Author Topic: Current CT Pac setups are way, way too hard on the Japanese  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Current CT Pac setups are way, way too hard on the Japanese
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2002, 11:00:30 AM »
I think one of the things the CM's should be asking for is the ability to restrict ord loadouts.

If you had the capability to restrict  U S Iron to a lower loadout capability it wouldn't be so unbalancing.

Yes at the end of the war F4u's & Hellcats carried 2k of bombs. But did they in 43?  Limit them to 500'lb bombs and how does that change the gameplay?

Esp from Carriers, also you could enable its 2k loadout at rear bases for defense.

As for Eskimo's claim, well I saw him rack up a 9 kill sortie in a niki killing acks, planes in the air & I suspect on the ground. I was there in a Zeke and got shot down 3 times without a single kill.

Which brings up the final sore spot.
Arena resets, all the perks I gained last week with nothing to spend them on are gone. This week when I could desperately have used a few. I have none, and was unable to get even 1 in a hour of flying.

We need a perk bank that lets us save & transfer perks just like a real bank.
Transfering to another arena or setup, fine, put a healthy transaction fee on it.

I guess I'm like Karnak. I used to love PTO setups, but I won't fly this one.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2002, 11:42:10 AM »
The perk-affecting variables should get fixed shortly.  It's unfortunate we CM's don't have the power to change those, but that's life.  As for those who say, "This set up's too unbalanced; I won't fly in this one." all I can say is...okay, that's your choice.  But I've flown both sides in this tour (more IJ than Allied) and have had a good time.  Bases have changed hands, kills all around.  I still prefer it over the MA, even with this perceived imbalance.   Interestingly enough, the only A/C I really fear to go against when I'm flying Japanese A/C is the Hellcat.  The other's are a challange, but I face them with confidence.  In the end, if you're having fun then don't worry about whether the N1K2 should be perked or not, or whether the Allies can carry too many bombs and rockets.  If you're not having fun, then play in the MA.  But don't just look at the set up, or play 30 minutes, and decide not to fly in the CT.

Sabre
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2002, 02:38:04 PM »
CT staff,

Could you tell me how the CT Staff would like to use the Ki-84-Ia (should it ever be added) in CT Pac Theatre setups? What kinds of ideas might you have?

Sorry about the original text.  I know you guys work hard at this.  My sincere apologies.

Wotan,

No, I was not refering to the lack of the Spit IX.  Iwas refering to the presence of the Fw190A-5.

The NA campaign that I am familiar with involved mainly Hurri IIs, Spit Vs, P-40s vs. Bf109Fs.  Yet when I was flying in the Tunisia map I was pretty much flying Hurri IIs against Fw190A-5s.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2002, 09:17:42 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2002, 02:40:51 PM »
when i found out what bases the spit ixs were at in tunisia I put up missions to capture all three and did to prove that regardless of your allied whines you wouldn't be able to fly it for long :) even if it was the last day. Istead of taking those bases back you were milkrunning the axis hq. At that time the allies had near a 2 to 1 advantage in numbers. Knocking out dar just causes folks to log.

The luftwaffe fought in the south because we could get in 109f4s and have good fun fights with spit 5s. Almost historical if ya think about it.

Tunisia regardless of the whining theres was no axis conscession
in terms of aircraft. Wilbus was right a5s were used more often in tunisia then the spit ix. I posted a link  to a jabo squadron who recieved them inn the beginning of march.

Allies got p51bs and p38ls these planes needed to be limited because 1 they were never in tunisia and 2 they performed well beyond anything available at the time. The b26 and moss as well were gameplay concessions to the allies. The spit ix was so rare in tunisia that it needed to be limited as well. And since it was in tunisia in the last week (rl) before the germans with drew then making it available on the last day and at limited bases was quite a bit "more real" then having it available from day 1 and from every base.

The fact is despite all the allied whiners they have been given the majority of gameplay concessions in every ct set up thus far. This is the result  of a lack of a complete planset. It appears the ct cms have went through a great effort to get set ups people like.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2002, 07:19:24 PM »
With lots of people in the arena maybe this setup would work....  but with small numbers... not a chance.

Flew my last hop in the CT until the next setup.

Thanx for the effort CM's ya don't know until you try, I can understand that.  
After Tunisia which I had alot of fun in, this setup is a dissappointment.  I prefer to fly axis... (I will fly allied if the teams need to be evened up in a minute)  the game is about balance, this setup is as unbalanced as it can get in AH IMO.  I don't care about ord, I am just talking fighter vs fighter.

If you think the planeset is balanced...  watch the CT #'s I am sure they will tell the tale, and indicate success or failure in this regard.

No point in sayin anymore

Cya in the next one

SKurj

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2002, 09:09:44 PM »
Actually there was only one field that was allied held that Brady enabled the spit9 at, it was captured within an hour. It was then that a few of us worked over the axis HQ. The other two fields that the spit 9 were enabled at were axis held at the time. I asked brady about it and he said that they were allied held in the beginning, and that where he wanted to put them.

I don't think the spit9 was no more scarce in tunisia than the 190A5. That was my whole gripe. The 190a4 was there but not in large numbers (at least what I gathered from the references posted here.)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2002, 10:10:39 PM »
i posted a link that showed at least 20 190a5s were being used as a fast bomber group (schnelleskampfgeschwader) III./SKG10
The a5s were there in early march. Even so the 190a4 was there
as was the a3 and the performance difference between an a4 and a5 arent all that different. If anything you can view this as an offset to the other concessions all ready given the allies.

Now read the stuff funked provided. It states "spit ixs after april 30th" and agiven date of may 8th. It also shows the rarity of the spit ixs at the given date. It stated that 4 out of a flight of 10 were spit ixs. the rest being spit vs.

You are correct 32 had spits ixs we took it then took 34 (?) then another.

Theres no doudt that the spit ixs was the spit after the with drawl of the germans from NA. It is equally clear that spit ixs were fewer then a5s and werent there until maybe as little as a week prior to the german evacuation.

Offline jarbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2002, 01:17:05 AM »
As for balance/imbalance of a setup, I plan to watch this one thru the end of the tour and make my overall assessment rather than snap to judgement.  I have however noticed that the IJN have taken more Allied bases than the Allies have taken from the IJN.  This tends to counter arguments that the Japanese are completely screwed.  

Just my opinion,
Jarbo
« Last Edit: April 23, 2002, 02:04:51 AM by jarbo »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2002, 04:59:54 AM »
Jarbo does raise an interesting point, the George has a freaking ton of 20mm ammo as we all know, with it's two  500 pound bombs it can do some serious damage to a bases's town, in this capacity it is the best Jabo the Japanese have, It would still be a better Jabo than the Ki 84. The Ki 84 has the exact same weapons (including bombs) as the Tony does albet more ammo. The inclushion of the JU 88 has done a lot to add balence in the bomber catagory.

Another observation of mine is this, we can sight preformance figures till were all blue in the face. the same can be said for ordance loadout's, when it comes right down to it, often these are not at all revelant in determing how a set is going to play, the human factor can not be dismised and often is far more revelant than all the other factors.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2002, 05:08:49 AM by brady »

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2002, 09:24:00 AM »
is it possible that untill the japanese get the ki84 can we sub the la5 for it (maybe perk it a point or two)

personally i dont like to sub any planes but sometimes u gotta do it for balance.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2002, 11:53:55 AM »
Originally posted by SKurj
If you think the planeset is balanced...  watch the CT #'s I am sure they will tell the tale, and indicate success or failure in this regard.

Maybe I'm the moron?  I've been having a fine time flying for the Empire, and haven't felt that either the Zeke or the Tony was outclassed by anything - except for the P-51.  In fact, I feel kind of sorry for those folks who fly Corsairs.  Of course, you'll seldom be able to chase anyone down if he wants to get away, but most people want to fight, and it seems to me the Rising Sun planes do just fine.

I don't think the numbers tell the whole tale.  In Tunisia I was only once able to fly as the Allies, because the Axis were the low number side on all other occasions.  Same thing this week.  I think that lots of people are familiar with Allied a/c, and don't want to take the time to learn the Axis planes.

- oldman

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2002, 12:06:17 PM »
Oldman +) u misunderstand...

I mean the total # of players in the arena over this week +) will tell the tale, not how many on which side...

SKurj

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2002, 12:50:44 PM »
The 190A5 is for game play purposes identical to an 190A4. people that say the use of the A5 is an axis conssesion are on crack. The a4 was in service in Tunisia. (as was the Spit IX)
I have to agree that the current CT is boring unless the allies get bored of their uncontestable advantage and aggree to tangle with the zekes...then ammo shoots us down...

I disagree that the Pony and the Jug D11 totaly dominate the Niki though...kind of a silly statement. They are just faster.

What we ended up doing last night was all taking Seafires and mixing it up with the Empires best. It was fun...but it was just a furball. Nothing you couldnt get in the MA with alot more choice.
If only I could have connected to the MA...

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2002, 09:15:21 PM »
The only kill I managed to get was a suicide HO using a Ki-61 against a P-38.  Every other Alled fighter has simply run from me after making a couple of high speed passes, run and not ever come back.

Oh, excpet for the time that I took on 3 F4U-1s and 2 P-51Bs with an A6M5b.  Took them quite a while to kill me, I could've drawn it out even longer if I hadn't tried to become the aggressor.  With five on one the Allied pilots seem willing to actually fight.

Had a nice dance with 2 P-47D-11s in a Ki-61.  They tried to sucker me into commiting to an attack on one and the other would kill me, but I didn't bite.  Pulled them down where I found 5-6 other Ki-61s and combined we managed to barely pull one of the P-47s down.  The other used its speed to get away.  The P-47 pilots then started whining that the Ki-61 was too good.  Apparently 2 P-47D-11s vs. 6-7 Ki-61s should result in a romping kill fest for the P-47s.:rolleyes:

Jarbo,

I appologize for the tone of my post.  You are right, it was atagonistic.  I will edit it.

Could you tell me how the CT Staff would like to use the Ki-84-Ia (should it ever be added) in CT Pac Theatre setups?  What kinds of ideas might you have?

Thanks.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2002, 10:05:07 PM »
eventually even the best allied pilots make a mistake. If you are a good enough shot, and are there at that moment, then the little zeke is mighty.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011