims for at least a millennium have disagreed about the meaning of jihad. But there is an answer.