Author Topic: WinXP registration?  (Read 584 times)

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
WinXP registration?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2002, 03:03:12 AM »
Stat, the corporate version does not have the "product activation" hassle built into it.

XP Home certainly does, and Pro does in most cases as well.  It's a royal pain if you own a laptop, as occasionally Windows XP will decide you've made too many changes and decide to block access to all your programs until you reactivate.

I will NEVER put any Microsoft software on my system with product activation.  Should they continue this policy I'll just switch to linux for work purposes (it's better anyway)  and try to keep my "old" Windows 2000 box up and running for AH and games. ;)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WinXP registration?
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2002, 09:48:07 AM »
Problem solved. Installed WinXP Pro Corp. version and life is good with no activation. :)

Offline Conway

• Zinc Member
WinXP registration?
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2002, 10:57:00 PM »
Well, for those of you who expressed interest of AH on Linux, I maintain a page with a HOWTO of doing just that!
This is by emulating windows using Transgaming's WineX (version 2.0 was just released).

The site is here : http://www.inimage.com/AH/AH_on_Linux.html

For now, joystick support requires a patch (available on my site), but I've submitted code to WineX, and soon it'll be in the mainline.